First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yipee: That for sure is a BFP!! So happy for you!!!

Terri - I'm so excited you're giving it another try. And yes I'm glad you want to suck your insurance dry hee hee. I'm a little confused about the cyst. So are you not sure there is a cyst and are just basing it off that fact that AF hasn't arrived? I thought there were lots of reasons why AF doesn't show up? Stress, hormones, illness etc. I know that they have a medication to force AF to start that they give woman who don't have regular cycles and need to start IVF.

Booger76 - I hope the synthroid helps me feel better too. I've been feeling run down lately but I really think it has to due to the pneumonia. Even though I got over the worst part, I was told it can take 4 weeks for the fatigue and cough to go away completely. And I've got to say that's been true so far. I really feel it if I over do myself.

kfs1 - The estrace is my estrogen (I also started the estrogen patch) and I will have to be on it until I (hopefully) get pregnant. I add in the progesterone on the 19th, transfer on the 24th.

beaglemom - I think you posted the link for this for someone else a while back... so don't forget, it is very common to not see a positive until 9dpt. According to this, HCG production hasn't necessarily started yet.

For 5 DT:
1dpt... Blastocyst hatches out of shell
2dpt... Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt... Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt... Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt... Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt…Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt…HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

I know that topic of the IVF guarantee thingy has come up a few times on this thread. Our RE offered it as well. It was something we discussed but ultimately decided against because of the cost. So something I learned recently was that the guarantee was for achieving pregnancy. Not a live birth. So in my case where I had a miscarriage, the guarantee of pregnancy would have been fulfilled and the contract complete. That is definitely something I never thought about. I guess it's all in the fine print. Glad we decided against it.

Sars - awesome test! Def a good positive. I hope your beta is nice & high on Friday!

The guarantys usually are for a certain length of pregnancy they consider a true pregnancy. I think usually no less than 8 weeks. I never asked my dr about it. But when discussing with my finance lady she said look if she thought you needed it, she would push it on you. Basically saying go with the one cycle.

Thanks, Amy. I know I just need a couple more days. Hoping for good things to come. I keep telling myself we did everything right...no reason for it to fail! I think I may do a test tonight. I have a whole box of cheap tests I had planned to use for my fresh cycle but never did.

Ooh Amy, I never thought about the guarantee that way. Scary mama. Glad you guys decided not to do it, as they'd be rich off of you after one try. Someone was looking out for you.

I don't know why AF isn't here, obviously. Who knows? I'll be going in for bloodwork and u/s next week to find out.

sars-Huge congrats!! Can't wait to hear those numbers on Friday. Yeah!

beagle-I know you are getting excited because sars had a positive, but just remain calm and test when you're ready. Not everyone is the same, and BFPs dont' always come up the same, so just relax and keep those tootsies warm. :hugs:

brighteyez-Yeah, it's time to start up again. Enough of this waiting in the wings, BS! hee hee.

sars, YAY!!! :happydance: What great news to see when I jumped on! So happy!

beagle, you're definitely still fine, and I'm sure you're gonna see a positive very soon. When I did my last FET, I found a forum on BabyCenter where a girl ran a poll to find out when girls got their BFPs and when they first started testing. There were TONS who were testing every day and didn't get their BFPs until 6, 7, and 8dpt. Your cramping is a really good sign too. I bet your uterus can sense the "invader" and is letting him snuggle in deep.:winkwink: That's how i always visualize cramping after a transfer.

BabyW, I'm glad you are feeling pretty good! I know that nausea and the chills was just about kicking your butt for a while.

jkb, I'm looking so forward to hearing your scan results tomorrow, wuhu!! I know you are SO ready for that!

terri, so sorry about AF not showing! How frustrating! You are so right... she comes when we don't want her to, and she's incognito when we need her, urg! I hear ya' on the silly insurance people too... I used to call to ask one question, and before they'd answer the question, they'd state what my fertility benefits were, and half the time I'd have to correct them. I'd be thinking, how can you not know that when it MUST be right in front of you on a computer screen??

kfs, i'm assuming you're feeling pretty good still, right? (aside from feeling like a sloth, hehe!).

LadySosa, I have a tiny bump, but sadly, I don't think it's baby, LOL. I get crazy bloated some days and DH thinks I'm already showing. Maybe I should just start pretending that's what it is, haha! I'm a tiny person, so bloat tends to REALLY stand out on me.

Amy, wow, I didnt even think about that part of the "guarantee". Yikes. So if you had done that and paid all that money, you would just be out that much money? Whew.

Sars - awesome test! Def a good positive. I hope your beta is nice & high on Friday!

The guarantys usually are for a certain length of pregnancy they consider a true pregnancy. I think usually no less than 8 weeks. I never asked my dr about it. But when discussing with my finance lady she said look if she thought you needed it, she would push it on you. Basically saying go with the one cycle.

Thanks, Amy. I know I just need a couple more days. Hoping for good things to come. I keep telling myself we did everything right...no reason for it to fail! I think I may do a test tonight. I have a whole box of cheap tests I had planned to use for my fresh cycle but never did.

Thanks Beagle! I wanted to let you know I've only gotten the positive on the FRER. My test trips were negative, except for one that had a real squinter. And my embryo was hatching when they transferred it. I still have a good feeling for you! It is still super early.

Thanks Beagle! I wanted to let you know I've only gotten the positive on the FRER. My test trips were negative, except for one that had a real squinter. And my embryo was hatching when they transferred it. I still have a good feeling for you! It is still super early.

I was thinking maybe that was the case...the cheap tests. But I do not want to waste my only frer. Maybe I will use it in the AM. I still have 2 clue blues & the cheapo equate brand I just bought. I have yet to bring out the big guns.

Yay Sars!!

Terri March is your month! Hope the "cyst" resolves. My cycles became so wonky after starting all the fertility treatments, it jus added to the mind games we have to go through. My cysts - but they always resolved on their own.

Beagle - still early - curious about your evening test. Let it sit out awhile and perhaps check your test from this morning when you get home. Those cheap tests take forever to show up!

Back to work today - lots to do, but wanted to check in! Have a great week ladies!

Girls I'm super nervous about my ultrasound in the am. Thanks for all the well wishes. Please pray for a strong healty heartbeat.

Thanks! Xoxo

Girls I'm super nervous about my ultrasound in the am. Thanks for all the well wishes. Please pray for a strong healty heartbeat.

Thanks! Xoxo

Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! Xoxo

Good luck all will be fine! You'll see and hear that healthy heartbeat and melt with joy!

Thanks! Xoxo

You got this, Jkb!!!! :hugs: Sending good vibes your way!

My husband checked my test from tonight. Said he saw a line. I figured he was seeing a shadow again. But it's there! You guys may not be able to see it.

Attachments

• 20150203_203818.jpg
    20150203_203818.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20150203_203727.jpg
    20150203_203727.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 42
I see it, I see it!! Ahhh! :happydance: I just knew it!! I was hoping to jump on and see that you tested again tonight, so you just made my night! I'm guessing it made your night too, lol! Yay!

Beagle!!! Awesome!!! I see it on both strips, on both pics!!!! I'm so happy for you and hubby!!! Any plans to shop tomorrow;)

Awesome day with 2 bfp! Congrats girls!!

Thanks! Xoxo

Sending you lots of of prayers! I'm feeling good about this JKB!!!

I see it!!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome news Beagle!!! Congrats!!!

Jkb, thinking about you today! Can't wait to hear the update! :flower:

JKB - Thinking of you today! Happy thoughts only. :)

Beagle - I see it for sure! Congratulations!

Sars - wooohooo. That's definitely a BFP. Congratulations!

Amy - wow. That's crazy about the "live birth guarantee." That's completely awful. I wonder how many people have been affected by that, ya know? I'm happy that you didn't agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->