First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

oh I forgot to mention last weeks quote of the week by hubby:
"My boys can't swim but they can still knock a girl up!!"

I love this guy!

Confessions of a BNB stalker...

Ok it's time for me to fess up... Hi, my name is Amy and I'm a stalker-holic. I've been BNB stalking for months now... and when I say months I mean like 9 :) I even followed some of you on the over 35 threads. I know, I know my stalking knows no bounds. I feel like I know so many of you already (terripeachy, ERosePW, beaglemom, moni77, booger76, etc). The reason I have forced myself to finally get over my virtual shyness is because I feel like I owe it to you guys. Being a witness to your journeys has helped me sooo much. I have learned far more on these threads than from anything I've read or even from my own RE. I just wanted you guys to know how much you help others without even realizing it. You have educated me, comforted me, validated my fears, encouraged my hopes, and I didn't want all that to go unappreciated any longer. I know I can't be the only lurker out there you have helped just by sharing :)

So to tell you a little about myself (since I know so much about all of you already). My name is Amy, I'm 38 and my DH is 42. We have been living together for 7 years, married for 1 year and trying to conceive for 1 year. My OB-GYN did the initial tests; blood work, HSG, and semen analysis. These tests got us promptly referred to our RE because of low motility and low morphology. We have been fast tracked straight to IVF, skipping medicated cycles and IUI's. This was our RE's recommendation but also our decision since my insurance doesn't cover any infertility treatments and we didn't want to waste a bunch of money on treatments with a less than 10% chance of success. The RE was pretty happy with my initial ultrasound saying I had plenty of eggs for my age and that from what he has seen so far we were ideal candidates (we'll see what happens when we finally get down to business though). I am just waiting for my AF to start in about 2 weeks, so I can start my birth control pills. So while I'm still a little ways out, I'm not too far behind some of you.

Thank you for reading my super long and overdue post. Congratulations moni77, I'm so happy for you.. and good luck and lots of baby dust to everyone else. I wish everyone lots of love and success!!

Good luck Amy. Sounds like a good plan. The time will fly and retrieval will be here before you know it. I am hoping to be right behind you.

My husband asked me when I'm testing. I'm not holding out hope and not even thinking about testing. But i guess this time next week if no af. No p this cycle so nothing to delay it. Hoping for a normal 28 days.

Hi Amy! Your message was so sweet and thoughtful, and it makes me feel good that our roller coaster stories have helped you so much. :flower: Thanks for jumping in, and I really hope you'll stick around and keep us posted, because I like you already. :winkwink: So welcome to the thread!

So two more weeks for AF, and then you're starting BCP.... maybe you'll get lucky this cycle and get a surprise BFP. :) But if not, GL and FXd for your IVF! We're all at various points in our IVF journeys, so no doubt you'll probably be right there with someone on this thread!

Oh, btw, I'm Erin (although you probably already know that if you've been stalking for nine months, hehe!)

Hi ladies!

I am dragging today.......:sleep:

JCM and Erose - That's pretty cool that you two ladies will be in the TWW together! :happydance:

JCM - How did your scan go today? Is the plan still for you to trigger tonight? Sounds like your follies are doing pretty well.

ERose - Just a little over a week to go! Things are getting pretty busy around here. I'm so excited for everyone. I hope your scan goes well tomorrow and your lining is right where it's supposed to be.

Beagle - I haven't heard of Buy Buy Baby - what is it? You're brave! I've been too scared to purchase any baby related items. I think it's great that you guys look together though. I can't even will myself to go to the baby sections of stores. Not sure why - I'm not usually superstitious or anything like that.

Moni - Good luck tomorrow! Not that you need luck. It sounds like things are going well. :cloud9:

Terri - Glad you got a bunch of football watching in over the weekend. I know you are an Os fan for baseball but who is your football team?

Hi, Brighteyez!

I had my first blood draw this morning. I was the first at the lab right when they opened. :haha: The lab guy looked at my paperwork and said "You're just getting started on this train, huh?" Made me chuckle.

Hope everyone had a great day!

Welcome, Amy!! :flower: It's funny to see your name because that's my real name, too.

Don't feel bad for stalking - I think it's quite normal. I stalk a couple of other threads too.

Keep us posted on how things go. Your story sounds so similar to mine, it's like I could have written it.

Buy Buy Baby is similar to Babies R Us. I have to say after visiting today, I think I like it way more than Babies R Us. No purchases today. I often look through Target for clearance & this used store called Once Upon a Child...it is a chain, so look for that near you as well.

I have a stroller that was too good to pass up...Eddie Bauer $300 for $70...some stuffed animals, picture frames, wall art, blankets. I am at the point now I can't buy anything else until I am pregnant & know the sex. So now I just look for deals that I will know I need like a crib or furniture.

As far as buying the stuff, my motto is do what makes you comfortable & happy. Some women get upset looking at the stuff month after month. I actually boxed up stuff after we quit trying years ago. I thought I had given it to Goodwill, but my husband just came across it in the attic...nice surprise. Anyways, this go round we knew we were going til the end, so I have no doubts I will be pregnant one day soon.

Oh I just went to the bathroom & saw a small amount of brown spotting. I know it doesn't mean I am out, but pretty sure this is not my month. I am still considering doing a monitored cycle with meds but no IUI so my insurance will cover it...one last hurrah before the IVF cycle. It would cost very little...still undecided on that...but it is a better option than just a natural cycle.

Of course I'm a Ravens fan. *sigh* The news is killing the entire city this afternoon. Everyone is so appalled at what Ray Rice did. He got what he deserved, however and many, many people agree.

Hi Amy and welcome. Don't feel bad. I stalked for a few months too and read threads that were hundreds of pages and finally signed in and spoke up! It's fun having friends. Hee hee. I'm really excited for your 'out and proud' journey. Btw, how long will you be on BCPs? Best of luck, Sunshine.

Welcome Amy. I think we all did the same thing! Gladthings are movingforward for you...

I just saw that in the news, Terri. I had forgotten about the Ravens! I was going through NFL teams in my mind and couldn't think of what Baltimore's team was. The whole thing sounds pretty terrible. Spousal abuse is horrible and I hope his punishment sets precedent.

Hahaha, Terri, I saw this news on my Facebook and you popped into my head and I actually said out loud "I bet Terri is mad about this". I affiliate you with football now! I don't really watch it but I love to yell at the tv when hubby does. It makes him laugh.

Hi Amy! Nice to "meet" you and welcome. Hopefully your ivf process goes by smooth and quick!

Erin so excited we get to be buddies this month! I hope my tww is as fast as Stims were!

So to answer Boogers question... My scan was ok I guess. I have 4 really great looking follicles and the others are just kind of hangin around not really doing much since Saturday. Stuck at 14mm. Booooo. But! My lining is looking really great at 9.7 so he's waiting on my bloodwork from this morning to decide 1. Be greedy and keep me stimming one more day and possibly get more follicle growth (which could screw up my "beautiful lining" if we push it off a day) or 2. Let me trigger, get 4 awesome eggs and maybe 2 or 3 more on retrieval day. Decisions decisions. Glad I don't have to make the final one! So...I wait...some more. Because I'm so good at it right!?

Oh, and I'm obsessed with BuyBuy Baby! Plus I have a Once Upon a Child by my house! I just actually made like 65 bucks off of my stepsons pants he's already grown out of! Plus, my almost 5 year old stepdaughter has me buying clothes for her every week. Stay one size for more than a month!!! Geez! Lol

I have a shopping problem.

Welp! Trigger it is tonight! I'm so excited! Plus nervous. I hope my mediocre follies decide to do something big in the next 36 hours!!!

Yeah Jen!! The follies always surprise us so I'm sure they'll start cooking now! Hee hee.

That's funny that you yell at the players on the football games. Now that I play fantasy I always have someone to cheer for in each game and then I'm mad when hey don't throw the ball to my guy. Hee hee. It's too much.

Oh and finally, the drugs they gave me for retrieval were awesome. I remember saying 'I'm feeling woozy here we go.' Next thing I was back in the room where I started prior to going to retrieval. It was a crazy time travel experience. No pain either. Just walked a little slow. Your drugs will be just fine.

I'm hoping I don't remember a thing! They mentioned they will give me stuff for nausea. Thank god because I have a tough time handling any pain meds. I always barf! Lol

Good luck , Jen! Hope that trigger shot wasn't too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->