First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Happy Anniversary KFS!! Be careful about the switch in insurances - a lot of insurances out there will NOT cover IVF, so make sure you specifically ask about that.

Doing well- anxious for next week's scan - I need to see that heartbeat. Well I had my first dose of "pregnancy brain" (which I thought didn't exist, but I am using the excuse anyway!) I had a doctor appointment with my PCP this morning at 7:15 - I remembered it after hitting snooze for the second time at 7:30...totally forgot that I had to wake up early to go to the docs...and its not like I'm not used to going to the docs - I've been to the RE probably about 15 times in th last month. Oh well - since I am feeling pretty symptom free this week - Iam taking the pregnancy brain as my sign that things are still going well!

Moni - pregnancy brain is def a thing! And it is something I am so scared of. I can be a little scattered at work anyways when things are hectic. And I work in a place where mistakes can be disasters!

I am feeling a bit bitchy & some dull cramps...feeling out this cycle...no surprise...but I will probably save the HPT & not test early this cycle.

WARNING: random rant not TTC related...feel free to ignore post.

Good evening ladies. I hope you are all having a relaxing Friday night. I left work at 7 rather than 5. I was stuffing envelopes for a stupid banquet we have every year. I expected them to be done early today, but instead did not get them until like 4...double ugh. And I made some remark to my boss...so now I am pretty sure he thinks I have an attitude problem. I just feel so tired of all the crap lately. He is always occupied with other things...repeatedly asks me things that I already told him...questions things I do even though I told him what I did before I did it...then he thinks it's funny that I am all wound up & stressed over invitations. It just seems to be everything. He is oblivious to the world. I am not his damn wife. He does such childish things. Like we are all supposed to buy a case of water & share it. So if we are low on water, all 3 of us buy a case. Well me & the other guy do it. But the last time I had water in my car...I let the water run out so he was forced to buy one. So I brought mine in because we were out & figured he wasn't buying any. Well he brought his in too & was like I bought water but now we have water. So he thinks if there is water, he doesn't have to buy any. He also makes comments when there is no water in the fridge. Well when I take one out, I put one in. Everyone else just takes & takes. He also brought cheesecake back from some lunch...I said I didn't want it so he put it in the fridge. Just FYI, we have a small college dorm type fridge. Anyways...I went on VACATION from a Fri - Mon...came back Tues & it was still there! I left it there. He finally threw it out yesterday. He is such a child. Ugh.

Anyways...sorry guys...just tired, frustrated, & I think AF is coming because I almost cried on my way home from work.

Beaglemom - I'm sorry you're so frustrated and tired and just plain having a hard time right now. I hope things start getting less stressful for you. Just hang in there. Maybe get a massage this weekend :) I think that's something all of us here can benefit from every once in a while!

Hi ladies!

I know the weekends are usually pretty dead around here but I thought I'd pop in since I have a little time this morning. Get out there and enjoy your weekend if you can!

Beagle - I'm sorry you had such a crappy afternoon yesterday. Work frustrations seem to be amplified during already stressful times. Your boss sounds annoying - especially with the questioning of everything you do. I'm not sure if this is one of those situations you just tolerate or if you need to speak with him about your work situation. Only you know when is the best time to do that. I hope you're having a better day today! :flower: I also hope that AF hasn't shown her ugly face. :hugs:

kfs - Did you guys do anything fun or romantic for your anniversary?

JCM - How are you feeling? Any updates?

Amy - I hear you on the alcohol thing. I don't remember my nurse saying anything about caffeine so I'm going to pretend that she didn't. :winkwink: I only have one cup of coffee in the morning anyway and I really cannot fathom not having it. The thought of that cup of coffee is what helps me drag my sleepy self out of bed in the morning. I guess if they explicitly tell me I can't have it (and I'm afraid to ask them now) I would stop but I can't honestly see the harm in one cup. But that's just me trying to rationalize my behavior. :haha: The other drug discount program was a called First Steps and it's through the DesignRx program. You fill out an application and they can give you a discount of 5%, 25%, 50% or 75% off. Unfortunately, we didn't qualify for that one but it's certainly worth looking into!

Terri - Did you ever get your medication situation figured out?

Moni - I liked your first pregnancy brain story! I'm sure you also did it because you're tired, which is another early pregnancy symptom I read a lot about. Excited for your scan next week. Hearing that heartbeat is going to be amazing.

ERose and Brighteyez - Hello!

I survived my first two sets of shots. I started the Follistim and low-dose hCG last night. The Follistim pen was a breeze. For the low-dose hCG you use an insulin needle, which was also pretty easy, but I think I was so nervous that I pushed in the plunger a little too quickly. It didn't really hurt but tonight I'll try to do it a little more slowly to see if I can avoid the bruise. It's really too bad that all medications can't use a pen like the Follistim. I don't even feel that going into my tummy.

I did the shots by myself as DH is out hunting/camping. *Side rant- Hunting season officially started last week and in Montana, it seems like everything has to revolve around it. I'm not even kidding - it is ridiculous. It almost feels like a sacred, religious time of year the way people adjust their schedules for it. I don't mind that he goes as the end result is nice to have in the freezer (Sorry if any of you are anti-hunting :blush:)*

Anyway, the point is that at first I was a little annoyed that he wasn't going to be around. My plan was always to administer them myself but I thought I might need a little pep talk or something to actually do it the first time. In the end, I think I'm glad he was out of the house as it kind of forced me to just do it and not fret over them.

Sorry that turned out to be a long post! I guess I'm a little wordy this morning. :shy:

Booger I was on follistim with my IUIs...I thought it was so easy to use. I hope to use this for IVF as well since I know my body responds well to it. As far as the shots go, I recommend you use an ice cube on the area before the shot. It numbs the area & the shot is barely felt...it also helps a lot with bruising.

I took a test today...so dumb...negative of course. But I had this weird pinch/pulling/ache on my right side near my ovaries. Also still no brown spotting which I always get (except when I was taking P)...sometimes up to a week before AF...so far I had a tiny amount one time a few days ago. I hope if she does show it is Monday at the latest. I have to be in the area of my dr for class Tues & wed so would love to do my baseline one of those days so I don't have to miss work.

Hey all!
Amy, a massage sounds great! I might go get a pedicure and a facial this weekend with my mom!
Beagle, I'm really hoping AF stays away for you. It would be such a fun surprise!

Yay Booger! Glad you started. I used to get really itchy after injections so I would sometimes take Benadryl if I was already in a crappy mood that day cause the itching made me even crappier. Itchy bruises are no fun! My husband hunts too! He's doing a trip in November and probably some smaller trips here and there. It does get annoying when he's gone but we also have a freezer of buffalo in the garage that feeds all of these stepkids I have running around. They are all going through growth spurts it seems and I'm running out of things to cook!

Moni, love that you have prego brain. Makes it seem so real! Plus a little funny.

Terri, I know you're pumped for football!

Hi to Erin, kfs (happy anniversary!) and Brighteyez!

Me: almost transfer day!!! I had a little mild OHSS on Thursday/Friday. I was feeling pretty yucky all day (diarrhea like I was in the bathroom about 30 times, weight gain, high temp and heart rate). I got scared but talked with my nurse and doc and they said as long as we get it to where I'm feeling better we can keep the transfer. I'm feeling better today!! Just a little bloated but my weight is going down so that's a good sign! I'm so super excited for Monday! Wooohoooo! My stepkids are here this weekend so I'm keeping busy. Rugby practice, peter piper, swimming, and play dates for each kid. Come ON Monday!

So I actually ended up preferring to do the stomach injections myself. Hubby is stuckdoing the progesterone because I can't see my rear end. Hope those end soon.

I could not let him do my injections. Not sure how the ivf injections would go.

Brown spotting today. Just waiting it out.

Jen, is today the big day for you?? GL hun!!!! Let us know how it goes when you're back home and snug.

beagle, sorry you got a BFN. Are you still testing, or are you just waiting for AF?

booger, sorry you were needing to rant after doing your injections... Like you, I did all subcutaneous shots myself, but I understand what you mean about thinking maybe DH should be around for a pep talk or something, hehe. It seems like we shouldn't have to be doing ALL this ourselves. But after a couple days, I honestly just went into the bathroom to get it done quickly and didnt mind if he wasn't around. We ended up bonding with the P in Oil injections, LOL. He had to do them because I couldn't see back there, and since he didnt want to be doing them any more than I wanted to be getting them, it was a bonding experience for us. LOL How are you doing now?

Moni, I love that you're having pregnancy brain! :thumbup:

Terri, what are your plans for your meds now? Will you be talking to your insurance company again today?? Makes me think I should probably look into how close I am to being maxed out on mine as well.

Hi Brighteyez, how are things with you??

AFM, yesterday I started an antibiotic, a steroid, and my P gel. Still using 4 E patches, changed every other day. FET is scheduled for Thurs at noon. So nothing else new. Just waiting!

Today's the day!!! So excited! I can't believe I'm finally here! I'm going in this afternoon. So funny because I'm actually feeling more normal than I have in months. My body feels like my body again. Plus I'm almost back to normal weight and no bloating so I feel good about a fresh transfer. Thank goodness my doc only does 5 day transfers. Bring on the progesterone and estradiol! Lol!

ERose - everything is great just waiting for AF to start. How are you doing?

Jen - very excited for you!

I am still waiting on AF. I was so sure it would show this morning...so far nothing except very light spotting. I am feeling a little bit of cramping but not much. I am just waiting it out at this point. If nothing by tomorrow I may test again. It is just frustrating being in this limbo...and I have other things waiting on this. My luck I will start late & have to make another trip to my dr. I was hoping to get it in tomorrow or Wed because I will be in town for a work class anyways. I do not want to make another hour trip this week. I hate my body not cooperating. Before all this I was never late...it was always 28-30 day cycles...& AF always showed early in the AM (like 3 am). Now I have no idea what to expect. I guess my O date could have been off...so my LP is off...I don't know.

Anyways...enough ramblings from me... :)

Hi ladies!

Good luck today, Jen! So excited for you. :flower:

Beagle - How are you doing today? Feeling any better or did AF show up in full force?

Erin - You are so close! Things are very busy and exciting around here with the flurry of activity we are having. You and Jen are going to be pretty close to each other in the TWW. :happydance: I am feeling better. Thanks. The injections have become a breeze already, which is good. It's likely I'm going to have to add Ganirelix in there at some point which I hear has a dull needle (nice!) so I'm not looking forward to that but I guess we do what we gotta do, right?

Moni - How are those PIO shots going? You have a scan this week but I can't remember what day. Good luck!

How is everyone else doing???

I had an ultrasound this morning; the first one since starting injections on Friday. Things are looking okay with around 14 or so follicles total. Kind of all over the board with size - one at 9, a few at 8 and then the rest were in the 4-6 range. I guess that's good. We'll see what the nurse says when she calls this afternoon. Overall, feeling pretty good. Had quite the headache yesterday but that might be related to the changing seasons and seasonal allergies. Not sure.

Beagle, do you have to do a baseline this month even though no iui? Just medicated this cycle with timed BD right? I HATE waiting for AF when I have a plan in mind.

Beagle, do you have to do a baseline this month even though no iui? Just medicated this cycle with timed BD right? I HATE waiting for AF when I have a plan in mind.

Yes they will do everything the same. The baseline is for checking for cysts before they start my meds. I have never had any issues so far, but I guess they have to be on the safe side. So basically everything will be the same minus IUI...baseline...follow up on CD 10...the a trigger that night if follicles at a good size. Timed intercourse throughout. I am going to attempt to do SMEP...basically that is every other day...then 3 days in a row once a positive opk...since I am not doing IUI, I am not going to worry about the count...just trying to get as many up there as possible...lol!

JCM, Erose, Booger - A lot going on for you ladies this week! Fx and :dust: to you all.

Moni - Good luck at your appt tomorrow!!

Beagle - I hope that witch arrives sooner than later so you can get things moving.

Nothing much here. Starting OPKs tomorrow - just waiting for that smiley face. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->