First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Hi all!

Love the puppy pics (I call all dogs puppies...) Living in NYC we do not have a dog, but I grew up with one. We do have our cats though and cant imagine life without them.

Sars - glad you decided to move forward!! FXed for you!

Weezy - glad you were able to talk to someone for more answers. sounds like it is working out.

Lady - soryabout the delay.

Terri - enjoy your trip!! Hope the talk went well.

Erin - scan today?!?! I think?

AFM - Finally good after the wax - took a good 5 days to get over it this time...now I know what to expect though! It has been cold!! The cold makes me cough (diagnosed as a form of asthma) but I sound like I have the plague and am dying - I think I bruised a rib on my left side though, because it hurts whenever I try to lie on that side (of course the side that is recommended to sleep on). Otherwise, things are going well. Feeling more optimistic about things again. I know hubby is going to make a wonderful dad - he is great with his niece and nephew - it is just the hormones messing with my head every once in a while!

Anyways - who is next on the schedule??

Happy Friday ladies!! Snowing here in NYC and I'm not sorry that I like it!

Terri I know how you feel. Dh comes from a family that never addresses ANYTHING. It's the main reason one of their brothers keeps making colossal mistakes in his life and no one talks to him about it. Everything gets swept under the rug. Dh waits until he's about to burst to talk about something and by then he's so worked up he boils over instead of letting air out of the balloon gradually and addressing things as they come up. Communication is paramount and the kind of communication is also key. Dh gets defensive anytime I am upset about something he has done. I wait until I cool down and try and make him see how I feel...and he usually thanks me b/c he can't read my mind. I have also come to realize that women are better at doing things we don't want to do when we don't want to do them...men not so much. Dh has his own list of things he wants to do on weekends, errands and projects...I will say that he has gotten better about asking me if I need anything from the stores he would be going to, but the food shopping! LOL!!! He would come back with beer, 7 kinds of sugary juices, Italian ices, Jiffy Pop and mac-n-cheese. But heaven help me if I am sick as a dog and he has to take care of Jack and his lists of things to do gets postponed. Out come the cranky pants.

What's everyone up to for the w/e?

I think knitgirl is next...I start estrogen this weekend.

I do most of the things so the household survives. Paying bills, groceries. Sometimes my husband comes with me...but I don't nee him. He on the other hand can barely buy more than milk without calling me. But he is meant to do the things to keep the house from falling apart...the lawn, fixing things. We both share in cleaning. Funny story...I came home the other day & my husband REARRANGED the living room...like totally. He put our tv stand in front of the fireplace...like really who does that? So now my plans this weekend is to find a new bookshelf or some floating selves to put our playstation on so we can mount the tv above the fireplace & get rid of the stand. It is hard to get angry, but part of me is likewhy take on a new project when 2 bedrooms have no quarter round ater putting down flooring & the oon to be baby room has no floor right now. God love him. I think everything will look good but wasn't planning on spending money on a project like that. Oh well.

Other than that, no wekend plans for me. When my husband works, weekends are usually me washing sheets & catching up on relaxation...sometimes some grocery shopping. I am going to look for shelving at lunch so I don't have to do it this weekend.

Fx today Erin!!!

Not much planned for the weekend. Meeting some friends for brunch on Sunday but that's about it. Will probably clean/organize my disgusting house though.

Have a great weekend all!

So my husband just told me 2 new stores are opening...so he is signing up next week when they show up on the system. Last time he was beat out by someone above him on the ladder. His market manager said otherwise it would be his. Problem is now that manager is not over these stores...but he can still put in a good word. He has 2 shots. Cross fingers for us, guys! That will def make me feel better about our debt!

Hi ladies, quick check-in before I have to get back to work!

The scan went great! The baby is measuring a little bit ahead of schedule, and the heartbeat was nice and strong! I got really choked up. She showed us our little peanut, and then we heard the heartbeat and saw the flickering! It was wild how much of a relief it was to see and hear everything. I think that's why I got so choked up.

And, we did let them tell us the gender. Feels so weird to know already! When we were sitting there waiting for her to look it up in my file, my DH was like "Its gonna be a boy, I just know it". And I was feeling like it was going to be a girl. So the nurse was like "Ok, looks like your husband is right. It's a boy!" HA! I have to admit, I was a little surprised!

So anyway, we are so happy and relieved and about a hundred other things. Haha.

I'll have to check back in later so that I can respond to everyone!! :flower:

Transfer done!!!! Everything went great. We only transfered one. I am over the moon, IT'S A GIRL!! Praying she sticks and grows!!

Erin can't wait for your update!

Transfer done!!!! Everything went great. We only transfered one. I am over the moon, IT'S A GIRL!! Praying she sticks and grows!!

Erin can't wait for your update!

OMG jkb!! How exciting! I saw your post right after I posted, and I had to respond really quick. I didnt realize you were going to find out the gender today too, how fun!!! :thumbup: I feel super good about this for you, Hun!!

Yay Erin! We must have posted at the same time! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait til I'm at your point! You need a ticker, how far along are you?

Ha! We keep posting at the same time. Thanks so much! I'm staying optimistic! When the dr was telling us the sex she said its xx my husband didn't know the difference so I was able to process my self then watch his reaction when she followed with that means it's a girl. He has wanted a daughter for years!! And I'm a very girlie girl so I need pink and bows:)

jkb & Erin - so awesome for both of you! I am DEF finding out now...Iplanned to anyways, but with ou uys doing it, how could I resist? Good luck jkb...I am coming in behind you as fast as I can...it doesn't feel fast enough though. In good time.

I was at Target today & found a maternity dress for $12 I went ahead & bought...sadly I could wear it now :(...but it seems to just be stretchy not really huge. And I got a halloween sleeper for new born. I never buy new born stuff because I am afraid it will be too small...but this was really cheap & if (WHEN!) my FET works, I expect I will be due around Oct 15.

Yay Erin - I was going to ask when are you going to change your status - but you did!! So happy for you!

JKB - yay for the transfer - when is your test date? Come on little girl grow!!!

oh and I still get choked up at every scan...the whole process is so amazing!!

Ha! We keep posting at the same time. Thanks so much! I'm staying optimistic! When the dr was telling us the sex she said its xx my husband didn't know the difference so I was able to process my self then watch his reaction when she followed with that means it's a girl. He has wanted a daughter for years!! And I'm a very girlie girl so I need pink and bows:)

I told my husband we need a girl because there is too much testosterone in my life...our pets are even...2 boy dogs, 1 girl dog, 2 girl cats, 1 boy cat...but I am in an office with 3 men.

Thanks girls!! Beta hcg on jan 23. I will star peeing on a stick on Tuesday! But I know Erin was super lucky to have such a great line 4 days post transfer. Beagle I'm gonna be right there with you buying stuff especially now that I know the gender!

So my dr made the comment I have a 50 % chance of the transfer working but if I remember correctly doesn't having PGS increase the odds to like 60%?

Congrats JKB! I lost track that today was your day. Aww - a little girl. :) Congrats on a successful transfer.

Erin - Yaaaaaaaaaaaay for a great scan! And a BOY! :) Congratulations. I'm the same way - totally get choked up. How could you not after all we've been through, right?

Thanks girls!! Beta hcg on jan 23. I will star peeing on a stick on Tuesday! But I know Erin was super lucky to have such a great line 4 days post transfer. Beagle I'm gonna be right there with you buying stuff especially now that I know the gender!

So my dr made the comment I have a 50 % chance of the transfer working but if I remember correctly doesn't having PGS increase the odds to like 60%?

My info pamplet on PGS says IVF 50%, pgs raises odds to 70%. But my dr has never specifically given me odds. Don't worry about that anyways.

My original plan was to test daily during IVF fresh...to test out trigger & then see my 2 lines. I had a calendar & everything. I was going to keep the tests taped on it to have always. Well that plan was out once my transferred cancelled. So I don't know what I will do this time. Oh, I didn't realize, but my paperwork says my embryos are a 6 day transfer.

I am just so excited for both of you!!!

Hooray, Erin!!!! That is awesome!!! I am so happy for you!

Jkb - congrats to you to! My RE told us it is close to 70% chance of being successful with a transfer of PGS normal embryo. I hope that's true. It seems like it should be pretty close based on all the Internet research I have done too. So excited for you!!

LadySosa - did your medications get straightened out and arrive??? Good luck with your first injections tonight!!

It's getting exciting on this thread again!

We don't have any exciting plans this weekend. We're both off today so we took down the outside Christmas lights and I have been straightening the house. We have a retirement party to go to tomorrow. We might go skiing at some point too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->