First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Oh beagle... I'm so sorry your dad is pulling this crap... its always a wonder to me when the parents act more like children. Even if he didn't like the way you did it, he has to know you are super excited and that was the way you chose to surprise him (which I thought was cute, btw). I can't imagine how he couldn't just be happy for you. I hope he'll come around and make this up to you. :nope:

Terri, I'm so happy AF came for you! I'm sure you are too, she took long enough, huh? Time to get started, I'm super excited for you!

Haha, I didn't think what I typed (b@s t@rd) was a swear word. Funny how BB turns it into a bunch of asterisks.

Sorry Beagle. That sucks. You should be excited at a time like this, not worried about your dad being mad at you. That's kind of selfish of him. Can your step mom be your mediator with him, or is she butt-hurt too?

Hey guys…Lady so sorry you are feeling crazy! But I don’t think pregnancy will be much better…lol! I have not lost it yet but I did feel more emotional than usual watching tv the other day. But it could be my meds too.

Terri – have you seen Office Space? Sometimes I feel like I live in that movie!

Knit – I can understand anxiety over twins. But I guaranty you, most pregnant women are feeling the same. Just focus on having a healthy pregnancy. And how awesome for twins! I am not sure what you want, but I hope it is boy/girl…best of both worlds.

You guys can ignore me if you want…just a little rant of family drama I need to get out.

So my day started out pretty crappy. My husband & I just found out about the pregnancy around the 4th I think (a Wednesday). I made arrangements to see my mom to tell her in person. My dad is in VA…his b-day was Sun. I wanted my mom to know first, so I delayed mailing his card so he would get it Mon. I wrote from us & Baby Boy coming in Oct. After telling my mom, we called my sister. Then on my way home I told my 2 best friends. My husband told a close cousin sworn to secrecy. His family can’t keep a secret & I had planned to mail personalized chocolate wrappers to announce. So anyways, sorry so drawn out. The point is, this was the order of telling people…days after a pos test & not even a pos blood test yet to confirm.

So I had not heard from my dad. A little background. They divorced when I was 9. My mom basically took care of us alone. My dad came around & spent a lot of time with him when we could. But he was 4 hours away. He also never remembers birthdays…which after a certain point is just disrespectful. He lives in his own world. I do not go out of my way to call him. I have never ignored a phone call or text. He calls me as much as I call him. So I text my step mom yesterday to ask if he got the card. Texted her because if he hadn’t I would call to tell him. So she texts congrats & asks if my new number. I have had the same number for 8 years. She says he wants to talk to me. So no phone call last night. Then texts this morning. He says was that your way of telling me you are pregnant? Yes. Well good thing I had a birthday or you would have never told me. I told him we had just found out & it lined up with his birthday. I was so upset. And no further texts back from him. Most men would be excited to get news on their birthday of a new grandchild. Maybe he thought it was impersonal, I don’t know. But even after finding out, he doesn’t call. And now only a text & he has yet to say congrats or anything.

Beagle, That stinks! I think that is a cute way of telling him. I almost told my parents with a card and a bib that my brother took their house. I ended up feeling like it was mean to make them wait. Have you thought about trying to call him? It sucks when our parents act like the children but maybe a personal call would make him feel better.

Knit - Congrats on the twins!!!

Erin - I cut out all sweets for about 4 days before the 1 hour and I am now wondering if that is why I failed. I just looked up my 3 hour results and they are all crazy low. (After the 1 hour I splerged on stuff and had chocolate on Wednesday before I knew I was going back yesterday for the test - so maybe some sweets help to balance out the numbers...

Beagle - sorry about your dad.

24 hours until my flight to warmth - looking forward to getting out of this 15 degree weather!

It's just frustrating because my sister is upset every year because he forgets her kids' birthdays. He doesn't send me a card or anythin on my birthday. I don't need anything but a card. My mom doesn't even always send a card but she texts me. Everyone I told is so excited even my sister who I didn't expect it from. He always thinks everyone else should go out of their way for him. I am not going out of my way to make sure my child is a part of his life. I get to be with my baby al the time. So I'm not the one missing out. He will have my father in law & my step dad nearby. Ugh...not wasting anymore time on him.

This weekend me & my best friend are shopping at the outlet. I am so excited. She is ready to baby shop. She is buying the baby some Ravens gear (Baltimore born). I said bring it...I hate football, but I will love dressing him up like any team other than cowboys (my husband's team)! Terri - how will you guys work out that split??? :)

Beagle-Sorry about the trouble with your dad. I get angry at irresponsible parents, so I'll just stop at that.

As far as our baby, she will be a Ravens fan and he will be a Cowboys fan. Just kidding. We haven't worked it out. HA! We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. As long as baby is not a Steelers or Redskins fan, we should be ok.

Beagle-Sorry about the trouble with your dad. I get angry at irresponsible parents, so I'll just stop at that.

As far as our baby, she will be a Ravens fan and he will be a Cowboys fan. Just kidding. We haven't worked it out. HA! We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. As long as baby is not a Steelers or Redskins fan, we should be ok.

My FIL is redskins. Husband's uncle is vikings.

After a nerve wracking morning, my nurse just called and said my beta was 1869 so it more than doubled. I'm feeling really relieved. My doctor hadnt reviewed it yet bc she is in surgery but she said my nurse could call as long as it was over 1,800.

After a nerve wracking morning, my nurse just called and said my beta was 1869 so it more than doubled. I'm feeling really relieved. My doctor hadnt reviewed it yet bc she is in surgery but she said my nurse could call as long as it was over 1,800.

SARS! Awesome news!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance: and since it's so high you should be ultrasound eligible now:)!!!! Happy for you chica

Beagle sorry your dad is being selfish. I know it's hard not to let it burden you, but you are right it's his choice to be apart of y'all's lives. Hope he comes to that understanding.

Terri- the hair comment cracked me up too. Woohoo for af coming! time to get things started!!!!

So unfortunately my hair is the color of Kim kardashian but I have lots of gray coming in early. Yuck! I'm only 31:( but I go every 4 weeks for an all over color. I had it done the day before transfer but the roots are so bad. It's not worth the risk to me though...... Last week I put brown eye shadow on the roots to cover it up. Hubby was like o.k.....

Moni- hope you have a great baby shower!! I too am jealous of the warm weather!

Beagle sorry your dad is being selfish. I know it's hard not to let it burden you, but you are right it's his choice to be apart of y'all's lives. Hope he comes to that understanding.

Terri- the hair comment cracked me up too. Woohoo for af coming! time to get things started!!!!

So unfortunately my hair is the color of Kim kardashian but I have lots of gray coming in early. Yuck! I'm only 31:( but I go every 4 weeks for an all over color. I had it done the day before transfer but the roots are so bad. It's not worth the risk to me though...... Last week I put brown eye shadow on the roots to cover it up. Hubby was like o.k.....

I'm sorry JKB but I just nearly spit out my drink picturing your husband's reaction to that.:haha:

YAY Sars!! So happy for you. What a relief. (And what a witch that nurse is for getting you all worried to begin with).

Thanks ladies! I feel like I can relax this weekend. I'm going back in Monday for another beta as a precaution and then the first U/S will be Friday! Pretty excited for that. They said I will come in each Friday for one and after 8 weeks my insurance doesn't let me see my RE anymore? I'm not sure what the deal is with that. So, I guess at that point I'll be back to my regular OB.

Anyone have fun plans this weekend? I had a three-day weekend but no plans other than cleaning and staying warm.

Awesome about the Beta Sars!

I have no idea the outcome or how well it works, but you can look in to Lush products. They are all natural & they make a hair dye.

Just found out my husband does not leave his current store until March, so we are good for our appointment...at least the first one. But that also means his pay won't change until March...oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->