First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

My appointment is tomorrow. The PIO shots are still going - sometimes they hurt, sometimes not, sometimes they bleed, sometimes not - we have not figured out any sort of pattern. I tried to do some squats the other day - engaging those muscles definitely hurts!

I had a headache the first week of stims as well - it got pretty bad. I then had a headache the second week of the 2ww - so I now look at them as good signs!

JCM - excited for later...

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to everyone :hi:

Jen - Good Luck today!!! YAY!!

This is going to be super quick because the Os are doing awesome, and I'm trying to watch as much as I can. Sorry to the Yankee fans who lost 3/4 this weekend. :haha:

I enjoyed my weekend break away from BnB. hee hee. I did get all my schoolwork done though, so I accomplished something. Now I just have to try and catch up with everyone.

Jen-Good luck today, and let us know how it goes. I'll have to reread everything later.

Moni-The pain will be worth it in the end. You can do this!!

AFM (as for me), my insurance for my meds was giving me a TIME. They still don't know whether I'm out of money or not. STUPID! So...I had to pay for most of my meds out of pocket, and I will be sending in the reimbursement just in case they somehow find that I have some extra money in the "bank." I called my medical insurance, and I have plenty there for ultrasounds and such, so that's great, and I'm happy about that. Also, one of my meds has rebates, so I'll be sending that in too. I don't get new prescription insurance until January, so I'll be out of pocket until then. Kind of sucky, but hopefully once this baby arrives, I won't have to take a lot of meds. Who knows...whatever..It's so stupid. The worst part is that i'll have to cut back on my eating out with friends. I know, no biggie for most, but I LOVE eating out. Cooking too, but eating out with friends is much more fun. Maybe I'll have to start hosting potlucks or something. hee hee. UGH!! The menu tonight has my new favorite, cornbread with jalapeños and cheese, alongside chicken/bacon/ranch pasta. The cornbread will get me through the week. I also made hard boiled eggs and bought cereal for breakfast/snacks. This is my new life. Oh...BCP is done, and I have my first bloodwork and ultrasound tomorrow. Game on! I miss you guys.

Now that I've read back, I can respond a little more thoroughly.

booger-Glad things are sounding good, and sorry your DH isn't there to help you do your shots. I kind of made my hubs at least stand there with me. He was supposed to be responsible for the trigger shot in my backside, but it ended up that he went to the Ravens game, and I did it by myself. He did do a practice Menopur shot though because he was nervous every time I did my shots. The nurse drew a big circle on my butt so I could see it, and I just went for it. It didn't hurt at all. The Ganirelix needle is a little dull. I had to really push it in, but once it was in, I didn't feel stinging at all. It was my second favorite shot. The Gonal-F/Follistim was my fave because that didn't feel like anything, followed by the Ganirelix. The menopur was sometimes stingy, and other times not at all. Although the trigger shot was ultimately the best because that was the last one. Who knows...
Oh, so I was watching College Gameday on Saturday, and they were in Fargo, ND of all places. Someone had a sign "I'm only missing DEER opening to be on Gameday." I thought that was pretty funny. My hubs was mad that they were in Fargo because I guess in the past they have gone to cities with big games. I said 'Everyone deserves a chance to be on the show, so stop complaining.' hee hee. He thinks everything should stay the same as it always is, no matter what. He lives in a bubble sometimes.

beagle-Woop woop! I don't want to hear about spotting. I hope AF stays away for good. I'm not even going to mention your application because you won't need it. That last sentence doesn't count. HA!!HA!!

ERose-Ok...Thursday it is! Can't wait to hear how it goes. You, beagle and Jen will be bump buddies. yay!!

Moni-Is tomorrow the heartbeat test? I hope so. SO. FREAKING. EXCITING.

Amy/brighteyez-Hope you ladies are doing well.

I now realize that I still have jalapeño pepper on my hands and my eyes are stinging..what are the odds? hee hee. I guess I better eat a piece and then wash my hands. :)

I told my husband I had not started my period. He said well pregnant women don't get their period...don't you know anything? :) We will see.

Everything went perfect! Had my acupuncture before and after the procedure. Super relaxed. Not uncomfortable at all besides the full bladder. But then I peed right after! Doc says carry on with normal life just no heavy lifting. DH took me to my favorite lunch place, I had some frozen yogurt and now we are watching funny movies together! I transferred two but they were at about 4 1/2 days so slow growers I guess. The other 3 are still hanging on but shortly behind the "chosen ones" so they will see how they are doing one more day in the incubator and then try and freeze them! Hooray! Now I wait til the 26th for my blood test and start my vitamins back up, take a break from heparin shots (yay) and start progesterone and estradiol vaginally tomorrow. I feel good.

Yay jcm! My little chimmi was a littlebehind as well...and she'll hopefully have a heart beat tomorrow...

Awesome news, Jen. I think this time I will not sit around for two days. Of course, it depends on which day my transfer falls. Now I can't wait for the 26th!

Glad to hear that everything went well JCM.

Terri - I can't wait for the 26th for you EITHER! :)

Moni - Good luck at your appointment today! :)

Beagle - :af: :af: :af: :)

We have a heartbeat!! It was beautiful! :happydance:

Ugh, the photo is too large - how do I change the size?

Measuring 6w1d - so 1 day behind due to the embie being a little behind - EDD May 11, 2015!!

YAY for heartbeat! It's absolutely the greatest sound in the world isn't it? Are you going to get yourself a pregnancy journal so I can properly stalk you? :winkwink:

Moni, have you tried photobucket to upload your photo? I normally don't have a problem with size with photobucket.

Wahoo, Moni! :happydance: Fantastic! :flower:

Jen - Glad the transfer of the "Chosen Ones" went well. Excited for you too! :happydance:

Terri - That sign at GameDay doesn't surprise me. It's crazy how into hunting people are around here. I usually think that anything that gets people outside is a good thing but when I see people wearing camouflage at weddings (on the wedding dress!), I think things might have gone a little too far.......but to each her own. Just not my thing. I'm sorry your medication may not be covered by insurance. That's no small thing. If it isn't, do you have time (or have you already) shopped around to see if you can find it cheaper? I know the difference in prices I was shown was huge between paying out of pocket vs. covered by insurance. Which is another rant I could go off on but won't! Only a few more days and you'll be a human pin cushion again.

Beagle - What's the news today? Hopefully, no :witch:. :af::af::af:

Hello to kfs, brighteyez, Amy and Erin!!!

I'm in a good mood today! Not that that is an unusual occurrence or anything but my work lately has been bringing me down and today, I'm feeling positive, so that's good.

My RE must have liked what he saw from the the monitoring results yesterday because my nurse called to tell me to keep all my medication the same for now. The shots have definitely gotten easier since the first one. I don't even really feel them. Still a little nervous for the Ganirelix when it comes time but I have read that other than the dull needle, it's not painful. I hope that's the case.

I head to the town my clinic is in tonight. My RE only allows me to do the first two monitoring appointments out of town and then he wants you at his clinic for the rest of the cycle. I'll be making the 4-hour trek this evening after work and make myself cozy in a hotel for the next week. DH is staying behind to take care of the dogs. He'll come over on Sunday or Monday depending on how things go.

Not sure about the journal - I'll think about it.

Here we go - I had 2 pics combined, but if I separate them they work...go figure.

Attachments

• HB.jpg
    HB.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG0136[1].jpg
    IMAG0136[1].jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 5
Yay Moni!!! Looks fantastic! So exciting!

Booger, you get a little vacation while you're doing all of this! Fun! It will be quick. Are you just traveling back and forth to work?

Hoping for no AF beagle!! I'm anxiously waiting over here

Good morning to everyone else! So, I'm sitting on my couch yesterday feeling good on the Valium I had for transfer yesterday and what do I see walk right up to my door from my backyard? Oh, a bobcat. I thought I was seeing things so I smacked my husbands arm yelling about it...yep for sure a bobcat. I was only worried about coyotes, owls and snakes for my little puppies. No a big cat! Crazy!!!

[URL=https://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jenldomer/media/imagejpg2_zps3986f7f5.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah173/jenldomer/imagejpg2_zps3986f7f5.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Isn't this crazy???

[URL=https://s1380.photobucket.com/user/jenldomer/media/imagejpg1_zps0638eddb.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah173/jenldomer/imagejpg1_zps0638eddb.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
Theses are my little babies!

Great pictures, Moni!!!

Jen - Wow! Yep, that's a bobcat for sure. :o I would definitely not let your dogs out unsupervised in the immediate future. I found this for you on the AZ Game and Fish Department's website:

To discourage a bobcat, immediately:

• Scare off with loud noises or spray with a garden hose.
  • If the animal is confined, open a gate, have all people leave the area, and allow it to leave on its own. If it is still confined the following day, or trapped inside a residence, contact a wildlife control business or the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
  • Check for kittens in the area, and if kittens are there, then consider tolerating them for a few weeks until the kittens are large enough to leave the area with their mother.

So maybe if it comes back, you can spray it with a garden hose? Haha! They make is sound like it's so easy to just run out into your backyard when there is wild animal in it. There was also this:

Remember, removal is usually a last resort:
Bobcats tend to be abundant where food is plentiful, and different bobcats will keep visiting the same area if attractants aren't removed. Homeowners may trap and relocate the animal, but should contact the Arizona Game and Fish Department for an appropriate release location before transporting the animal. For a fee, wildlife control businesses will remove animals from the property.

To prevent further problems:

• Keep domestic animals (dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, rodents, etc.) in a secured enclosure with a sturdy roof.
  • Feed your pets inside, or remove uneaten pet food between feedings.
  • Close or patch openings in fences.
  • Keep shrubbery, grass, etc. trimmed to deny bobcats hiding cover.
  • Deny access to bobcats by putting up fencing. However, since bobcats can jump up to 12 feet, a 6-foot fence may not deter them if they are attracted to something in the yard.
  • Work with your neighbors to achieve a consistent solution to the situation.
  • Look for products that can be used as helpful animal deterrents.

Hopefully, he was just passing through....here is a link to the website I was using https://www.azgfd.gov/w_c/urban_bobcat.shtml

Sorry - I'm kind of nerd when it comes to this stuff. I may or may not work for a public land management agency.

Wow!! Definitely keep the pups inside!

Haha thanks, booger! I have my garden hose ready! Could you just see me out there spraying a giant cat? Hilarious.

Soooo my other 3 embryos stalled too much and didn't make it. Oh well! Hopefully the two in there are planning on getting nice and comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->