First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS TERRI!!!!!!!!! The BEST news. I can't wait to hear your next steps. I think I had 3 betas before my first ultrasound, which was definitely before 6 weeks and we couldn't see much just yet on that first ultrasound.

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

ERose-When is the first u/s? i was going to call the nurse in a bit and ask her all that good stuff.

I was looking at tickers over the weekend, and I think I found the one I want. I'll wait a bit before I add that, and remove my Ffoe chart, but yes, I am just as excited as you are. HA!!HA!! It's been SUCH a long road. Such a long road. I know that others have been trying longer than me, but still. I haven't had one blink of a positive and that just got so old after a while. I'm overjoyed. It is the best day ever. And a random day it is. April 14? what? HA!!HA!!

Looks like first u/s varies. Mine was right at 7 weeks. My RE doesn't bring you in until they can measure sac, baby (white blob!), and heart rate. But I'm pretty sure they can often get most of those measurements even after 6 weeks (at least, from what I had read)... I was wishing mine would've been at 6 wks, but I didn't ask my RE at the time since we were just getting through the holiday and New Year anyway.

Oh, and I had 3 betas like kfs.

My first ultrasound was 6 weeks to the day and my doctor warned we might not yet hear a heartbeat and it would be normal b/c it was so early. But we did hear it and it was pretty awesome! I'm guessing you'll have at least one more beta. Terri how are you even sitting at work right now? Love the siggy update. The old lady made me laugh.

OMG OMG OMG Terri! Yayyy! Congratulations. You SO deserve this and I am SO happy for you. Wahoo! What a great beta!!

Sars- I love the old lady because I'm an old lady! hee hee. I do go back on Thursday. That's what I thought, but today when I asked the tech lady, she said 'I think Friday.' See..this is why I don't really like her. I know better than she does. hee hee. I did end up leaving soon after I got my signature made, so I think 3:15. I can go to work a little early in the morning to make up my 15 minutes. :) I like your new ticker too. So springlike and bright!

Now I'll be curious to see when we do end up going for an u/s. I left a message for the nurse, but I guess she's busy. I'll try calling her tomorrow after I make my appt. to get my second beta.

Terri - YAY!!! :wohoo: I am SOOOO happy for you!! Congratulations! That is a GREAT beta!!!

Terri- I'm still doing a happy dance for you:) my ultrasound was right at 6 weeks. Hindsight is 20/20 I think closer to 7 weeks is ideal just to save from the worry if heartbeat hasn't started yet.. Mine had just started but dr still made me come back for another US about 5 days later. To make sure things were progressing.

SARS- I agree with the other girls that your mom is probably just being cautious, she may even be trying not to show too much excitement in order to keep pressure off of you. I think just telling her you "thought she would be more excited" will help start the conversation y'all need. Btw I'm loving your US pic! Such a great profile pic!!!

Lady- a beach house would be amazing! I think yall are making a wise decision going with the move in ready one, I'm sure very soon you are going to have your lil sweet pea on the way and you will want a place you can just use. Just think of all the memories y'all will make:) my hubby basically grew up at his families beach house for Valentine's Day I got him a trip back to the house. (Family sold it 8 years ago) he was in heaven recalling memories.

Afm- baby is being so good! No bleeding, no ovary pain:)

How much weight have you girls gained? I still haven't gained any. Not complaining because baby seems to be fine but I expected a little by now.

I scheduled my u/s day of transfer...it ended up being closer to 7 weeks only because it was the only day available me & husband could go & that was open. Then I had another a week later which was my 8 week. So I guess typically it would have been 2 weeks apart. My office does not listen to heart beat or measure. I asked for it on the 2nd u/s & he reluctantly did it. Something about some people read too much in to the number & it can make them worry.

Sars - about your mom...I don't think my mom was truly excited & processing everything until the first u/s. Granted she had to process me having a baby after 12 years of no baby...she had no clue I wanted one & no idea about the IVF. So it was a lot for her. But I send her every u/s pic & she is excited every time. My mom is also a negative person sometimes because of the worry.

Oh jkb - so happy no more bleeding. I think I have gained 5 lbs. But it is hard to say. I don't think I am consistant on my scale. So I thought I had a big jump but then next day back down...I think it was my towel. I weigh after my shower. Sometimes a towel sometimes nothing. But I can see in my stomach where I have gained...also a little in my thighs. But I had extra weight to begin with. I really need to try to get active in this 2nd tri.

Last night I dreamed I had twin orange manx cats like the one I have at home. Who else is having crazy dreams? I think I have them every night!

Terri - in 2 weeks I assure you, you will def feel prego! It hit me like clock work & I think Booger too.

Terri- I'm still doing a happy dance for you:) my ultrasound was right at 6 weeks. Hindsight is 20/20 I think closer to 7 weeks is ideal just to save from the worry if heartbeat hasn't started yet.. Mine had just started but dr still made me come back for another US about 5 days later. To make sure things were progressing.

SARS- I agree with the other girls that your mom is probably just being cautious, she may even be trying not to show too much excitement in order to keep pressure off of you. I think just telling her you "thought she would be more excited" will help start the conversation y'all need. Btw I'm loving your US pic! Such a great profile pic!!!

Lady- a beach house would be amazing! I think yall are making a wise decision going with the move in ready one, I'm sure very soon you are going to have your lil sweet pea on the way and you will want a place you can just use. Just think of all the memories y'all will make:) my hubby basically grew up at his families beach house for Valentine's Day I got him a trip back to the house. (Family sold it 8 years ago) he was in heaven recalling memories.

Afm- baby is being so good! No bleeding, no ovary pain:)

How much weight have you girls gained? I still haven't gained any. Not complaining because baby seems to be fine but I expected a little by now.

Yeah, so happy things are improving. I hope it stays this way!

So I had my ob appt and I have gained 14lbs, not as much as last time, my hunger is not as bad as with Jack and I am more active when I come home chasing him around and cooking, giving him a bath...no rest for me until after 8/8:30 so it's a long day. I am also starting at a higher weight this time b/c I didn't lose it all. I would say I have heard the range of 18-40lbs depending on your starting weight. I also had my endocrinologist appt and am so annoyed. I was there an hr, and half the appt was her reading thru my chart and looking for lab results, what a waste of time. When she asked me to gown down to the lab it was 7:20 and the lab closes at 7. I rushed home and Jack was already asleep. I snuck into his room and stroked his hair...he didn't budge at all. He was out cold. I cried...I don't see him before I leave for work so if I don't see him at night it's a full 48 hrs of no Jack. Dh doesn't get it, sure he's disappointed if he's asleep when he comes home, but he has an hr w/ him in the morning. Seeing him when I come home is the highlight of my day. He is all excited, runs to me, smiles and gets so excited. It really is the best feeling in the world.

So this hospital internet has been killing me - off and on off and on...I finally was able to catch up and....

YAY Terri!!!! I thought about asking you in words - cause that stuff I can access but didn't...hey if Oliver had to come early for you to get your BFP then it was worth it!!!

AND - we go home this afternoon!!! Hopefully by the end of the week I can catch up properly and post some pics!! (and check all the other blogs...this is all I have time for now...)

So this hospital internet has been killing me - off and on off and on...I finally was able to catch up and....

YAY Terri!!!! I thought about asking you in words - cause that stuff I can access but didn't...hey if Oliver had to come early for you to get your BFP then it was worth it!!!

AND - we go home this afternoon!!! Hopefully by the end of the week I can catch up properly and post some pics!! (and check all the other blogs...this is all I have time for now...)

Rest up Moni and enjoy every second!! Can't wait for pics!

Moni-So many people were asking about you, and I didn't really want to steal your thunder, so I said that you had Oliver and because he was early he was in the NICU, but otherwise he's fine. I finally friended you on FB this morning to make sure that everything was ok. So happy you finally get to go home. You do what you have to do. We're not going anywhere. Thank you so much for the congrats, and yes, you needed to have little Oliver. It was time. HA!!HA!! I go back tomorrow to check on my hcg.

BabyW-Sorry you cried about not seeing Jack. At least he had a fun day yesterday, and you can see him tonight. And doctors all suck. They are so overbooked, always running late and never prepared it's ridiculous. We have to be there on time for our appointment, but they rarely are. I hope your results turned out ok.

beagle-I'm sure I'll be having something going on very soon, but right now I'm enjoying my energy and my food! hee hee. Tonight we'll be at Camden yards. I'm eating a small lunch so I can eat stadium food tonight. We haven't been out to eat in FOR-ever, so this will be like going out to eat. I'm not sure what I'm going to eat first. hee hee.

Hope everyone else is doing well. :wave: :flower:

Great beta, Terri! I can't believe this day is finally here! I hate nurses that know nothing...hee hee! My ultrasound was 7 weeks exactly. Enjoy your food tonight!

Moni he is so so adorable. I love his little face!

Jkb, I lost a lot of weight in the first trimester. 11 pounds! Then I gained it back when I could eat again. Now I'm at 28 pound weight gain. I'm a little touchy about my weight so I've been careful most of the pregnancy but I definitely love ice cream every other day at least.

My appt yesterday was good. The baby is BIG! The app says she should be 4 pounds this week...ugh try 5 pounds 4 ounces as of yesterday. No wonder she wants out. Lol it looked tight in there! My amniotic fluid is good and the baby has tons of hair. So yay!!! I'm on rest mode for 2 weeks. Then my dr gives me permission to get up whenever I want and do what I want. If the baby wants to come out then, she won't try and stop her. She warned me that sometimes after being put on bed rest she has to induce at 39 weeks. I'm like really? After all the contractions this kid better want to come out when she's allowed! So I just have to be bored 2 more weeks. Then I'm walking, bending, taking hot showers and baths and having sex. I don't care how big I am, he WILL have sex with me and like it! Lol! I am determined to end this pregnancy soon. It's been quite a ride.

Well my heart is once again broken. I just can't believe it. I went to my 10 week appointment today and there was no heartbeat. Even the Dr. was shocked. He said at this point the chance of miscarriage is only 2% and he was not expecting this. Sadly neither was I. I was completely caught off guard. I have to have another D&C. I honestly can't do this anymore. I feel completely defeated :cry:

Oh no Amy I'm so sorry! This is unbelievable. Does he have any idea why this is happening to you? I'm praying for you and DH. This stuff makes me so angry and sad. Take care of yourself this week.

Amy- Oh no!! I am so sad too. I can't believe that this has happened twice and just when you thought you were over the 7week hurdle. My heart is just breaking. :cry: :cry::cry:

I'm totally caught off guard too. I'm so, so sorry. I know my words are lame at a time like this, but please know you are in my prayers. :cry:

Well my heart is once again broken. I just can't believe it. I went to my 10 week appointment today and there was no heartbeat. Even the Dr. was shocked. He said at this point the chance of miscarriage is only 2% and he was not expecting this. Sadly neither was I. I was completely caught off guard. I have to have another D&C. I honestly can't do this anymore. I feel completely defeated :cry:

This is just too cruel for words. I thought you were in the clear. Have they talked about trying to find out the cause? My heart breaks for you. I wish there was something I could do. It's just not fair. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->