First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

The floors look great, beagle, thanks for sharing! He did a great job.

I love when you girls share pics, whether it's of yourselves or something in your home, or a pet. Makes you guys seem less virtual, and more real. LOL. :winkwink:

DH and I are still pondering names, even though we had a name already picked out. We threw another into the mix, so now we have to decide. Middle name will be Steven regardless, as that is DH's name, and I get sentimental about picking at least one name like that. Our original thought for a first name was Miles. But now we're debating Nolan as well. So hard to choose, although Miles sounds a little better w/Steven, I think. I really dig the name Nolan as well, but not sure it sounds great w/ Steven. Maybe it doesn't matter much though. Middle names don't come up much. Any thoughts?

The floors look great, beagle, thanks for sharing! He did a great job.

I love when you girls share pics, whether it's of yourselves or something in your home, or a pet. Makes you guys seem less virtual, and more real. LOL. :winkwink:

DH and I are still pondering names, even though we had a name already picked out. We threw another into the mix, so now we have to decide. Middle name will be Steven regardless, as that is DH's name, and I get sentimental about picking at least one name like that. Our original thought for a first name was Miles. But now we're debating Nolan as well. So hard to choose, although Miles sounds a little better w/Steven, I think. I really dig the name Nolan as well, but not sure it sounds great w/ Steven. Maybe it doesn't matter much though. Middle names don't come up much. Any thoughts?

I like both names a lot...but I think Miles sounds better with Steven...better flow.

Speaking of pics...I tried to do vlogs, I tried to do blogs...but I lost interest very quickly. So my husband suggested Instagram & I really like it. I have my link in my signature. It is not private, so feel free to look at my pics or follow me if you are on instagram. I thought it would be an easy fun way to document the pregnancy.

Beagle - Your floors look amazing!! Kudos to the two of you.

Erin - I like both names but I'm a sucker for the name Miles. Not sure why - I just really like it.

Okay - So I'm finally starting to get excited! I can't believe I'm only three days away now. My transfer will be 5 months to the day from when I had my retrieval. Crazy. I would like to say it has flown by but it hasn't! At least not for me.

Anyone have fun weekend plans? A good friend of mine is in a play so we are going to see that tonight. I have to leave tomorrow for Spokane since my clinic is requiring me to do a blood draw there Sunday morning at 7:00 am. I'll be over there Sat and Sun night. DH is staying behind, which is fine. I guess I'll try to get in a nice long run on Sunday and then Monday is the big day, of course.

Erin - I like both names but I'm a sucker for the name Miles. Not sure why - I just really like it.

Okay - So I'm finally starting to get excited! I can't believe I'm only three days away now. My transfer will be 5 months to the day from when I had my retrieval. Crazy. I would like to say it has flown by but it hasn't! At least not for me.

Anyone have fun weekend plans? A good friend of mine is in a play so we are going to see that tonight. I have to leave tomorrow for Spokane since my clinic is requiring me to do a blood draw there Sunday morning at 7:00 am. I'll be over there Sat and Sun night. DH is staying behind, which is fine. I guess I'll try to get in a nice long run on Sunday and then Monday is the big day, of course.

Is he going to be there for the transfer? It is so exciting! I know you have been waiting so long...one thing after another. My transfer was almost exactly a year to the day of my first IUI. The road has been long but at times it seems like it flew by. I can't believe this has been my life for almost 18 months. And wow what is to come in the next 18!

My husband deserves all the credit on this one. He knows how excited I am it is finished. My nursery furniture is blue & green so that is what I plan to paint the bedroom. So I may be working on that this weekend. Each color on opposite walls. I love color on my walls!

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/...tml?plaind=1&gclid=CL_sxKKU8cMCFQ4dgQoder4A_Q

Beaglemom - I love the floors and I absolutely LOVE the nursery. So cute!!!!

Booger76 - SOOO exciting. Just a few days away!! Whoo hoo!!

Erin - I guess I'm the only one that's favoring Nolan. I love that name. I think it's sooo cute. And I think it goes just fine with Steven. I like Miles too, but I always think of Miles Davis when I hear it lol.

If we had a girl our favorites are Sophia or Olivia, and for a boy DH wants Alejandro, but we would call him Alex. And of course every time DH says Alejandro, the song Alejandro by Lady Gaga pops into my head LOL.

Is he going to be there for the transfer? It is so exciting! I know you have been waiting so long...one thing after another. My transfer was almost exactly a year to the day of my first IUI. The road has been long but at times it seems like it flew by. I can't believe this has been my life for almost 18 months. And wow what is to come in the next 18!

My husband deserves all the credit on this one. He knows how excited I am it is finished. My nursery furniture is blue & green so that is what I plan to paint the bedroom. So I may be working on that this weekend. Each color on opposite walls. I love color on my walls!

https://www.babysupermall.com/main/...tml?plaind=1&gclid=CL_sxKKU8cMCFQ4dgQoder4A_Q

Thank you for posting that site, there are no cheaper baby furniture places here in NY. We always go to Behrs...hate the jingle for that store.

Booger - this is very exciting!!!! I'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Be careful about the paint fumes though! I know they recommend not being around the fumes when you are pregnant!

Thanks, ladies! It's nice to finally feel excited. There are still nerves, too, but it's mostly excitement.

Amy!!! I'm excited for you too. And Lady Sosa. So glad I won't be waiting alone....

DH will not be with me at transfer. We are both pretty rational types (think Bones, if you watch that show) and he's not allowed in the transfer room with me anyway, so it didn't seem to make sense for him to have to make the drive and miss the day of work just to sit in a waiting room for 15 minutes. At least that was our thinking.

Thanks, ladies! It's nice to finally feel excited. There are still nerves, too, but it's mostly excitement.

Amy!!! I'm excited for you too. And Lady Sosa. So glad I won't be waiting alone....

DH will not be with me at transfer. We are both pretty rational types (think Bones, if you watch that show) and he's not allowed in the transfer room with me anyway, so it didn't seem to make sense for him to have to make the drive and miss the day of work just to sit in a waiting room for 15 minutes. At least that was our thinking.

I'm sorry he is not allowed in. I get what you are saying. If my husband had been given a hard time about work obviously I would have gone alone. He was allowed in the room with me. But I know some clinics are different. Are you driving right back after? Enjoy your weekend. How does it work after? Do you still go back to the RE? Have they given you a test date, yet?

Yes I will be careful of the paint fumes. I never finish anyways. I put enough color to be satisfied with my choice & my husband always finishes up! :)

I can't believe he's not allowed in the transfer room!!

Amy and LadySosa - I'm excited for your upcoming transfers too, but I can't remember when they are. :flower:

Oh I totally forgot to tell this story...

I keep talking about the cramping with my husband & I mentioned the possible spotting yesterday (which no more has shown up). And he says oh so confidently...spotting is okay if it is not added with cramping & cramping is okay if there is no bleeding. Later on I said where did you hear that. He said I have been reading my pregnancy books. Ha ha! I love it!

So are booger and I the only ones who's clinics don't allow DH to come in for transfer? Mine didn't allow him in either. He sat with me in prep while I was waiting to go in, but once I went in, he moved to this little room where he could see the ultrasound on a flat-screen, and the nurse pointed out to him when the catheter went in and dropped off the embryo.

Thanks girls, for the opinions on names! It's such a hard decision when you know the kid is gonna have that name forever, haha. I've always loved Miles for a boy, but when we thought of Nolan all of a sudden, I wasn't sure! So I guess we'll see if I get a feeling either way as the pregnancy goes on.

Aww, Amy, Alejandro is cute!! Do either of you have Spanish backgrounds? It doesn't look like it from your picture, but I've been fooled before. :) Sophia and Olivia are cute too. I was going to use Olivia as a middle name if I had a girl. Rose Olivia.

beagle, that nursery is going to be precious. :) I still haven't started on mine because we've been using it for storage for so long, that we have to figure out what to do with everything in there before we can do anything! And yes, SO cute that your hubs has been reading pregnancy books!

booger, I'm excited for you too!!! I can't believe its finally here after all this time! It's going to be so fun that you'll have Amy right in the TWW with you, and then LadySosa right behind you. I'm so excited for more BFPs. :happydance:

Amy I forgot to say I loved the name Alejandro too! I have Spanish/Mexican backgrounds. You wouldn't guess since I am pale, freckles, blue eyes, & red hair! But I didn't really grow up learning about that culture. I wish I had. My grandfather's name was Marcelo.

Erin I really think you will just know on the name. Besides you have time. Sometimes you just stumble across it & you are like YEP that's gonna be my kid!

My husband surprised me months ago by emptying out that room. It was his man room. He packed everything up one day & ripped up the carpet. But it took forever to get started on the floors. I think he is just so excited now that it is happening. And he is so willing to just do everything for me.

Beagle: Sorry to hear you're starting to feel sick. I still feel pretty normal other than the size of my chest.

Booger: I am so, so excited for you! It is finally here. I'm surprised the clinic doesn't let him in. But it totally makes sense he isn't coming. There's not a point in him driving all that ways and taking off. DH could come in, just had to change into scrubs.

Erin: I vote Miles Steven too.

Amy: You're so close too! I love all those names. I like Alex a lot for both boys and girls. My friend has a little Olivia, who is a total hambone, and they call her Liv.

AFM, I had my first ultrasound today and it was pretty awesome. She warned us it might be too early to see the heartbeat but we got to see the tiny flicker. She couldn't really capture it to print it but that really didn't matter. It was so amazing to see. Everything is measuring as she expected and she was really pleased.

Looks like I am headed to my OBGYN after 8 weeks because Aetna won't let me see her anymore. I'm strangely sad about that.

We are super relieved and excited! Next U/S is on March 3.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Attachments

• Peanut.jpg
    Peanut.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2627.jpg
    IMG_2627.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 5
Sars - Hooray for the great ultrasound!! That's awesome.:happydance:

Erin - That's cool that your office had a screen and a room where your DH could watch!

Beagle - No, DH won't be making the trip at all. I'll head back home right after transfer. That's cool that your husband did the floors.

Amy - I forgot to tell you too that I really love the name Alejandro. I have an affinity for Hispanic names from the time that I lived in NM. I really love the name Mateo but there is no way DH would go for it. :haha:

I won't have to go back to my RE if this transfer is successful. They'll give me orders for blood draw and US that can be done here locally. Thank goodness! That 8-hour round trip drive is getting old!

Hey guys. I went out to buy paint & then got all indecisive. So I went to Lowe's to get samples. Just FYI in case you didn't know, Lowe's has a variety of samples & will also mix any color you want as a sample. They also said all their paint is low toxin.

Good morning everyone!! I wait all week for Saturday to come so I can sleep in a little, and then I'm wide awake at 6:00am and can't go back to sleep. Boooo.

knitgirl - Booger's transfer is this Monday the 23rd, I'm the 24th and LadySosa is the following week on the 3rd :)

Erin - Yes my DH (Diego) is Mexican. I tease him about his accent and he laughs at me because I can't pronounce our last name correctly lol. Our friends joke around and call us Desi & Lucy hahaha.
My dad is actually Portuguese. He was adopted as an infant and was told growing up his biological parents were Italian (this was on the paperwork my grandparents were given at the time of the adoption). We had no reason not to believe this because he looks VERY Italian. However, we both did the DNA test on Ancestry.com last year and found out that he is actually Portuguese. What a trip that was, my whole life we've been telling people we were Italian. So yes while I have Spanish blood in me, I know nothing about the culture. I've been wanting to learn more since I found out though. I plan on going to both Spain and Portugal one day.

Sars - Congrats on the ultrasound. You must be so excited!! It just seems more real after the first ultrasound :)

Booger - Ooohhh Mateo. I really like that too!!! It's funny because my DH really likes the name Maya for a girl. Um that's our dog's name. You can not give our daughter the dog's name LOL. But if we had boy/girl twins, Mateo and Maya would sound so cute together LOL. I know, I let my imagination run wild hee hee.

AFM - Only three more sleeps left!! Whoo Hoo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->