First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

First injections done! Check and check. Hubs was more nervous than I was, but he didn't see me doing the injections when we did IUI. He was gulping and stuff. HA!!HA!! But now it's done, and it wasn't bad at all. Two more days and then I go back for bloodwork and ultrasound.

Today is my mom's birthday, and for those that don't know, she passed away almost two years ago, so if this works out, it's my mom's special present to me and hubs!

Nice job on the injections terri! What are you doing besides menopur and gonal f? Are you doing the microdose Lupron also?

Happy Birthday to your mother. I know this is probably a rough day for you every year. :hugs: Do you normally do anything special on this day?

Still no pos opk for me, so guess I won't be O'ing early like usual when I'm not medicated. I did a little research, and as it turns out, some girls O late after a failed IVF cycle because of all the hormones leaving the body or whatever. So I'm wondering if I'll even O at all. It seems most women do, but sometimes up to a week late. We're still BDing though. Def plan on putting in a normal amount of effort, but not stressing about it at all, which is really nice.

No, right now I'm only doing Gonal F and Menopur at nighttime. Once my follicles get bigger (>14mm), I am to take Ganirelix in the mornings. And then I do the trigger when everybody is grown up (ha ha), and finally I take some oral medicines before retrieval, and then progesterone 3x a day (ugh) after transfer.

No, I didn't do anything special on my mom's birthday. My sister put up a really cute picture of her on FB, and I asked where she got that picture because I had never seen it, and she said it was a random picture in her junk room. HA!!HA!! My family is all spread out, so we each do our own thing (if anything). I'm totally going to turn into a hoarder though because I still have and will not wear the dress I wore to her funeral (she gave it to me, and it's really super cute), and the calendar that was hanging up in my front room has the date that she died circled, and I'm not moving/changing that calendar. I guess that's not too hoarder-ish. :cry:

Hi ladies!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Terri - I'm guessing it must be exciting and a little crazy to be moving to the injection stage. I think that is the thing that scares me most if we end up having to go that route. Shots are no fun. Good job on getting them done! Sorry to hear about your Mom. My dad passed away about a year and a half ago so I kind of know what you are going through. I was a Daddy's girl so there are definitely days that are harder than others. Yesterday would have been my parents 46th wedding anniversary (well, I guess it was, not would have been, something like that doesn't go away). Fingers crossed that starting on her birthday brings you some good luck. I don't think you are being hoarderish at all - my dad left a hat hanging on the railing of my sister's steps in her house and she won't move it either. I think we all have our little things that help us remember them, whatever it is. And that's totally okay!

Erin - You have such a positive attitude that is so refreshing! Having your frozen embryos must be a small relief in all of this. Having insurance is huge!! Our insurance won't cover anything - so if we end up at IVF, we'll be paying out of pocket. I guess that's the one upside to having waited a long time to start, at least we can afford to pay for it. I'm hopeful we won't have to go that route but I am also realistic that it's the likeliest scenario. Oh, and I remember reading somewhere that you are a Kentucky girl and grew up in Bowling Green, right? I grew up just up the road in Elizabethtown. Small world! Any luck with the OPKs yet??

Beagle - Your IUI is just a few short days away. Good luck!

booger-It's all for a good cause, so taking a shot that doesn't hurt, isn't the worst thing that could happen. I would still rather give myself shots than go to the girl doctor once a year. Of course...with all these ultrasounds and such, I'm getting way more comfortable, but it's still super awkward for me, and if I could give myself a shot, I'd still take that option. HA!!HA!!

Sorry to hear about your dad's passing. Yes, sometimes it is SOO hard. I don't know what I will do when my dad passes away. Hopefully he'll live to be 100 like his dad, so I still have a quarter century to talk to him. :)

So are you and your DH just going to keep trying naturally until your appointment in August and then go from there? I hope you conceive naturally without having to pay for IVF out of pocket.

Thanks, Booger.

So my follicle check is tomorrow...I feel nervous...I think because this is the last one...lot of pressure. But I think my body is ready. Having some cm as soon as I started the follistim...last dose tonight. I was actually a little nervous so I plan to take an opk later just to be sure my body is not about to ovulate...don't want to miss it!

So I had some cramping yesterday & this morning & kept forgetting to do an opk…ugh! So now I am at work without my car & really wishing I could get to the dollar tree to buy one. Anyways…I am nervous I will ovulate today or tomorrow. So I had my u/s. The reason for my cramping…follie measuring 22.8! I have never had one that big. So she told me none on the right side & 2 maybe 3 on the left. Well she left the screen up when I was getting dressed so I took a picture. My follie measurements are: Right side 10.3, 7.6, 12.3, 8.6, 9.5, & 7.3…Left side 22.8, 17.8, 17.5, & 13.7. So I do not know why she said the 3rd one was so much smaller. To me, it seems I def have 3 on the left & depending on the growth between now & IUI…maybe 1 more on each side…long shot, but could happen. So my IUI is set for Thursday. We bd last night but now I wish we had used the conceive plus. I was really only trying to refresh the boys. But we put in an effort. I still have cramping so I REALLY do not want to ovulate too soon! I am trying to stay positive about the larger follicle…hope it is healthy & ready to be fertilized! I plan to do an opk when I get home before doing my ovidrel if I can remember! Now here’s wishing for a good sperm count.

Those counts sound great beaglemom, and i will definitely keep my fingers crossed for a good sperm count on Thursday. I think you have good timing, BD last night and then a couple day hold until Thursday.

And...if you don't get an OPK, it's not the end of the world. You should be fine, especially if you trigger tonight!

Beagle - Hmmm, that's interesting what you were able to see on the screen. Maybe she said none on the right side due to their size? Meaning that even though they are there, they are still too small to actually lead to ovulation? I don't know - I'm obviously new to all of this follicle speak. But at least you have the really big and two right behind it on the left!! That sounds promising. I always forget to to do my OPKs too - maybe you can set a reminder on your phone to remind you! Good luck on Thursday!

How are the shots going, Terri?? That's good to know that they aren't painful.

DH and I are trying this cycle to conceive naturally. I should ovulate tomorrow, I think. So here's hoping this is our lucky cycle before we head to the IVF clinic. I suppose depending on this cycle goes, it could be our last natural one for awhile. We shall see.

Terri - I only want to do the opk to make sure I am NOT ovulating. If I get a positive, my large egg may release on its own.

Booger - I get why she said no on the right...they are small. But for the left, she was only counting 2. But I have the large ones & 2 at 17. I think anything over 16 is considered ready...18 is def ready. So wondering why she didn't count the other one on the left. Yeh, she left the measurements up on the screen. I took a pic & my husband said would be a great pic when I get pregnant. Too bad no pic of the eggs.

I do wish I had at least ONE on the right. Half the boys get lost in there by going to the wrong side. Would have preferred a target on each side. But I am feeling good, none the less. We are planning to stay out on Thursday as long as my body can handle it. We love the city my dr is in & do not get a lot of chances to spend the day there together since we are always rushing to & from appointments.

Ah, Beagle - I get it now. Yeah, that seems weird that she would only count the 2 bigger ones and not the third seeing as it was only a tiny bit smaller. Strange. I've still got a lot to learn about all of this! Good luck!!

Follies are sounding great beagle! FXD! And I bet you'll have a higher sperm count this time too, so you've got a lot going for ya this cycle. :thumbup:

booger, GL on your natural cycle. My DH and I are trying naturally right now too. I normally O early on an unmedicated cycle, but apparently not this cycle, because I haven't gotten a pos OPK yet, so who knows, maybe I'll O right on time. :winkwink: Yes, I did grow up in Bowling Green! How cool that you are from E-town! I met a lot of people from there growing up. Who knows how many times we may have crossed paths if you were ever visiting BG. Such a small world!

Terri, when is your estimated retrieval date? I'm so excited for you! Can't wait!!!! :thumbup: Moni, are you on vaca right now?

I had my follow-up with my RE today. She was sorry the embies didnt stick, but she also wasn't super surprised either. She said she sees it work the 2nd time frequently. She said sometimes our bodies are too full of hormones in the fresh cycle, so the uterus isn't as receptive. Apparently, my estrogen was high, even with the lowered meds, but they don't cancel an IVF cycle just for that reason. She said that could've been it, but maybe not... they never really know for sure.

Anyway, she got me really pumped up about the FET. She said the odds are in our favor now, and her prediction is that the FET will work. We'll do Lupron again, instead of BCP, because I want to get started sooner rather than later. I'll start that on cd21 of this cycle, and then after I start my next cycle, I'll start the meds to prep my lining. It's just estrogen and P. The E will be patches, and the P will be Crinone pre-filled applicators twice a day. Right now, my estimated date of transfer is Sept 4th.:thumbup:

Erin that is awesome news...I bet number 2 will bring you luck...after all, it is the number of Derek Jeter ;)

Negative opk hen I got home on clearblue & the wondfo was not even close..so I feel SO MUCH better! I think I am cramping from the follies growing. It was def tight in there when she did my u/s. Getting excited!!!

beaglemom-Phew!! So glad your OPKs were negative. You're all set to go now. Boop boop!

ERose-Your doctor is SOOO nice. Now I really have high hopes for you this time. Is the Lupron in shot form or pill form? I agree, the sooner you get started the better, and BCP will take you back to 0 and then you'll have to build up again, so the Lupron should speed things along.

Moni is in Las Vegas for her pool tournament this week. I think it's only a week, but now I can't remember. Hmm...Hope all is going great moni!!

AFM-I tried to poke myself in the lower quadrant of my stomach today and it hurt SO bad. I quickly decided to go right next to my belly button where it's fatty. Hubs said just now 'I guess I should have been here to supervise!' I agree...don't inject yourself in your lower stomach-stick to the fatty areas. hee hee. My estimated retrieval is August 5-7, with transfer 3-5 days later, so I'll be a few weeks ahead of you ERose. I'm kind of hoping it's on the 5th, but I don't have any social plans after the 1st, so it can be anytime really. My next social activity is my bestie's bday party on the 23rd. I'm so scared for the party. I'm either going to be not drinking or super sad and probably not drinking MUCH. We booked a hotel, but now I'm thinking of saving our $ since we live so close to the city. If I find out I'm prego, we are definitely not staying in a hotel. Anyway...can I get through tomorrow? :rofl: Ultrasound and bloodwork tomorrow for a progress report.

The best thing I ever did with my injections was an ice cube for numbing.

Pos opk this morning! I think I am feeling all the cramping and pressure because these follies are so much bigger than before. I am so exited for tomorrow

Yay beaglemom-Sounds so promising...

I had my ultrasound this morning and I had 7 follies on left and 7 on right. Some looked like slits, and some looked like small ovals. I still can't really decipher what is on the monitor, but that's not my job. hee hee. The doctor didn't say any sizes, but he said that my results are excellent for Day 4 of injections, so I'm hoping they don't change my medicine. I also emailed the nurse because they sent me Leuprolide, but it's not listed on my paperwork, so I'm not sure what that is for. It was only $5, so it's not the end of the world if I don't use it, but why send it, I wonder. We'll see what she says. I'm feeling really good this week. I'm just happy, not bloated and all is going well. :cloud9:

I made a delicious fish dinner last night (with artichoke hearts, olives and red peppers), and I made blueberry muffins yesterday morning for breakfast this week. Yum!

GL today beagle!! Everything sounds promising!!!

Terri, Lupron is in injection form. It's small needles though, like the ovidrel and menopur, etc. It has to be mixed prior to injecting. The Lupron will put me back to zero as well, just like BCP does. The difference is with Lupron you start on cd21 of a cycle and only do it for 10-14 days, instead of waiting until after AF and taking BCP for 2-3 weeks. So it does basically the same thing, but sooner.

I don't have any issues with those subcutaneous injections at all anymore. It's the intramuscular injections that changed the whole game for me. The P injections were NOT fun. Terri, your clinic is having you do supps instead of injections for P, right? I'll be honest... After a week of the P injections, I asked my Dr if it would hurt to switch to supps, since I'd seen other clinics doing that after IVF, and she allowed me to....crinone every 12 hours. That's what I'll be doing this time too. It's actually a pre-filled applicator, and I had to lie down for 5-10 minutes after to allow the gel to absorb well. I was kinda hoping for FET that they'd let my body O so the P would produce on its own (no intercourse), and transfer the embryos a few days later, when the uterus would be expecting them anyway. But that's not how it works, so oh well! Lol

Terri that sounds awesome. Sometimes I am confused by the monitor as well. I don't know if you ever watched Friends. But when Rachel was pregnant she went to the ultrasound & the doctor showed her the baby & she was like oh I see it. Then she left & Rachel started crying. Ross asked what was wrong & she said I don't see it! So funny. Once I get my brain straight as to what dark means & what light means, I can usually decifer the follicles. This last time I could clearly see the big one in there!

This is so exciting for you. I hope Moni is doing well...I can't remember her IVF timeline. Erin is sure to have great results from her FET. I feel good about my IUI...just want a really good count. Good meaning decent :) I would love 9 million like my first IUI. Crossing fingers. I have instructed my husband to drink lots of water. I am trying to do the same. I feel like everyone in our little thread will be all set for some Spring/early Summer babies! EXCITING!

Erin that P stuff is making me nervous if I need IVF. Everyone says the shots are awful. I have another girl on the threads using some form of gel...not sure if the same as you...and she said it was bad. Said it coated the inside & she would have to clear it out every other day or so in the shower. Sounds awful. I hope that is not the same thing you are on.

IUI is set for tomorrow. I am making my list of things to bring for the waiting room as well as list of things I want to look for while shopping. I hope my body lasts long enough! If not, I have the important places marked first!

Oh & a pillow & blanket for the car ride home. I have a feeling I will be sleeping. I fell asleep on the couch last night right after my trigger! So I think I slept about 10 or 11 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->