First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Oh I forgot one thing. My dr would not allow me to transfer more than 1 with PGS because of my age. I think if you are 38, my clinic allowed 2.

jkb11 - Such a cute picture. I can't believe the detail you can see at 8 weeks.

LadySosa - That sounds like a great trip. We've been having such great weather but now it shows a chance of rain all weekend. Normally that would make me happy, but that's not good news for your trip. I love Huntington Beach. It's our favorite beach to go to and ride our bikes. They also have a dog friendly area that is pretty cool. Unfortunately my dog hates water lol.

Mrs. W - I'm sorry your nurse is being such a Debbie Downer. It really helps when the people guiding you through this are positive.

Beaglemom - I think it's cool you're bringing everyone cupcakes. If I worked with you, I would definitely enjoy that :)

Booger - I also had my check-up today. My lining was at 8.3 and he was very pleased with that so I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. He said only anything under 7.5 would be an issue. I'm also really nervous but excited too. But also a little worried. Worried that it won't work a second time because what are the odds? And worried because if it does work, I'll be worried about having another miscarriage. But I keep telling myself to take it one step at a time.

So my transfer is officially set for Tuesday at 7:00am!! Eeeeekkk!!!

Ahhh, Amy that's so exciting. :happydance:

Terri, I clearly don't have any PGS experience. But I used Natera for my blood genetic screening and had a billing issue and was impressed with them FWIW.

I know my clinic decides how many eggs to put in largely based on age and SART guidelines. I think if over 38 it was two if you're so inclined.

Terri, the name of my lab was Genesis Genetics. They're up in Chicago, so not real sure why my clinic uses them since we're down in FL. Yep, I did the overnight thing, but mostly because my embryos were already frozen since I didn't decide to do PGS until my 3rd transfer when I was down to 4 embies. We didn't want to thaw, test, re-freeze, and re-thaw! So overnight was the best option before the FET. Oddly, I don't think there was an extra charge to get results overnight w/ Genesis. The forms I filled out didn't have an extra fee when checking the overnight box.

As far as FET or fresh.... I'm tempted to think FET would be best since you had implantation during your FET. But just because you didn't have implantation during your fresh, doesn't mean you wouldn't this time with a chromosomally viable embie. So it's hard to say. I know I felt ten times better during FET than fresh. But how did you feel? Do you recall feeling better during either one? Did you ask what your E was during your fresh? I felt that was the main issue with my fresh cycle since my E was over 3500.

Hi to everybody!!! I'll catch up properly later! I didn't realize how far behind I'd gotten, yikes! :flower:

Hmm...you and beagle both used genesis genetic. I'll have to look at their site and see what they say. :kiss:

The thing I hated about the FET was taking the PIO shots every day and the del estrogen every third day. It seemed like that's all I was doing. With the fresh, I only had to take Endometrin and Estrace (from what I remember), so of course, it was much easier to do stuff without having to take needles/vials with me when I went out to dinner, etc..Of course, I'm seriously on a spending hiatus in March..I bought tickets to a play for this Saturday, going out to dinner next week, my bestie and I are going to NC to visit one of our friends next weekend, so I'm spending a ton. Come March, I will be a hermit. I want to go on summer trips and the way I've spent lately is going to prevent me from doing that.

I think I'm going to remain positive and plan several embryos that make it to blast stage so that I can do a fresh with a normal one and then if the others are normal, I can save them for an FET if it doesn't work. How is that for being 1/2 positive, 1/2 unsure? hee hee.

Thanks for the info sars and beagle.

Good morning ladies:)
Terri- I also used genesis genetics. My RE didn't give us options, just said that is who they use. We didn't get ours overnight because I was a FET. I agree with the girls that frozen was best for me as well but I had OHSS. As much as I dislike the PIO shots I feel that is what is making the difference for me. If you don't take them I would suggest that you have the dr closely monitor your level. With my past m/c's they would start me on crinone but in the end it still wouldn't prevent the loss.

Terri - for FET I was on Crinone (2X) & estrace (3X). I just downloaded a meds app to keep track. Oh & baby asprin. I am actually still on all of that. I assume maybe something will change with my first scan next week...but even if it doesn't, the meds are super easy to take & keep track of. I do pack a crinone to take late afternoon. Sometimes I forget it & do it when I get home.

terri, if you do decide to do FET, you could always ask your RE about just using Crinone and another form of E like beagle and I did. I mean, if they feel the PIO is absolutely necessary, then obviously you'd want to go that route. But it doesn't hurt to ask. PIO is a commonly used route, but only because there didn't used to be an acceptable form of P any other way (to work well enough for IVF/FET). Then Crinone and a couple of others came out! Its a godsend for people who hate doing those shots for so long. Another thing I like about Crinone is that it won't show up in your blood levels. PIO does, which to most people would be better! But for me, when I had my P tested after my last FET worked, I knew that the amount of P in my blood was the amount my body had started producing on its own, rather than the amount I was getting from meds.

For E, I used the Vivelle Dot patches. I'm not sure why they didn't just give me Estrace like beagle (a pill is the easiest route of all!), but they didn't give me that option for FET. Since you only did the delestrogen shots every 2-3 days, you might find that okay if you're able to eliminate at least the PIO shots maybe? I hate all intramuscular injections, so I was willing to take the inconvenience of E patches and P vaginal gel!

Or you can just do a fresh transfer again, like you said! I love your positive attitude, assuming you'll have a few viable embies so that if a fresh doesn't work, then you use the others for FET. :)

Good morning, ladies! :flower:

Terri - My clinic sends their biopsies to RMA of NJ for testing. Overnight was never an option for me. I heard that my clinic is switching to FETs only for everyone. No more fresh transfers BUT I haven't actually asked if that is true. I wonder if they are just finding better success with FETs due to the lower amount of meds, etc. needed. I'll ask my nurse - mainly out of curiosity...... Do what you feel most comfortable with. PGS eliminates the effects of maternal age on implantation rates. Meaning that at age 40 and with PGS normal embryos, your chances of getting pregnant with one embryo is basically the same as the 30-yr old (or younger). So if you are okay with twins, then you could transfer 2 but I definitely wouldn't transfer 3 PGS normal embyros. That's my take on it anyway.

Beagle -Just a caution about the April 1 pregnancy announcement - some people may not find it funny. I know in your case, you really are pregnant but I have read where many ladies struggling with infertility get pi$$ed when people make joke announcements on April Fool's Day. Just something to think about.

I did the PIO shot this morning myself and it wasn't that bad. :happydance: It's definitely a little hard to inject since it's oil but again, it didn't hurt until a few minutes afterwards. Hopefully, they get a little easier. I definitely had to give myself a pep talk that I could do it but once I got the nerve, I just jabbed it in. :haha:

Looks like Amy is next on our list, for next Tuesday! Wuhu! I'm excited for more transfers and BFPs. :happydance:

Booger, do you have your exact transfer date yet? I'm thinking you do since you started your PIO, but I can't recall the date... let me know, and I'll update it on the front page.

Mrs W, you're February too, but I wonder if I missed a date for you as well...?

I don't think I've seen Libby or Weezy post in a while, so i have them as February question marks. If anyone knows different, let me know!

Erin - My transfer is this coming Monday, February 23rd!!!!

Thanks booger for your advice on the number transferred. I am thinking that if I had two, I would transfer two. I can get a set of twins and be done with this madness. Or...if we transfer two good and only one works, thats' fine too. I appreciate your post.

ERose-Yeah, I'm going to ask if I have to take the PIO or if there is another option. There's no problem asking. I think my doctor likes me because I just ask my questions and go with what they say. I never cause trouble, and I'm not annoying like many. HA!!HA!! I have a friend who is going on her third IUI (her insurance makes her do three before IVF), and she is constantly calling/complaining/telling them they're wrong, etc..I think about her and I think about my personality, and I'm like 'hmm...i'm just a go with the flow kind of person' although I was mad about the playoff game that I missed. That is the only time I've been really upset during this process (aside from not being prego, obviously).

beagle-Now that I read booger's post, I kind of agree with her on the 4/1 announcement. Because it's not a joke and you really are prego, why not tell everyone on Tuesday the 31 or Thursday, April 02? You never know what others in your office may be feeling/thinking/going through. I know the FB announcements are pretty annoying on April Fools. I think your FB friends would be much more excited if you shared on another day as well. No one wants to be the fool. But, it's your announcement so obviously you can do what you want. :friends:

I didn't really think about it upsetting anyone...especially because I am not trying to fool anyone. I just thought them second guessing it would be sort of funny. Plus all our family would already know so I am sure they would post on my post & it would seem more real. And it wouldn't just be a post...my husband has a plan on doing this light painting thing where he outlines my belly & writes the due date. And at work I am going all out with cupcakes & blue & all that...seems like a lot for a gag. I can see your point...but in my case I am not actually lying...anyone else have any thoughts on it??? I don't want to upset anyone. Just figured the joke would be that it's not a joke.

I didn't really think about it upsetting anyone...especially because I am not trying to fool anyone. I just thought them second guessing it would be sort of funny. Plus all our family would already know so I am sure they would post on my post & it would seem more real. And it wouldn't just be a post...my husband has a plan on doing this light painting thing where he outlines my belly & writes the due date. And at work I am going all out with cupcakes & blue & all that...seems like a lot for a gag. I can see your point...but in my case I am not actually lying...anyone else have any thoughts on it??? I don't want to upset anyone. Just figured the joke would be that it's not a joke.

Honestly, I usually forget its April Fools Day anyway. Someone will remind me, and I'll forget again an hour later. If I saw an announcement like that on FB on April 1st, I wouldn't think much of it, I'd believe it and congratulate you, because I wouldn't even remember that Apr 1 was any different from any other day. Now, if I did find out later that you weren't prego and it was an April Fools joke, I would be appalled, LOL... I'd be like "Why on earth would she do something like that??" But otherwise, I wouldn't think twice about it. I might just be oblivious though, since I always forget about April Fools.

I have never actually seen a joke pregnancy post on Facebook; I have read on a couple of infertility blogs where the bloggers have been upset by them. I just figured you might want to know that it could be a trigger for some people. But since you are actually pregnant, then it probably doesn't matter anyway!

I'm like Terri in that I feel like I'm a pretty easy patient. I never really question what they tell me to do - I might ask for clarification or an explanation as to why they do something they way they do it. There is no harm in asking if you could try the progesterone in a different format - the worst they can do is say no! I would think they would let you try something else though. Studies have shown that suppositories work just as well as PIO so they shouldn't really use that as a reason.

Good morning ladies!

Amy - BOOO! Cali, why, oh why?? I saw the forecast. So bummed. Rain and clouds all weekend. So much for our convertible. Haha. Oh, well, we will still have fun!

Ok, here is the bathroom progress so far! Everything's done except for the bathroom drawer pulls, vanity mirror and towel bar. I took a shower this morning in the new shower - very exciting!

You guys all talking about the PIO shots makes me wonder...my doc never prescribed that. I'm on estrace, lupron, vaginal endometrin (or will be next week) and baby aspirin. I hope they aren't missing something...?

Attachments

• Bathroom 1.jpg
    Bathroom 1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Bathroom 2.jpg
    Bathroom 2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Bathroom 3.jpg
    Bathroom 3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 9
Amy and booger I can't wait for next week! Are you gals gonna test early or ride out the tww???

Beagle- I'm with Erin, since you really are preggo, it would be no biggie but, I wouldn't be able to keep it quiet for over a month:) what if you start getting morning sickness?

Lady- we were posting at the same time:) but very nice work! Looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->