First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Looks like we have two transfers today! beagle and sars! GL girls, can't wait for updates! :thumbup:

jkb and knit, i've moved you both to the Successes section. :happydance: I dont have exact transfer dates listed for everyone... some just have the month listed, but if I missed your date in a post or if I have it incorrect, let me know and i'll fix it. I'm sure not everyone knows their exact date yet anyway. Amy, I did see yours, so it is updated to Feb 24.:flower:

terri, i have your status as "Hangin out and being fabulous for now". Because you are so fabulous. :winkwink:

Mrs W, I dont think I welcomed you yet! So... welcome to the thread! Glad you could join us! I've added you to the front page, and i think I put February for your transfer, assuming you are doing a fresh transfer and not waiting to do a FET...?

Ladysosa, I'm glad the Lupron is going well! I felt like it was one of the easiest injections too. Mine was a morning dose, and once I even had to turn around on my way to work to go back home and do it!

Amy, you definitely did good holding out until 9dpt last time! I just wasn't quite that strong, haha. I thought I was being absolutely ridiculous testing at 4dpt, so you can imagine my surprise when there was a faint line there!

Hi to everyone!! Hope the prego ladies are feeling good!:flower:

I feel SO much better. Unreal how much improvement in only 2 days! Yesterday, my OB said as the hcg finishes peaking and then levels out, the thyroid usually does too. My heart hasn't been pounding the last two days, my legs and arms don't feel weak anymore, I dont feel constantly anxious and jittery. He took blood to test it again and see where its at now, but I bet it will come back close to normal. I can't believe how normal I feel today!

Beagle, hope everything went well for you this morning! I know this has been a long time coming.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. I'm tentatively penciled in for 4 p.m. So, FX my RE gets done with her surgery and we aren't waiting forever. I actually had to call this morning and there was a lot of confusion as to why no one contacted me. They kept apologizing and I'm just I want to know how the embies are dammit. haha.

I did speak with the embryologist, who told me she was really happy with how my cycle is going and that there are several really good ones. She said they'd definitely be freezing some of them today. We'll get a count when we come in this afternoon, she said. When I asked if all 18 were still there, she said they were but they probably all didn't make it to blastocyst. So, I don't WTH that means.

I think I'll be testing early because I'd prefer to get bad news at home. And I think it will give me an illusion of self-control.

Booger or LadySosa: Is the Lupron a really fine needle? None of the other shots really bothered me but the P shots definitely hurt. My nurse said if I got pregnant after a few weeks they'd test my levels and see if I can stop supplementing with it.

Pregnant ladies how long did you stay on the progesterone?

I can't really believe my transfer is here.

Hi sars! I know, those PIO shots suck. I had to use those at first, but DH and I hated them so much (that was the only shot DH had to do for me), that I ended up asking my RE if I could switch to Crinone. I felt like such a wuss asking, but she didn't act like it was a problem at all. I switched to it a couple days after transfer (during my fresh cycle), and used it for my FET as well. I hate the Crinone because its nasty and really kills the mood for BDing purposes! PIO is def more convenient in that there's no mess. But I'll take that over the PIO needle. As for how long, I'm still using it at 10 weeks, but I think I'm done in a week or two.

Well, fabulous Terri is halfway late to the party.

Beagle-Hope all went well today! You are a shopaholic and I agree with booger, you can do my shopping when it's time.

Sars-Good luck today. All you need is one, so when you get the results today, don't be too upset that all 18 didn't make it. I don't understand how they are so wishy washy. Here's an idea. Go look while you put me on hold and then report back. Duh! I'll be frustrated for you because you need to remain calm. hee hee. Hope all goes well and don't drink TOO much water so that you pee on the docs. Just have a semi-full bladder and you'll be fine.

ERose/booger-Thank you. I am trying to remain fabulous. I think the way I type stuff sounds way more exciting than it is. hee hee. I've had season tix to the theater for 9 years now. It gives me something to do, and then I can add on a dinner date with the three of my friends that rotate as my dates. Hubs goes sometimes, but it's not really his thing, and I don't mind. He did go see Annie. And..now that I'm married, I have really been enjoying cooking a lot more. Before I would cook something and then have to eat it for a week straight so it wasn't really fun. Now at least I can watch someone else's reaction when they eat it.

Speaking of eating..it's lunchtime. More later!

SARS - Lupron uses an insulin syringe so it's super small and easy. My trigger shot used the same size needle as my PIO shots will. That one didn't hurt me but I know the oil is thicker so maybe that has something to do with it. Also, I have a big booty so I'm guessing there's just more cushioning on me than you guys. :haha:

Erin, so glad you're feeling normal now! Can you edit me on the first page? I'm FET (not fresh) and my transfer date is March 3. :)

SARS - For me the Lupron is a bigger needle than the follistim and menopur. I used Ganirelix, and I feel like the Lupron and Ganirelix use about the same size needle. Not huge, but its something that I can't do myself. I made a few attempts and I wasn't able to pierce the skin (I was being a wuss), so my hubby does it for me. He doesn't mind plunging that thing into my belly while I look away. :) At first he counted: "ok, oone..twoo...threee...!" I was like, no. Please do not count. Just do it. Haha. Bless his heart, he's such a trooper, dealing with me being such a b.

Good luck Sars! I did the PIO shots and had a couple of bruises and soreness and bled a bit a few times but funny enough the bleeders didn't hyrt. I think dh didn't pull out the needle straight or hit a capillary. I did it up to 8 week then did a week of Endometrin to avoid ordering more PIO and it was fine. I was very happy to be done with the shots. It does go by fast as you're waiting for bfps and ultrasounds though. It's really not as bad as it sounds.

Afm, nothing much to report other than feeling her fluttering here and there when I am laying still at night. I have some round ligament pain here and there but not bad. Still fighting fatigue and the chills when really tired at night. I'm thinking of buying a slow cooker to set while the Nanny is there which would save me a lot of time at night when I get home...no chopping or cooking, it would essentially be ready. I find it hard when I get home at 6 to feed Jack dinner while cooking b/c he's hungry and if I feed him then give him a bath and bottle I don't get started with dinner until 7:30 and eating after 8pm is awful if I need to be in bed before 9:30. Does anyone use a slow cooker? Any healthy recipes that you love?

Beagle and sars- can't wait for your updates:)

The PIO shots I have been tolerating pretty well until about 4 days ago. It seems the oil is just so built up and my bum is so sore. I've tried massaging, mild intermittent heat and utilizing the muscle but ouch! Oh well. I don't have very big booty so maybe that does make a difference. it's just temporary, so I will make due.

Babywhisperer - I use my crock pot ALL the time. I love it. Even if I'm just making tacos or something, I'll cook the meat in the CP and it shreds so easily at the end of the day. I bought a slow cooker recipe book but you can also find tons of recipes online.

babywhisperer - I'm with the other Amy, I love my Crockpot(s). In fact, I have 3 of them. I have my grandmother's old classic one (and it's actually my favorite one) and then two newer ones that are bigger. One is programmable and I would suggest getting a programmable one if you can. DH actually got me a slow cooker cookbook for Christmas - so far it's been pretty good. It's called "Slow Cooker Revolution". I think I've made 4 or 5 different recipes from it but myrecipes.com or any Google or Pinterest search will bring up a million different recipes too.

Hi sars! I know, those PIO shots suck. I had to use those at first, but DH and I hated them so much (that was the only shot DH had to do for me), that I ended up asking my RE if I could switch to Crinone. I felt like such a wuss asking, but she didn't act like it was a problem at all. I switched to it a couple days after transfer (during my fresh cycle), and used it for my FET as well. I hate the Crinone because its nasty and really kills the mood for BDing purposes! PIO is def more convenient in that there's no mess. But I'll take that over the PIO needle. As for how long, I'm still using it at 10 weeks, but I think I'm done in a week or two.

Knowing that downside of Crinone, I'm going to try to stick it out as long as possible. But damn I'm already really sore after two days. It's nice to know if it gets to be too much there is another option. This is the only shot my husband's done and he's doing it great but I don't think there's any way it won't hurt.

I have to say I am not having the same effects with the crinone. I don't mind it. But my dr did say today she was clearing it out of there for transfer. But I don't notice anything.

Update coming...

Okay guys...we are all done!

Our embryologist confused us...first her said one gender...then another. I hope he was right! We do have one of each though!!!

Transfer was easy...after we were up & out. I was surprised we didn't lay there just a minute. I was also never really told the grade of my embryos...but maybe that is a good thing. I think since they survived PGS, freezing, & thawing then they are pretty strong.

We went to a few stores...Target & Sears for clearance. And Trader Joe's for some Brazilian nuts. And we hit McAlister's Deli for dessert & tea (the BEST tea!). Then home. My appointment was at 9:30 & we got home about 1. So I think I took it pretty easy. We are home with Netflix, dogs, & a blanket now. I am sure my husband is prepared to wait on me hand & foot!

I will have my BETA Feb 9th. I have an order to do it locally. I think I am more nervous now that it is over. But I am going to try to stay positive. May start home testing on Monday...still unsure.

Here are some pics for you guys from our visit & shopping. I think you can see for yourselves the gender :)

Attachments

• Main, S. #5 PGS D6 FET 012915.jpg
    Main, S. #5 PGS D6 FET 012915.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 26
  • ess1422554603480.jpg
    ess1422554603480.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 20150129_130233.jpg
    20150129_130233.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 27
Congratulations beagle!! You're PUPO and loving it. I can't wait until the 9th so I'm glad you're testing early. hee hee. If you do your beta locally, are you then supposed to go back to the fertility center, or can you start going to a regular OB? I know I'm getting ahead of everything, but I'm just so positive you be finding out that all is well in a week and a half. Woop woop!! I can't believe this day is finally here. Did you cry?

Congratulations beagle!! You're PUPO and loving it. I can't wait until the 9th so I'm glad you're testing early. hee hee. If you do your beta locally, are you then supposed to go back to the fertility center, or can you start going to a regular OB? I know I'm getting ahead of everything, but I'm just so positive you be finding out that all is well in a week and a half. Woop woop!! I can't believe this day is finally here. Did you cry?

I did not cry but my husband may have been really emotional. He had his hand on my shoulder...I think he thought I was in pain...then he reached for my hand. I was just so amazed by everything.

I am just going to a local LabCorp for the blood work so I am not driving all that way just for a blood draw.

Oh & my sister who is in Towson went to Annie last night...my 6 yr old nephew was wearing a bow tie!

I didn't know your sister was in Towson. She's right around the corner from my work. Cool! I bet your nephew looked adorable.

I didn't know your sister was in Towson. She's right around the corner from my work. Cool! I bet your nephew looked adorable.

Yep...they have been up there a while. She moved with a boyfriend. She was in Charleston for a bit but went back. My mom's family is NC & my dad VA. She is not with the guy anymore but just liked it up there. She used to do fund raising for the Baltimore Library. She is at another non-profit now...not sure which. We like it when we visit. Husband has family in York & we like it there too. But when the winter hits, we are glad to be south!

YAY BEAGLEMOM!!! Congrats on being PUPO!! YAY A BOY!! So precious and I'm so happy for you!! (So the majority of us were right about the boy hee hee)!!

Yayy! Congrats Beagle! You are PUPO! And yay for a little baby boy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->