First scan today and the word GIRL appeared on the screen

Mummy_Claire

Mummy to Theo
Reaction score
I had my first scan today at Broomfield Hospital in Essex, U.K. They measured the baby and in the corner of the screen it said "11+4 GIRL". She did it again and the word GIRL also appeared then.
Now I know they can't accurately predict gender at this point, but is this any indication of gender? Or perhaps, is the measuring tool used for dating also used to look at gender in the 20 week scan? I didn't mention anything at the scan because i know they can't really say anything. I regret not asking now lol.

Do you have a picture with it on..? It's very unusual for them to state gender so early, let alone just put it on the screen without asking if you even want to know..!
Are you sure it didn't say 'CRL' ..? That stands for Crown Rump Length which is a measurement they take of the baby for dating/determining how many weeks you are, and would make sense if they were taking that measurement at the time

That would make sense, but I did see it twice. If it did say CRL then it looked very much like the word girl lol. It was only on the screen very briefly after she did the measurement, so no it's not on the actual scan.

I also immediately thought CRL, which is how they date you by measurement at this stage. May have just been funny writing lol. Congrats on a good scan xxxxxx

The machine doesn't put the gender on the screen; it's the tech who puts it in when he/she knows you want to know and it's usually a bit further along, so I don't think it would pop up with a measurement. Does that make sense? I guess what I'm saying is the only time you'd see a gender is when you tell the tech you want to know and he/she goes looking between the legs, tells you and then types it in so you have it on your printed scan pic. Like the other ladies, I'm wondering if it was crl, but maybe written in a way so that just quickly looking it looked like girl? Idk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->