First time IVF Buddies

Appt booked for 21st and drugs being delivered 10th. Starting to feel very real now... how r we all? X

Congrats on getting everything set up! Sorry for not being around lately, been quite sick with a cold. Blahhhh...

Thank you.

Ohh no that's rubbish. How r u feeling now? X

Still pretty awful. Docs have me on antibiotics for a sinus infection, plus the start of an ear infection in both ears. The whole left side of my face is so sore it hurts to move my mouth. :dohh: Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. Today was day three of antibiotics, and the PA said I should be feeling a lot better on day 4 or 5. I'm hoping that I wake up feeling much better tomorrow!

How are you doing?

Hi, I am on my first cycle of IVF and could do with a buddy too. before I drive my DH mad.

A little background on my TTC journey so far. We started TTC back in 2009 and we have had 8 Miscarriages so far. We have had every test done possible and have no answers as to why this keeps happening.

our last miscarriage was what they call a Hetroectopic back in November, (1 in 36000 chance of it happening). It resulted in me be very poorly for a while and losing my left tube. My remaining tube is fine but due to the amount of miscarriages and the loss of one of my tubes they finally decided it was time to give us a little help.

So here we are. I started my first injection on the 5th August. I have been back to the hospital twice since and due to there still been follicles on my ovaries I have not been able to start on the next injection. It's all driving me crazy. I am very tired, whether it's from the medication or the mental stress of it all. I'm also feeling very bloated and down. We so desperately want this to work. We have been through so much and have waited a really long time to become parents. We have everything crossed.

I really hope your dreams become true xx

Hi Zelly, im currently on my first ivf cycle. I started down regulation on August 1st with a daily injection of buserelin. Yesterday i was finally ready to start stims so had my first shot last night.

Tootsie, I understand how frustrating it is. It took me 36 days to down regulate. I found it got easier the longer i was injecting but the bloating was and still is horrendous! Hot flushes aren't too pleasurable either! I wish you all the luck with your cycle & fingers crossed your good to go with your next scan x

Still pretty awful. Docs have me on antibiotics for a sinus infection, plus the start of an ear infection in both ears. The whole left side of my face is so sore it hurts to move my mouth. :dohh: Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon. Today was day three of antibiotics, and the PA said I should be feeling a lot better on day 4 or 5. I'm hoping that I wake up feeling much better tomorrow!

How are you doing?

How are you feeling now? Better I hope?

Yeah I am good thanks, waiting impatiently for October to hurry up so I can start treatment :happydance:

Hi, I am on my first cycle of IVF and could do with a buddy too. before I drive my DH mad.

A little background on my TTC journey so far. We started TTC back in 2009 and we have had 8 Miscarriages so far. We have had every test done possible and have no answers as to why this keeps happening.

our last miscarriage was what they call a Hetroectopic back in November, (1 in 36000 chance of it happening). It resulted in me be very poorly for a while and losing my left tube. My remaining tube is fine but due to the amount of miscarriages and the loss of one of my tubes they finally decided it was time to give us a little help.

So here we are. I started my first injection on the 5th August. I have been back to the hospital twice since and due to there still been follicles on my ovaries I have not been able to start on the next injection. It's all driving me crazy. I am very tired, whether it's from the medication or the mental stress of it all. I'm also feeling very bloated and down. We so desperately want this to work. We have been through so much and have waited a really long time to become parents. We have everything crossed.

I really hope your dreams become true xx

Hi, welcome

I know the feeling, I think I drive OH mad too sometimes with all the tallk :dohh:

Wow I am sorry to hear about your current TTC journey and hope you get your little bundle of joy soon.

Have you made any progress since your post? Are you feeling any better? xx

Hi Zelly, im currently on my first ivf cycle. I started down regulation on August 1st with a daily injection of buserelin. Yesterday i was finally ready to start stims so had my first shot last night.

Tootsie, I understand how frustrating it is. It took me 36 days to down regulate. I found it got easier the longer i was injecting but the bloating was and still is horrendous! Hot flushes aren't too pleasurable either! I wish you all the luck with your cycle & fingers crossed your good to go with your next scan x

Hey. How are you getting on now Tootsie since your post? How are you feeling? Thank you and good luck with yours xx

Hi All,

Thanks for replying it's so nice to be able to talk to others going through the same. I have my next scan on Fri 11th so hopefully I'll get the all go to move on to my stims. I have however started suffering from really bad headaches, whether this is due to the meds or just stress I don't know. I hate to twine though because I feel lucky to have been given this opportunity.

October will soon be here Zelly and your next journey will start.

Rachy how are you finding the stims injections ?

Hoping for good news for all of us xx

Tootsi, im doing pretty well with stims, its a little tougher to push the plunger down but aren't too bad. The slower i inject, the less it hurts and it helps avoid bruises. Make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids, they help with the headaches and you need to keep that up during stims. I have a scan on friday too 😉 x

Hi can I join the party?

Here's our story. DH (28) me (25) have a 3 year old DD who was conceived naturally after TTC only 2-3 months. Fast forward 2 years.. We started TTC in November 2014. In May we started to get curious as to why it's taking so much longer. In June we met with an RE. He tested DH's swimmers. We got back the numbers and they were quite low. Additionally, I needed a hysteroscopy done to remove scar tissue from my C-section with DD.
We did an IUI cycle August and just this week received our negative results.
IUI was done with Femara and Trigger.
Since the numbers were quite low after the sperm wash the RE recommended we move on to IVF.
Today I am started birth control pills (seems counter productive for conceiving, but that's how it's done ) and then in two weeks we begin injections.

I'm really excited and anxious!

Hi Rebecca, good luck with your cycle. Im quite surprised that youve been pushed towards ivf after lesd than a year ttc. Did you not try pre seed or smep? xx

Hi Rebecca, good luck with your cycle. Im quite surprised that youve been pushed towards ivf after lesd than a year ttc. Did you not try pre seed or smep? xx

Our numbers have a very very low chance of natural conception. The doctor can have us try naturally, but we will end up with the same result.
To the effect that he told us not to bother with IUI because we are not candidates for IUI.

Hi all, welcome to the fun Rebecca.

So I finally got my go ahead to start my stims yesterday, very excited but really anxious at the same time. My first try at the injections wasn't great but I got there in the end. It's so fiddly!!!

Everything will move so fast now and it's scary to think that in a matter of weeks we will know one way or the other. Fingers crossed xx

Hi laides,

Sorry I haven't been on much, not had a lot of PC access and harder on my mobile. How is everyone? Welcome to the new ladies.

Not a lot to report my end, appt week today and my drugs arrived Friday. Had in my head would be like an epi (think thats how you spell it) pen to inject, but ohh no hey are proper needles. I don't mind needles but don't know how I am going to feel when having to give it to myself.

Tootsi how are you getting on with your injections now?

Hi Rachy,

How are you finding the injections now?

Hi Rachy,

How are you finding the injections now?

Honestly, im sick of them now, ive done 55 injections since August 1st, my stomach is getting harder to inject. Im hugely bloated and im incredibly tender around the ovaries. Im on day 10 of stims and my follicles are all slow growers but there is 12 that look to be making progress! I have another scan on Wednesday & im hoping i can finally trigger, I can't wait until its over x

Hi Zelly. <3 I am finally better! Well, I still have a slight sniffle, but the worst of it is finally over. Spent three weeks sick!! I'm so excited that you got your meds and will be starting soon. You'll get the hang of the injections, don't worry! I'm sure you'll do great! When this week is your appt?

Rachy- You might want to ask your doc if any of your injections can go somewhere besides your abdomen. Some of mine were fine to do on hips or thighs, and it saved me from a lot of pain. Congrats on the nice follicle count!

Tootsi- Congrats on staring stims! When do you have your first follicle scan?

Hey everyone! Mind if I join in?
DH (31) and I (32) have been TTC for a couple years now, and last month finally got our butts to a fertility clinic to get tested. Turns out, Hubby has azoospermia, which was a pretty big shock. I also had uterine polyps, which they removed 2 weeks ago. Had our appointment today, and doc gave the go ahead for IVF. We're gonna try SSR, but need to choose a donor for backup.
Today is CD1, so go in for my ultrasound tomorrow, and to get the calendar for meds!
Kinda nervous and stressed about this whole process, but really feeling good that now that things are moving forward :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->