First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Sars-my mom was always weird about other people having babies too. She wouldn't get anyone a gift until after the baby was born. She was only excited when my sister got pregnant but we all live in different states so I'm not sure how she was with my sister. My sister's kids were the least of my worries when she was getting pregnant so I never asked her if Mommie was nice or not. I had my own drama going on. I hope your mom comes around. She's probably just guarding herself until at least 12 weeks. She still loves you. :hugs: Glad you had a great weekend and got your miles in. Good to know I can take a long break and still run 6 miles down the road. :)

LadySosa-awesome news about the condo/house. I like the condo better. It's so cool that you can hear the beach from the front porch. What else do you need?? I also agree to do it now and sell it later if it's too much. It'll be nice to have to getaway in the summers. Fun!

Booger-so have you called your doctor about being so sick? Stop being stronger than you need to be and get help. It always seems like I have to bark at you to do stuff, but you know I love ya! There is no prize for being miserable and suffering through your first tri. If there are ways to alleviate your pain, do it. Your hubs would say the same thing. He wants fun booger back! I can't remember if I told you that I'm so happy you finally told your mom. I'm so happy she knows.

Babyw-ugh. Your friends and their kid sound like a nightmare. Sorry you had to chase that girl all over he place. And dropping bruschetta? The.worst. I always say my house is a fun house and people can do whatever, but if definitely have to draw the line at dropping food all over the house. She can stay in the kitchen. I'm also glad hat you are thinking about counseling. We did it too before marriage but we could probably go again.my hubs is SO different from me. I think it's because he was raised by only his mom. How can a mom know what a boy needs? Not that he's a bad MAN because he's not, but he just doesn't know stuff that anyone should know. It's hard to describe. Your bump photo and Jack are too cute.

Beagle-hope your day got better at the end. Oh, so I'll be at the Os/Yankees game on Wednesday, so be on the lookout! Ha ha. Do you watch a lot of the games?

Kfs1-so cool about operation trick sister. Does her bestie know? She can probably tell everyone else. I love surprises!! And your husband is so sweet to use his spring break to do all that stuff. Let's see some furniture pics! Or the link to the store is fine too. When is the shower??

AFM-just nervous and excited about tomorrow. I told two of my coworkers today. One is very religious so I know she'll be praying. Plus she and her husband had dreams the other day that three people got pregnant. She knows that we've been trying but a few of her other friends have been too. She was right on! I told her that tomorrow would really be the moment of truth. I'm nervous because I feel like nothing is going on. I do t really want anything to go on, but some reassurance would be nice.

Hi to everyone else!

Good luck today Terri! I know your number will be perfect<3

Terri - Can't WAIT to hear from you today. These betas are so nerve-wracking but I'm sure your number will be great!

Babywhisperer - Cute bump pic! Little Jack is too adorable. I think therapy sounds like a good idea, if anything, to make sure you're on the same page before the baby comes. Your one friend sounds nuts - letting her daughter run around the house like that!

Sars - That stinks that your mom is so worried. I wonder if she doesn't realize how negative she's coming off. Maybe you can say something to her about it...?

Terri - we tried to watch the game last night & it was blacked out. So not sure if I will be able to watch. Not wishing you any luck there...but you have my permission to throw a coke at A-Rod!

Good luck today...I know what you mean...I was testing like crazy & still so nervous for the beta.

Good luck today Terri! Can't wait to hear that beta! I'll be thinking about you all day!

I'm hard at work today and still no phone call on my work phone. A message may be on my cell, but I won't check that until 3:30 or until I cant' take it anymore. Gotta run.

Good luck Terri!! I'm praying for a great beta for you lady! Did you go first thing this morning?

Good luck today, Terri!!! So excited for you.

Babywhisperer - I think the counseling sounds like a good idea. It certainly can't hurt. I hope your DH is open to the idea and willing to go. Your bump picture with Baby Jack is adorable. He does look pretty content there.

Lady - The condo you guys looked at sounds pretty awesome. We've often talked about trying to find a rustic cabin retreat somewhere but haven't really looked into too much. I think it's great you guys are doing it now - if not now, there will soon be other distractions (good ones :winkwink:) Good luck! I'm also excited for you to get going again. I can't wait for your BFP!

kfs - The surprise shower for your sister is such a sweet gesture. You guys sound like you're really close and always thinking of each other. That's great! I wish my sister and I were a little closer. We're 8 years apart in age and 2000 miles in distance and I'm often sad that we haven't been able to have a closer relationship.

sars - I'm hoping that my two runs a week have kept me in good enough shape that I'll be able to pick it up soon. I have a 4-mile loop that I always run and it hasn't seemed to be getting any harder (yet!). I will say that I have ditched my watch though. Not sure I want to be depressed by my times. I'm sorry your Mom doesn't seem more excited. Sounds like she is just trying to be guarded - I bet if you could talk to her about in a way where she wouldn't feel bad you guys could get it figured out.

Jen - Oh, I don't feel like I am anywhere near as sick as you were! You've been a real trooper through all of this. That's why I feel like I was whining. I do wonder now if there was something else going on this weekend - there has been a bug going around and maybe I picked that up on top of the morning sickness. I am so grateful I haven't been vomiting. You sound like you're all ready for baby - but I do hope she stays tucked up tight for a little while longer!

Beagle - Hooray for the second trimester! You're trucking right along. I'm trying not to beat myself up too much over nutrition right now but I don't want to fall into bad habits or gain too much weight. I already struggle with body image so I'm trying to make sure I focus on eating right and exercising while I can.

Hello to jkb, Amy, and Erin! :hi:

Thanks for all the concern from each of you! After I typed all that I ended up feeling so much better yesterday than I have in awhile. I actually got home from work and did some yard work, made dinner and then took the dog for a walk. It felt nice to feel functional. I will say that I don't feel like it's necessary to call the doctor yet - I can still eat and drink and I haven't been vomiting. I did order some B6 to start taking - I couldn't find it in the right dose at any of my local stores so I ordered some off Amazon. It should arrive today. I've read where it helps a lot. You can take it with Unisom at night and it should help you feel better the next day. It's the same stuff that's in the prescription Jen suggested. I'll start with just the B6 and see if that helps. If not, I'll add in the Unisom. I'm hoping I'm over the hump now (I'll be 10 weeks tomorrow) as I'm feeling pretty good today too. I might attempt a run later but it's snowing!

Thinking of you Terri!!! I cannot wait to hear your update!And as for dh's friends and their daughter, you never really know how your friends are as parents until you see it 1st hand. We took a road trip to see friends upstate if you remember, their daughter was sick and got my son sick. I never would have said my child was fine when people are staying over and their child is playing with toys from a sick child. Yes I know kids get sick, but this one could have been avoided. Everyone is different. My MIL would have the TV on all day at high volumes b/c she is losing her hearing from shooting skeet. She would also step on Jack's blanket on the floor w/ her shoes on. Our nanny clearly has a ton of experience and washes her hands as soon as she comes, and shoes are off. The TV is never on, and Jack is in the high chair when he eats. She treats our home like it's her own.

Sars, I'm sorry your Mom is not more in the moment, mine was that way too until my 2nd tri. They are just protecting themselves from getting too excited or attached just in case something happens. She will relax when you're past the 1st tri. You have us here who are over the moon for you!

Thank you all for your support and not judging me for thinking counseling is a smart move for us. Dh is truly a remarkable person, his integrity is unlike that of anyone I have ever met. He is a true friend and works very hard at his job. I firmly believe his extremely privileged upbringing, awful marriage of his parents, and weird family dynamic makes for some selfish and immaturity streaks. Some men look at a baby and see all the change it will bring, what they won't be able to do anymore, the impact to their freedom, and therefore tend to act out a little. Others on the other extreme are so into it that they are super hands-on, coddle their wives, and don't care one iota about the changes. Dh's own parents were not hands on, they had nannies despite my MIL not working. Their focus was on their social lives, and the kids were left to do what they wanted....call it free-range parenting. My parents knew where I was at all times, and they were on top of my schooling and activities.

One thing I keep hearing from older friends is to nurture the marriage...I think a deeper understanding of each other will help that.

I'm going to cry. It's official. My beta this morning was 539. I couldn't listen anymore after that, so I'm not sure when I'm to return, but I am PREGNANT!!!! For real. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::baby::baby::baby:

I'll call the nurse this afternoon and get the rest of the scoop. I'm really happy.

Oh, I've been waiting for that post!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

What a GREAT beta!! This is it girly, yay!! Everything you've been working so hard for! I got a bit choked up when I read your post!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you Mama!:thumbup:

This just totally made my whole day, seriously.

I'm going to cry. It's official. My beta this morning was 539. I couldn't listen anymore after that, so I'm not sure when I'm to return, but I am PREGNANT!!!! For real. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::baby::baby::baby:

I'll call the nurse this afternoon and get the rest of the scoop. I'm really happy.

That is some beta!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many days post are you??? Could it be more than 1???? I am thrilled for you. Congratulations Mama!! :happydance:

Wahoo! That's one awesome beta!!! Oh Terri,I'm so happy for you. This made my day. It's for real. :happydance::happydance:

Yay!! I'm so happy for you Terri! Congrats momma<3 how many are you thinking???! Eekkkk I'm so excited!

Lady's next:)!!!!

Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance::yipee::yipee::yipee::dance::dance::dance:

:happydance::happydance::happydance::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::happydance::happydance::happydance:

You're going to make me cry! So, so happy for you. Best.Day.Ever.

It's 13dp5dt, so I think 539 is acceptable for one. HA!!HA!! I will ask the nurse this afternoon when we find out how many made it. I still can't believe it.

Thank you, thank you. I'm going to make my signatures like yours before I leave work today. *giggle*

You'll find out how many there are at your first ultrasound, wuhu! Oh, I hope they'll schedule an early one, I will be dying to know! :winkwink: Can't wait to see your siggy. Are you going to pick a ticker?

Can you tell we're all just a tad excited. LOL!

ERose-When is the first u/s? i was going to call the nurse in a bit and ask her all that good stuff.

I was looking at tickers over the weekend, and I think I found the one I want. I'll wait a bit before I add that, and remove my Ffoe chart, but yes, I am just as excited as you are. HA!!HA!! It's been SUCH a long road. Such a long road. I know that others have been trying longer than me, but still. I haven't had one blink of a positive and that just got so old after a while. I'm overjoyed. It is the best day ever. And a random day it is. April 14? what? HA!!HA!!

They scheduled my u/s 4 weeks after the transfer...so I was a little past 6 weeks almost 7. I think 6 weeks is pretty typical. You should be getting another beta on Thurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->