First Response 20 day OPKs

banana1011

Reaction score
Good morning/afternoon/evening ladies :hi:

Hope everyone is having a great start to their week! Here in Southern US, it's rainy and crappy...excellent day to be working from home in my PJs!

I have a question. I did an OPK this AM (I know, do it in the afternoon, but I couldn't stop myself from reaching into the drawer and peeing on something) and my OPK came up 1/2 positive. 1/2 the test line was as dark as the control line.

Now, I researched as any obsessed TTC'er would do and went to peeonastick.com. It said that as long as 1/2 the line was as dark or darker than control, it's a positive...BUT...it depends on the brand.

I'm going to hold my wee for this afternoon, but wondered if anyone knew if 1st response OPKs are one of those in the "if 1/2 is as dark, then it's positive" category.

THANKS LADIES!

do you mean like the top half of the line is dark but not the bottom half? Or something like that?

P.S. I'm in northern U.S. so all is well here. Was chilly this weekend...made me want to go to the cider mill.

I want to go pick apples. It smells like fall out there right now! Mmmm, apple cider!

No, it was left to right. Left darker than right side of the line. I was going to wee again, but then I totally forgot and piddled an hour and a half ago. I was sitting on the potty and peed and grabed the TP and Damn it...I forgot to POAS...couldn't as much get a dribble more out! So, I'm withholding water again and waiting...patiently.

Oh darn...I hate when I forget to POAS. Incredibly frustrating considering I practically wake up in the morning just so I can do that.

Ummm, I wonder if there just wasn't enough day to fill in the whole line as dark as it would have. I would probably consider it a positive but I would double check with CM and CP.

It's frustrating...you should drink lots of fluids to help with CM, but then you can't drink lots of fluids because you need to POAS! Goodness!

I think doing the opk would be best done in the morning when you first wake up. That way you havent pee'd or drank water recently so it should be more concentrated.

If you think it is positive get movin' girl!!!!!!! :sex:

ryder -

you're not supposed to pee on an opk in the morning, since it can give you a false positive. You always have LH in your system so it would collect over night in your urine.
Thats why you pee in the morning, and 4 hours later do the opk :D

really? i didnt know that, I have the cb digital one and it says you can test any time.

hmmm ya CB says first thing in the morning is most convenient.. Maybe FR is different though?

https://www.clearblue.com/ca/clearblue-digital-ovulation-test-faq.php

I've had that half line thing happen to me too, but I was using ICs. I counted it as positive because it made sense with my CM and CP.

I'd kill for some rainy weather. It's been unbearably hot the last few days, which is making sleep after night shifts nearly impossible.

Well, I'm gonna count it and see what tomorrow brings. My CM is creamy, but I've been doing antihistimines - see thread "Why me wasp? Why me" - and my CP is high, soft and I think open. So, after a shower - was out playing with my horse and now I smell like one...DH does NOT find that attractive - we'll get in a good :sex: session and maybe in the AM too for fun! He'll be happy to wake up to :sex:

omg, you have a horse??????????? that is amazing! I have one too, I cant believe it LOL

What kind of horse and riding do you have/do? I have a thoroughbred mare and we used to event... but now mostly we just do dressage!

That's awesome!!!! I have a paint gelding. I rode Hunt Seat all my life, so he's being trained in hunt seat and throwing a western saddle on and seeing how he does with that too, he's got an AWESOME stride and does really well with both. I've dabbled in dressage in the past, but it's been AGES since I've done a pattern. I haven't taken him over fences yet...just cross rails and a few 2 footers, but nothing big yet. He's still learning... he's 6, but acts like he's 2 sometimes!

I can't believe you used to event! You're a brave soul!!!!

Dakota at  new barn.jpg Dakota being lazy.jpg

He's a filthy mess in these pics. He had a good ol' time rolling in the field!

lol... Its so depressing telling people I USED to event. Once I have all my kids and they are a bit older I will get back at it. I am going to breed my mare in the spring hopefully and her baby will be my next event horse!

Heres a couple of us... first one I was 5 months preggo at a walter zettl clinic...

https://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/vicbrenan/IMG_1319.jpg

https://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq49/vicbrenan/vicxc1.jpg

You didn't even have a hint of a belly at 5 mos you lucky duck! Did you ride throughout your whole pregnancy?

You two look amazing! And I'm so jealous you're gonna breed her. A little one running around...awww...they melt my heart!

After high school, I sold my mare - what a sweetie - and they bred her. She made BEAUTIFUL babies. She had 2...that I know of anyway.

Don't be depressed about saying "used to" I give you TONS of credit. I could NEVER do a cross country course! Hell, there are days when I think...if I hit the ground, it's not going to feel like it did when I was a teenager! The "craziest" thing I did was ride intercollegiate in college. Man, I was on some crazy horses taking them through courses. We had a whopping 3 minutes before the class to adjust sturrips and off we went. Yeah...there were some shows where I wondered how I made it out of the ring in 1 piece.

lol thank you... yes, I rode throughout most of my pregnancy, I was actually training a couple racehorses when I found out, luckily they were headed to the track quite soon after, so I only rode them until I was about 2 months.

But I rode a few select horses until I was about 7 months, and rode my horse and another until 8 months. After that it just became too uncomfortable though. Plus my horse is 16.2hh so it was a hell of a climb to get on lol.

we'll see how long I last in the saddle...well, I mean...if I ever get that damn bfp! (Patience, not my forte).

I'm teaching some beginner lessons right now, so if anything when I'm large and in charge, I'll still smell like a horse!! And I'll continue ground work with my boy to keep him well mannered. Although, picking out his feet with a big belly may not be a pretty sight. Thank goodness there's a 9 year old girl who loves my boy...I know she'd be thrilled to groom him for me!

lol well I used to walk my horse down the lane at the barn right up until the end. My barn owner would always joke around saying her thought I was out with my horse giving birth in a field lool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->