First time IVF Buddies

Hey Rachy, that's great news well done you. Sorry to hear it wasn't pleasant. I'm actually dreading it. Mine was suppose to be Friday but my scan showed I had lots of follicles they just aren't bug enough yet so u have to stay on the menopur till Monday and hopefully we will be ready for egg collections on Wednesday.

Hope you feel better soon xx

That's great rachy!

I just came home from my second scan today. Follicles are big enough, so doc says I'm ready to go! EC scheduled for Friday at 12:30, so I trigger tonight at 1:30am. SOOOOOO nervous about the EC, although I know it's all par for the course.

Right now, I am very aware of my ovaries, and sleeping last night wasn't very comfortable as my whole abdomen is tender. Oh well!

Thanks ladies. Of my 17 eggs collected, 15 were suitable for icsi & 11 fertilised normally.

Tootsi, i was slow at first then all of a sudden lots popped up and i had growth in all of them, my collection was meant to be a week ago! Have faith, things can change pretty quickly.

Amanda, good luck with your ec, do let us know how you get on xx

Thanks Rachy just get a bit disheartened when they delay you even longer. I knew things wouldn't run smoothly. If my end result is as god as yours then ill be happy. Really hope you get your little miracle out of one if them 15. Fingers and toes crossed.

Good luck for tomorrow Amanda, hope it all goes well. Will look forward to hearing how it all went xx

Great news ladies. How exciting and Tootsi I'm sure Monday will be ur day xx

Thanks Zelly fingers crossed. You have all this excitement to come ☺ xx

That's great rachy!

I just came home from my second scan today. Follicles are big enough, so doc says I'm ready to go! EC scheduled for Friday at 12:30, so I trigger tonight at 1:30am. SOOOOOO nervous about the EC, although I know it's all par for the course.

Right now, I am very aware of my ovaries, and sleeping last night wasn't very comfortable as my whole abdomen is tender. Oh well!

Good luck with the trigger and EC, amanda! :)

Ladies, I'm wondering if I could join you. I will be starting the IVF journey probably in November/December. I'm a first-timer-noob. :)

A little about me, DH (45) and I got married last December and started trying right away. Had a visit with my GP in June, as we had no success and I'm 38. Turns out that DH has severe MFI, despite having two children from a previous marriage. Should we be so lucky, this would be my first pregnancy.

Had my intake appt with RE last Thursday. Ultrasound showed a total of 35 antral follicles (20 left, 15 right) plus a dominant follicle (right). The u/s was on CD 12 though so I don't know how significant that number is. They said it was good for my age. Next appt is October 23rd, to discuss financial stuff, meet with the IVF nurse, get a sample schedule, I have another u/s scheduled then as well but honestly, I'm not sure what it is for. DH will be required to give a sample, as our clinic requires MFI couples to have one frozen in case things don't go well on the day of retrieval.

After that appt, the RE team meets and develops a plan and we go from there. Seems like a lot of waiting!

Anyway, I have found reading your stories interesting and informative, so thanks for sharing them. I'm looking forward to getting this show on the road!

Welcome, krasavitsa!

Yes, it does seem like a lot of waiting, but hopefully is all worth it in the end :)

Thanks ladies. Of my 17 eggs collected, 15 were suitable for icsi & 11 fertilised normally.

Tootsi, i was slow at first then all of a sudden lots popped up and i had growth in all of them, my collection was meant to be a week ago! Have faith, things can change pretty quickly.

Amanda, good luck with your ec, do let us know how you get on xx

Hi Rachy,

I see on your signature you've developed OHSS. How are you doing? Are you okay?

Thank you Tootsi x

Welcome krasavitsa :hi:

How are you Rachy?

Hi ladies, thanks for checking on me.

Im doing ok i think. Ive terrible back pain, huge bloated stomach which is making it difficult to stand up straight & breathlessness. Ive a scan and bloods tomorrow morning to see how bad things are but im passing urine fine so that must be a good sign.

I wont have any updates on my embryos until monday which will be day 6. Im hoping to get at least 6 to biopsy so fingers crossed xx

Hi ladies, thanks for checking on me.

Im doing ok i think. Ive terrible back pain, huge bloated stomach which is making it difficult to stand up straight & breathlessness. Ive a scan and bloods tomorrow morning to see how bad things are but im passing urine fine so that must be a good sign.

I wont have any updates on my embryos until monday which will be day 6. Im hoping to get at least 6 to biopsy so fingers crossed xx

Rachy,

Feel better and good luck!!

Hey Rachy your having a tough time. Are they leaving it a while before putting the egg back in because your quite poorly with it all? They've told me they hope to get the egg back in either 3 or 5 days after collection.

Really hope you feel better soon and lots of luck xxx

Its a freeze all cycle anyway because we're doing pgd, but I was told before collection that there's no way they'd do a fresh transfer with ohss because pregnancy hormones make it worse. Im ok with that though because I do feel like shit & wouldn't want to hurt my embabies x

Ahh I see. How are you feeling now.

Hoping Amanda is doing ok x

Im ok thanks for asking ☺

The clinic put me on clexane injections today, my body is over compensating for the fluid build up & my blood has gone *too thick* in the nurses words. Hopefully now im taking these, things will improve 👍

Hey! Had ec today, they got 13 eggs! Doesn't seem likes lot to me, but hopefully enough!

In quite a bit of pain, as they had to go through my uterus to get to the left side, but the heating pad is working nicely.

Hubby had his SSR and they found 1 lonely sperm. They'll try to fertilize with that one, and the rest with a donor.

Rachy, really hope you start to feel better soon! Sending good vibes your way.

How's everyone else doing?

13 is fab! Sorry you only managed to get 1 sperm from your dh, maybe that is your golden one!
Take it easy & rest up 👍 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->