First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Ladies I had to share this because it is so ridiculous & any of us know this would probably never happen. We have kept seeing a commercial for Jane the Virgin...a show on the CW. The premise is a virgin is pregnant...so I had to look up how such a thing happened. So here is the synopsis.

Despite the conflicting influences of her mother and grandmother, Jane has managed to find a wonderful fiancé: a handsome, hard-working detective named Michael, who loves her enough to accept her detailed timeline for their future together and even her insistence on “saving herself” until they’re married. All of Jane’s meticulous life plans are turned upside down, however, when she sees her doctor for a routine check-up and is accidentally artificially inseminated with a specimen meant for the patient in the next room. Unbeknownst to her, the specimen belongs to Rafael, a reformed playboy and cancer survivor, who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works but also a former summer crush of hers.

Now I know we have all had different experiences...but there is NO WAY I would get an IUI during a pap & not know something crazy was up...a totally different experience. Although some women say they don't feel a thing...so I guess possible. But I love how perfect the timing was.

booger-I agree with Moni. Everyone has those thoughts. I had those thoughts and every day I was freaking out that they were going to call me and cancel the cycle. It's natural. The only thing is that it's not in your hands..you can do everything right, and you just won't know until you get that blood test or positive HPT showing a double line. Worrying isn't going to help. Just go with the flow and let things happen as they come. It'll be so great though when it's all done, and you've taken your last shot and put that last progesterone pill up your hoo ha. HA!!HA!! I know I can't wait!

beaglemom-Yeah, what a crazy premise to a story. I guess none of the tv execs have any good ideas anymore, apparently. Terrible.

Beagle - so did the other lady pay for an IUI and get a PAP - that would be the real travesty here...

Beagle - so did the other lady pay for an IUI and get a PAP - that would be the real travesty here...

That's true...a pap is covered by insurance!!! LOL!

I think the rest of it went on to talk about her decision to carry the baby or not & all those type complications...I didn't read it all.

Morning ladies! :flower:

Thanks for the reassurance that I haven't completely lost my mind. I think I'm stressing more than I need to because the deadline is looming for our decision on whether to pay for a single cycle or for they multi-cycle option. We still haven't made up our minds, obviously. Anyway, I do agree that stressing about it doesn't change anything so it's best to just let it go.

That show sounds ridiculous. We have been watching most of our TV lately using Netflix or Amazon Prime and they don't have commercials, thankfully. Sometimes I might be clueless as to what is the latest and greatest in terms of television shows but if it prevents me from seeing things like that, I'm grateful.

I am non cable/satellite at my house. Weird having cable on vacation.

It's looking like tonight will be my last night of Stims with trigger Monday night! I'm almost there and I'm so scared! Is it appropriate to ask for extra egg retrieval drugs? Lol I'm such a baby

Hello ladies,

How is everyone doing?

Sorry I have been MIA. We have been busy with the IVF prep things:wacko:. We found out that the insurance company covers everything except the chromosomes testing, which is fine. Our first appointment was 9/2/14 and it was just a session to discuss the next steps and what we need to do to get the ball rolling. on 9/5/14 I had a a AFC, Sonohysterogram and Mock transfer done. It was a little overwhelming but we got through it. The FS said my uterus was textbook perfect and he hadn't seen on like it in years. That made me feel good I think. I have 6 resting eggs in my left ovary and 7 in my right, he seemed very please with that. We are now waiting for the insurance company to approve the IVF which he said should be back in two weeks. Until then we have to complete an IVF talk class and and injection class which are all schedule within the next two weeks. I have feeling a little nervous and scared just because it seems like soo much but we will get through this. I think he said he will start me on my BC next week....I will have to double check that. I started vlogging which seems really cool and therapeutic. We decided to vlog the whole IVF journey for ourselves and others. A few ladies on Youtube that vlog their experience inspired us to do this. I found their vlogs very encouraging and informational so I hope mines can be the same for someone else. So after every appointment we will vlog if not while we are there. Well that's it for me, I am super excited and can't wait to see what's next. Also, this morning my temp was super high too early but not too worried about it.

JCM - Hooray! You're so close. It seems like it has gone well for you so far? Any update on follies and things like that? So excited (and nervous, too) for you. You'll do great at retrieval! :bodyb:

Brighteyez - Good to hear your RE appointment went well and that insurance is going to cover almost everything for you. What a relief! Have fun with your vlog - sounds interesting!

Moni - How are you feeling?

Beagle - Did you guys make it back from vacation okay? I hate going back to work after vacation so I hope going back isn't too rough for you. I think you said you have tomorrow off too. :yipee: I was reading blog last night and the author was talking about that show you mentioned and the ridiculousness of accidentally getting artificially inseminated. Made me laugh. :haha:

ERose - Have you had your transfer yet? :flower:

Terri - Hope you had a nice weekend! :hi:

I took my last birth control pill this morning. :happydance: Tomorrow morning I have to go in and get baseline bloodwork done. It should be an interesting morning as I have to drive almost an hour to get it drawn since the local lab can't get STAT results. They open at 6:30 am which is when I plan on being there. :coffee: I need to be back in my town by 8:00 to drop one of our dogs off to get her stinky teeth cleaned. DH has been way out in the Wilderness since last week on a wildfire........ I was hoping he'd be back by tomorrow so he could deal with the dog but I have no idea when he is coming back. All I know is that he had better be back by Friday as that is when he is supposed to start his antibiotic!

Hi girls, sorry I've been MIA for several days. Been slammed at work again, so no time to play. And then evenings, the last thing I've felt like doing is getting back on computer or iPad at home lately. The weekend rejuvenated me some, so thought I'd check in. :flower:

Moni, I'm so happy your numbers look good. :happydance: Sooo happy it all worked out for you. So, next b/w and scan in a couple days, right?? This is so exciting!! I knew that little embie was gonna grow once inside mommy's belly. :flower:

Brighteyez, glad your appt went well! Wow, starting IVF soon, wuhu! I'm glad you got good news about your insurance too. I'm excited you're getting started soon!! :flower:

Booger, I'm excited you'll be stimming in a few days!! Very exciting! Also exciting that your FET will be Nov... It'll be here before you know it. And btw, I agree w/ the others about the scary thoughts running thru your mind... I think it's only natural... Those thoughts probably run thru everyone's heads when they're doing this. I did that too, but when I realized how anxious it made me and how it was out of my hands, I made a conscious effort to let go of the steering wheel and remind myself that what's meant to happen will happen, and from that point I thought only positive thoughts. :flower:

Jen, sorry about all the hassles you've had w/ your meds, but sounds like everything has worked out, thanks goodness. Your clinic is taking good care of you, so that's wonderful! Wow, trigger time tomorrow! Have you decided to do a fresh transfer, or are you waiting to see how many embies you get? (Sorry if I missed a recent post on that!)

Terri, glad you had fun at the game! I love going to sporting events live. My family and I were up in Chicago for a cousin's wedding last year, and I got tix to a Bears game at Soldier Field while we were there. We got lucky finding tix since the stadium sells out every year, but it was a great, memorable day for my dad and me. :) So let's see... Are you about a week into BCP now? You'll be stimming before you know it too.:thumbup:

Beagle, sounds like your vaca was wonderful and relaxing. Perfect timing too. Fxd that this cycle holds a nice happy natural surprise for you.:thumbup:

AFM, I'm now up to 4 E patches, and I had my appt a few days ago, which was to determine when I'd start the P supps and schedule the FET (FET is usually a week after that last appt). She wanted my lining to be just a tad thicker on its own before starting the P. Just 1-2mm thicker, and I'll be ready. So I'm going back on Tues for one more scan and bloodwork, and they'll likely have me start the P on Thurs, with FET the following Tues now, the 16th. My E is SO much better since I didn't have to do all the STIMs this cycle. Physically, I feel like my body is just in a much better place, so I'm just feeling really good about this one. It just feels like my body is ready and the timing is right. :) Fxd that my instincts are right!

Another thing I'm kinda happy about is no trigger this time, so I can test when I want without worrying about getting rid of that first. Seems like it stayed in my system longer last time than it did for my IUIs. So none of that this time. I'm not waiting 14 days.... The embies already have 5 days head-start before they're even put in, so lots of women seem to get BFPs about 8-10 days after transfer. Moni, your level was almost 50 at 9dp5dt, right? That's probably high enough to show up on most HPTs, and with a 5-day old embie, it's sorta like being 14dpo anyway. So I may start testing then.

Vacation was great. My dogs are still recovering...lol! I guess I am too because I have been doing nothing all weekend...I feel guilty about it since my husband has been at work. I am trying to get motivated, but it is hard with thunderstorms all day. I am of tomorrow too with my husband so not sure if we will spend the day doing something or just be at home.

Erin - I know this cycle is going to be it for you...your body is in a much better place...good luck!

I am so excited for everyone's cycle. I am jealous I am not at the same point yet. I am hoping to hear back from the grant soon to let me know they received my application. I have not been counting days or anything...I am hoping to keep on that path until I can start IVF...not stressing over it. I will be coming back to a lot at work on Tuesday. We do a banquet every year that I will be handling & it is so awful & time consuming!

Brighteyez - what is your youtube channel? I would love to watch.

Good luck everyone!

Great news about the insurance Brighteyez!! What a relief. Sounds like your office is super organized. I love that.
Booger, I hope your Stims go by quickly! I was dreading it thinking it would feel like forever but it kind of flew by!
Erin, I'm going to attempt a fresh transfer as long as I'm looking good after retrieval. I've got about 7 follicles on each side measuring around 15mm for the most part. (U/S was yesterday) I've got another check tomorrow afternoon. Hoping I'm looking good tomorrow so I can get this over with! My lining is 9.6 and as long as the follicles grow like they're supposed to, I'll have my transfer the day before you have yours! It's possible if he doesn't think I'm ready we would push the retrieval to Thursday...I'm just relieved it's finally here!
Hi Beagle and Terri! Hope you all had a good weekend!

Yay for everyone! I've been at parties all day today, so I'm pretty beat. Just super excited about football, honestly. Yeah!! I can keep my mind occupied with my fantasy lineups and such. And school started for real this past week so I'll be on the computer a lot.

Not much going on here. I'm one week into BCPs and just waiting. I'm really excited about everyone's cycles this time. We had one success; I'm hoping all the rest of us are lucky this cycle too. Looks like I'll be bringing up the rear, and that's fine. I can send all my little birds into the big, wondeful pregnancy world and I'll stay behind. <3.

Talk soon!

Erin - very excited for you. Yeah 9dp5pt is basically 14dpo...when I got home that night I took a couple of tests and the digital came right up - the line on the wondfo was still light but was definitely there... I probably would have been fine testing on my own 2 days earlier - but I was terrified to do so.

I have my first scan and more blood work tomorrow - I'm only at 5 weeks, so not going to see much but having hubby come with me just in case. I've had a couple of headache free days...I think it might have been spicy food triggering the headaches so I have stayed away from that since Friday...again it could all be in my head. I took one more wondfo on Friday and it was nice and dark...I feel good about this now. My best friend from high school (who is due to pop any minute now) sent me her 2 favorite books and I started reading them. The only scary thing is so many people knew we were going through the process since we had to leave the pig roast early - so a lot of people know my status - and I hope that doesn't jinx me!

Yay Jen, looks like we'll probably be in our TWW together then. Fun! :)

Moni, I feel sure that you and LO are fine! Your beta is good and your HPTs got dark. I'm just plain excited for you!!

Terri, I hear ya! I'm so happy football is finally here!

beagle, glad your vaca went so well. :) Hopefully you're taking it easy today before you get back to work. Its tough to get motivated at work after a nice vacation!

Hi to booger and brighteyez!

Well we decided to go shopping over an hour away where there is a buy buy baby. You guys ever hear of it? I saw it on a blob so checking it out. Can't wait to go nuts one day at a baby store. It is raining all over today. I am dreading work tomorrow. Oh well.

So husband and I are trying to get dedicated to a better diet and losing weight. Hopefully we are successful.

Hello ladies!!

How is everyone?

ERose I am supper excited.

Beagle - here's the https://youtu.be/1L1J_wD9Fs0 please subscribe. I am enjoy feedback and tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->