First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Woohoo Beagle!!!! I have a great feeling about this!

Erin I am so glad you're feeling better. Thyroids can be tricky. I am very sensitive to any fluctuation. I hope it continues to regulate and you will by symptom free.

I am so excited for the next round of bfps!!!

Hiya!

Ladysosa I always find the differences funny too! Am I the only British one on this thread? I did live in nh, USA for a year so I came home calling the bath a tub!! Hope the next month flies by for you!!

Thanks erose! And congrats on your pregnancy!! Glad you are feeling better. Yes fresh transfer, assuming I get enough eggs as I've got v low amh. This is my first time for any fertility treatment.

I hope today went well Sars! Sounds like you had plenty of eggs to get some great quality ones. Are you freezing the rest? Lots of rest now!

Babyw - feeling babies movements is so magical isn't it, exciting! I have a slow cooker and I love it!! I do stews, casseroles, chilli or bolognaise, risotto, butternut squash macaroni cheese! Yum.

Glad it went well beagle! Love the outfits!! Fingers crossed for you.

3 days till my nurse appointment to learn what drugs ill be on and about 2 weeks till I start stimming!! Can't wait!!

Terri, I'd say you're succeeding at being fabulous!

I was so annoyed with the embryologist. I said no one called me yesterday and she said we don't usually check them on day 4. My nurse had told me she would call me with an update Wednesday, I didn't make it up. She seemed hesitant to give me a solid number without my RE having looked at them today. That seemed odd because I'm like umm...aren't you the embryologist? I'm prepared that it is highly, highly unlikely that all 18 got to day 5. I just am hoping for a few to freeze. So, FX.

Booger, you're definitely less of a wuss than I am!

LadySosa: I used Ganirellix as well and the PIO needle is definitely way thicker for the olive oil. I think I want to tell the hubs to stop warning me to. I'd almost rather be surprised. The anticipation is killer.

BabyW: I love my slow cooker. I second getting a programmable one. It makes things so simple.

Okay guys...we are all done!

Our embryologist confused us...first her said one gender...then another. I hope he was right! We do have one of each though!!!

Transfer was easy...after we were up & out. I was surprised we didn't lay there just a minute. I was also never really told the grade of my embryos...but maybe that is a good thing. I think since they survived PGS, freezing, & thawing then they are pretty strong.

We went to a few stores...Target & Sears for clearance. And Trader Joe's for some Brazilian nuts. And we hit McAlister's Deli for dessert & tea (the BEST tea!). Then home. My appointment was at 9:30 & we got home about 1. So I think I took it pretty easy. We are home with Netflix, dogs, & a blanket now. I am sure my husband is prepared to wait on me hand & foot!

I will have my BETA Feb 9th. I have an order to do it locally. I think I am more nervous now that it is over. But I am going to try to stay positive. May start home testing on Monday...still unsure.

Here are some pics for you guys from our visit & shopping. I think you can see for yourselves the gender :)

Congrats Beagle! A boy!!! How exciting. :happydance: I'm glad it went so well. So awesome that you have a little lady waiting in the wings too!

beagle, YAY!! I'm loving this, and how exciting it's a boy!! :happydance: Your pics are super cute, I'm so glad you shared those. You have me wanting to snap a pic of the ONLY baby items I've bought so far. I got a pack of Quiksilver onesies in all boy colors. My DH is one of those that wears almost all Quiksilver, Hurley, Billabong, etc (like a Florida surf bum or something). So I saw those and knew he'd love them for his boy. :)

babyW, how cute that you're feeling her moving around in there, I love that! Can't wait for that day. :)

Mrs W, with all those delicious foods you just listed out, i think I'll start using my crockpot more! My husband actually cooks more than I do, and we never think to pull out the crockpot, but I think I will now. :)

sars, I feel certain you'll have a few to freeze!

Congrats Beagle!!!

Erin - happy you're feeling better.

kfs1-How are you doing? 14 weeks..time is seriously flying by. Your baby will be here in no time. Have you had any real symptoms yet? I hope not and everything is just moving along nicely. <3 Also, when is your next appointment? I have to live vicariously through you guys. Tasty food and going to the theater isn't enough!

Transfer went great.

They made up for the lack of information by showing me photos of every embie from Day 1 to today. We froze 7!!! Super excited about that. My RE told me it was exceptional and the quality of them all were usually only seen with donor eggs. I said I wasn't ready for a new line of work. haha.

My clinic uses SART guidelines with good being the best in several categories and the one we transferred was good in all of them. She told me we are understandably going to be nervous in the coming days but she thought we had many reasons to be very positive.

My beta is next Friday! And my nurse gave me new shorter needles for the PIO. I'm very petite so she said she thought I didn't need as long a needle.

So, we're super excited and relieved. It was pretty emotional when it was all done. And then I had an hour to stare at the ceiling.

Attachments

• embie.jpg
    embie.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 12
That's greats Sars! I was never told any specifics on my embryos...I assume good since survived PGS, freeze, & thaw. Your beta is before mine! So jealous!!! :)

Congrats girls!!! So glad both of your transfers went great. Yay for one of each beagle how perfect!

jkb-Where are you babe and what's going on?

Sars-Glad everything went well yesterday and I'm really pleased that you had seven to freeze. Awesome news.

Beagle-Enjoy your weekend!

ERose-I can't remember if I told you, but I'm glad you're feeling better and your thyroid is back to where it should be. What a relief.

ladysosa - That's great that the lupron is negatively affecting you. I haven't had to take it but I know it's definitely bad for some people. One month - woohoo!

booger/ladysosa - I remember my trigger shot was on the later side and I was so nervous I was going to fall asleep and not wake up. I think I set 2 alarms. :)

Sars - congrats on the successful transfer! I was always on crinone - no PIO shots for me. And yes, the crinone is grooooss. :)

Beagle - congrats again. Love the pics.

Terri - Aww. Thanks for asking. I don't have much to report. No morning sickness, no sore boobs, not much going on. I have been tired and have also felt some pains, almost like a stretching, but it's off and on - not constant. My next appt. is mid-February but it's just for bloods and then my next scan is early March. I do hope to hear the results of my maternity21 test soon, though.

Good morning, ladies!

I am exhausted today - no sure why but I am draaaaaaggggging. :coffee:

kfs - It's nice to hear that you have had such a smooth pregnancy so far! I hope that's what I get, too. :haha: Your test results should be in any day now, no? I so hope that baby passes with flying colors.

terri - Are you ready for your party???

Beagle - I hope that pinching is a good sign too. I think Erin said she had the same thing this last transfer. Fingers crossed!

Sars - Congrats on the 7 frosties!! :cold: That's great.

Erin - Hooray for feeling so much better! :happydance:

Mrs W - It's so nice after you have you appointment and you know more about exactly which drugs and protocol you'll be on. Then you can really start researching things and have a better idea of what to expect. Only 2 more days to go!

Hello to babywhisperer, Amy, Jen, jkb, knitgirl, moni, LadySosa and brighteyez!!! How are you guys doing?

No real plans for the weekend. Not sure where we will watch the game. Go Seahawks!!

Kfs - are you showing yet? I'm not sure at what point you start showing, but I would think at 14 weeks you'd start seeing a little bump. :) Glad you're not having any symptoms!

Sars - WOW girl! 7 is great! You ready for 8 kids?? Hehe. You must feel so happy that they are all great quality too. This will be a strong baby! Can't wait to hear the beta results next week.

Beagle - I bet it is your little embie burrowing into your lining! Get comfy little one!

I don't think I'm taking crinone or PIO... Could that be right?? According to my calendar next up is estrace orally and edometrin vaginally (maybe endometrin is the same as crinone?)....

I asked my nurse about some travel plans tentatively scheduled for late March, she said, "we usually like to do a scan if you get pregnant, that would be at six weeks, so March 26." I was like....my transfer is March 3...that math doesn't quite add up.... unless the frozen embies are already considered a few weeks along?? Or did she just get it wrong, anyone know? She takes like 3 days to respond to my emails. Argh.

In other news, we are renovating our master bathroom. Before we sell/move, we want to get this done. Right now, our floors are a dingy cream-colored vinyl, dingy laminate counters, BLEH. It's horrible. We've been wanting to re-do the bathroom ever since we moved in 2 years ago. I attached a pic of what the bathroom looked like when we moved in - EGGPLANT purple. We at least got rid of the ugly purple, and that helped a little, but it's still ugmo. When we're all done I'll post a pic of the finished product. :) [cant figure out how to attach, will attach in next post] Last night we were shopping around looking at tile, vanities, etc. Tonight we have a guy coming to measure/price it out for us. I'm so excited!! I get to pick all the colors, accessories, etc. Whee!

It's nice to have something like this to take my mind off of the wait for IVF. :)

LadySosa, now that is quite the bathroom color! Yay for renovations. It is so fun picking that stuff out. I'd love to flip houses. My hubs thinks I'm insane but I love real estate. When are you hoping to move?
My mom keeps teasing me I'm going to need a bigger house for all these kids. Honestly, it feels like a nice security blanket since we have no insurance coverage. If I get pregnant this cycle we will be refunded half of our money, a nice chunk towards our next down payment.
Thanks for all the well wishes!
Terri you cooking up a storm yet?
We don't have much planned this weekend. Cleaning up the house for our realtor to take photos and house hunting. Will definitely be rooting for the Seahawks.

Congrats on your transfer Sars930. And YAY for 7 frosties!! That's great!!

LadySosa - YAY have fun renovating!! I love watching HGTV and DIY channels! Although other than changing our interior paint, we haven't had to do anything major yet. I'm excited for that day to come though lol.

LadySosa - endometrin is your progesterone. I was supposed to use that but my fresh cycle was cancelled & they would only let me use crinone or the shots...so I am using crinone.

Also that timing is about right...your embryo is about 5/6 days old when it is transferred.

I had a huge breakfast then we went out today for a little while. Now I am back home in pjs. My husband is cleaning & won't let me help...so I am set up on the couch. We got a few more clearance items at Babies R Us since we know it is a boy. I think my husband might go nuts soon wanting to buy sports stuff. He would have reacted the same way if it were a girl. This pregnancy is going to be fun! I also found some necessities on clearance at Walmart. Bottles, dish rack, pacifiers. I don't know what kind of bottles I want to use, so being able to find different brands to try on clearance is good.

Tomorrow we are headed 2 hours to Wilmington NC. A typical road trip for us with plenty of stopping on the way. For anyone who likes day trips or stopping on road trips, I recommend www.roadsideamerica.com. Lots of neat things to see. Some are really odd...but fun. You an even find stuff near your home town.

Thanks Beagle. You guys are so knowledgeable about this stuff! I feel like I just do whatever they tell me to do, but I have no idea what purpose each injection serves or what it means. People always ask me questions like, "What does that medication do? What is the trigger? Why do you have to do both injections?" I'm like, "I have no idea. I just do what they tell me to do and I trust that eventually I'll be pregnant." Haha.

Sars - I didn't know you were house hunting! I LOVE house hunting, but after looking at a few I get exhausted. Or maybe it's my zany real estate agent that exhausts me. We are not too serious about moving yet, we always say that when we find the right house, we will move. We have a great house- it's big with nice updates (save for the bathrooms) and awesome neighbors. We've put a lot of work into our yard and emotionally I don't know if I'd be ready to move for just any house. I cringe to imagine some other family moving in and changing things around! That said, if we could get a nice lake house with a ginormous walk-in closet and bigger master bathroom, I would list that sucker in a heartbeat! haha. In the meantime, renovations are a good investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->