First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Its funny, because I just quit the P yesterday, and I'm already cramping and feeling AF coming on. Which is great actually. I thought it would take several days to get here after so much P. The sooner its here, the sooner my natural cycle starts, and the quicker I can move into my FET cycle! :thumbup:

Moni - Are you just doing the 1 IVF cycle? My office offers a guarantee but no idea of the costs. Obviously doing 1 IVF includes the ability to pay for FET later if needed. I guess you need more than 1 IVF if you run out of frozen embrys. They have a finance group that offers guarantee...I think it was like $20K. But now my office offers it...I need to inquire on the price.

Its funny, because I just quit the P yesterday, and I'm already cramping and feeling AF coming on. Which is great actually. I thought it would take several days to get here after so much P. The sooner its here, the sooner my natural cycle starts, and the quicker I can move into my FET cycle! :thumbup:

I've had very minimal cramping today...stopped Wed night...but no spotting yet...last time I had the normal brown spotting after stopping the P.

Hi Erin! I just checked in to know how you were doing. We miss you in our old thread. I'm really sorry about the negative but I really admire your positive attitude. I had no idea the FET has a higher success rate but that's great news. Good luck honey! Who knows you can be the one who gets PG during this break :hugs:

So spotting today & it has some red...also feeling really crappy...so really hoping AF starts tomorrow...ready to get this show on the road!

So a few good things coming this cycle.

1 - Husband off all week during my IUI...so he can come to the IUI & the follicle count u/s without worrying about work.
2 - My test date will be Aug 14...my husband's birthday
3 - My due date will be Apr 23...week before my birthday
4 - The weekend before IUI will be spent in baseball country honoring Joe Torre & doing the thing we love most...road tripping it!!! So we should be feeling great when we come home to a follicle count.
5 - We have my meds figured out & hopefully the count issue figured out...everything will be on our side!

I am going to also try to work out some this month. Our garage & treadmill is set up...just need a tv hook up. Also going to try to count out bottles of water so I am drinking as much fluids as I should...also getting back on to religiously taking my vitamins.

Aw, thanks Suzy! I sure appreciate your kind words. I do need to update on the other threads I'm on again soon. Will do another update there soon. Thanks for checking in. It really makes me feel good to see that the bnb ladies care so much. :) I'll get back on there soon so I can see your latest update as well!

Beagle, although I'll be doing a natural cycle this time, I think you and I will be really close in our cycles again. I couldn't believe it, but I literally started AF the day after I stopped the P! Yesterday was cd1. I really thought it would take a few days. My body clearly knew i wasnt prego and was probably ready to start days ago. Anyway, I'm thrilled about it because now I'll be a few days closer to starting my fet cycle! I'm hoping this cycle is a nice short one too. (It would be awesome to just get a natural BFP though, lol!). Anyway, I'm so glad you have all your timing worked out so well and that you're happy with your next due date! I agree with you that you have a lot going for you since DH's count will be up and your follistim will probably give you multiple eggs again. Very exciting!!

Hi to Terri and Kelly!!! :flower:

Beaglemom-did AF arrive? I like your list of positives. That will be nice to have your hubs involved. Mine just asks 'how was your test?' And that's all he knows.

I have a few more days of BCPs and then it's time for monitoring/injections. I'm looking forward to it a little. The lady who gave the class made me feel good, so I hope Icsi is the answer for us. I also hope I have a lot of eggs so that if this fresh cycle doesn't work I have a lot of chances with frozen embryos.

Hope the rest of you are doing ok. :hugs:

Yep...cd 2 today. Waiting for my baseline u/s.

Moni - Are you just doing the 1 IVF cycle? My office offers a guarantee but no idea of the costs. Obviously doing 1 IVF includes the ability to pay for FET later if needed. I guess you need more than 1 IVF if you run out of frozen embrys. They have a finance group that offers guarantee...I think it was like $20K. But now my office offers it...I need to inquire on the price.

I am hoping to just do one! My office does not do the guarantee. I think the ones that do it, you pay for 3 in advance and then if all 3 do not work, you get some money back. I couldn't afford to do 3 at once. Turns out the meds were covered by my insurance ($150 in copays only) so where I thought I would be paying another 2-4K I am done except for the cost of freezing. So this one IVF cycle will cost me a total of about $13k. Hopefully we will have some embryos to freeze so if we do this again, it will be cheaper. We prob will not be able to afford to try the entire process again for a couple of years.

Now we are all close in cycles again!

I am getting excited for everyone.

Baseline u/s today. Everything looks good. Appears I have about 5-6 follies ready to start growing on each side. Meds ordered!

I asked about my husband's last count. You guys won't believe it...his overall count was 43 million...only 2 million motile which is why the low count (500,000) post wash. Crazy...the count before was 11 then 9 million post. So I asked about abstaining & she basically was like yeh sure why not. I guess sperm is not really an exact science. So we will probably BD Sat night when we will be in the hotel...better than trying at his uncle's house. That will give us 4-5 days abstaining. Which is about what we had with the 9 million count. Sometimes I wishI had an ovulation issue or something like that...seems women's issues are at least more scientific. With men, they just don't know what the hell is going on.

So my next u/s is on the 29th & IUI predicted for the 31st. Ladies, please be hoping for some good spermies & multiple eggs on this round for me! I think if we could get both to line up, I would have a decent shot.

Good morning ladies...hoping everyone is doing well. Started femara last night. I will be doing my follistim while on the road this weekend...should be interesting. Erin - has AF started for you? I hope so...I know you are anxious to get through this one to get closer to FET.

Leading up to IUI is always the easy part. Excited for this one.

I'm happy because I took my last bcp today. Tomorrow I have my first scan and bloodwork and then they'll let me know when to start taking my meds.

I hope this one works Beaglemom. Seems that everything is on your side this time. Fxfxfx.

All went well at my appointment today and I start taking my meds on Sunday. That link to the videos that you gave us is excellent, ERose. My hubs and I are ready to shoot up! :rofl:

Finally checking in... don't have much time... we had company for a week, then out of town, then more company. So now that we're back to reality, DH and I have some things we need to get done around here.

Terri, glad the vids worked out good for ya! They helped me a lot too. And I bet by now you've already gotten the hang of it and don't even need any instructions at all. We sure become pros at these things, huh? LOL. Hope everything is going well.

I'll have to respond to everyone else later or tomorrow since I need to run, but just wanted to update real quick.

AF arrived the very next day after quitting the P. I'm SO glad, because I'm ready to get this cycle over and move on to FET. Not sure why they wait a full cycle, but the nurse said it gives your hormones time to get normal again, and gives the body more time to recover from the ER. Hoping for a short cycle. It should be, since I'll be unmedicated. I'm already on cd9 or something. Started OPKs yesterday, so that we can try naturally this cycle, and I may or may not O early. I'll have my follow-up with my RE soon, so we can discuss next steps. Just glad it will be so much easier than the full IVF cycle!

As heartbreaking as it was for this not to work, I know I have a lot to be thankful for... I have insurance that pays a large portion, I got plenty of embies, and they have really good success rates for FET. So I am grateful for all that, and forcing myself NOT to feel sorry for myself. Just looking at the positives, and just getting myself pumped up and excited for the FET. I feel certain it's gonna work next time! In the meantime, just watching out for that pos OPK.:winkwink:

Anyway, gotta run... will reply more to everyone's posts as soon as i get a chance to get back on!:flower:

Hi all - I've been reading and stalking this thread. So sorry that things didn't work out this first time around ERosePW. :hugs: I'm not sure if you remember but we were on a thread together for a short time last fall.

I'm probably heading to IVF here shortly myself - would it be OK if I joined you ladies here?

Hi all - I've been reading and stalking this thread. So sorry that things didn't work out this first time around ERosePW. :hugs: I'm not sure if you remember but we were on a thread together for a short time last fall.

I'm probably heading to IVF here shortly myself - would it be OK if I joined you ladies here?

Yes, I do remember! Happy to see you jump on here. Its absolutely okay for you to join us, we'd love that. :) We have a great group here. Thanks for the kind words. It's been difficult, but I'm forcing myself to move forward and getting excited for my FET next cycle. :thumbup: Keep us posted on your journey!

ERose-So glad you came back! I forgot that you had company coming to visit. We missed you!!! Again..so sorry things didn't work out for you, but one thing that I love about you is that you are so resilient and always so positive. It's bound to work next time, but luckily for you, you have some frozen embies so you can do a couple go rounds before it's back to ground zero. Let's hope this one works and you have two more left for next year. :winkwink:

booger-Hey chickie! Glad you stopped by. Of course you're more than welcome to join us!

beaglemom/Kelly-What's up with you?

I start taking my Gonal-F (225IU) and Menopur (150IU) tomorrow night. I just planned a dinner out with my bestie for Friday at 6:30. I'm supposed to take my shots between 7-9. I'll tell her we have to leave the restaurant by 8:30 so I can get home in time. As much as I love dinner, I can eat all I want to once I get prego! :baby:

Not much with me. Last night of Femara, first night of follistim. We are on the road so had to do it in the car while pulled over. :) We were supposed to be in a hotel tonight but decided to drive through back to the uncles house. So maybe no bd until we get home Monday. Scan Tuesday with iui hopefully Thursday. And taking the day off again.

Being in cooperstown has brought about awesome baseball names for baby. ;)

Oh I forgot you were in Cooperstown. I think it's so strange that the hall of fame is in the country. I have driven past it, but never stopped in. I went to the football hall of fame in 2010 and that was great. I hope they have a lot of Orioles stuff in there. I know they have Cal Ripken stuff, of course.

I think bd Monday with IUI Thursday is good. A few days hold is supposedly a good thing and I hope with your short vacation all the :spermy: are rested and ready to go find those eggs! Open your eyes! They're right there!!! Hee hee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->