First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

Good morning ladies,

Hope is well with everyone.

KFS1 - Congrats, with getting through the shot. It does get easier, I was worried to but it has gotten better.

Terri - Sounds like a really good book.

ERose, Beagle, JCM and Booger - How are you ladies doing?

AFM - I started the Ganirelix on Sunday and my Menopur has increased from 75iu to 150. I went for monitoring on Saturday and I had 9 follicles and they were measuring from 9-10mm also, my Estradiol went from 88.5 to 202. Today I went again and I had 8 follicles that they could see and they are measuring from 10-12mm. Don't quite understand the decrease in follicles but I guess it is ok.

Focus on quality and not quantity. It sounds like they are growing nice and strady! How was the Ganirelix? I start that later this week.

I am trying to focus on that I just was hoping for more but that helps quality not quantity. This morning was my second time taking it and it is no fun. The needle doesnt go easy like the Menopur and Gonal F. I also feel a pinch when my husband is pushing on the plunger. He said it is alot harder to inject than the other ones, it has more resistance. But I am getting through it fine, it is doable.

What day are you in your cycle?

Is it a different gauge needle? Is it sub-cutaneous or intramuscular?

Last night was my second night injecting. Today is cd3 for me. So far so good.

It is a different gauge. The Ganirelix needle is 27 guage x 1/2 needle. and the syringe is glass. It is sub-cutaneous.

Yaaayyy excellent!!! You are well on your way lady!!!:happydance:

Another facebook post got us today...they usually don't upset me that much...I just get this bad feeling inside that typically goes away fast. But for so many reasons this one gets to me. Part of me wants to type it all out but then I feel like something I say may upset or offend someone...you know those raw emtions that haven't had time to edit themselves. So I am just going to try to not think about it. I know I am so close & soon we will be the ones posting on facebook...but some days it feels so far away...and it is hard to not think about how hard it is...& it is hard not to think about how there are no guarantees in this world.

Another facebook post got us today...they usually don't upset me that much...I just get this bad feeling inside that typically goes away fast. But for so many reasons this one gets to me. Part of me wants to type it all out but then I feel like something I say may upset or offend someone...you know those raw emtions that haven't had time to edit themselves. So I am just going to try to not think about it. I know I am so close & soon we will be the ones posting on facebook...but some days it feels so far away...and it is hard to not think about how hard it is...& it is hard not to think about how there are no guarantees in this world.

I know how it can be. Write it down, get it out but know that it will be you some day. When I got my bfp I never posted it to FB. I was too superstitious. I only mentioned it in passing when I was 7mos. I was being cautious. When I see people post those announcements I am happy for them b/c I never know what their journey was. Did they have a mc? Did they need assistance? Maybe fertility isn't their cross to bear, but I am sure not everything has been easy in their lives. You will have that moment. have faith. In the meantime I'm sending a hug.

Good morning girls. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Beagle, it sounds like you had a good one w/ all that productive yard work and delicious food. Your post made me hungry too. :) I'm looking forward to hearing how your appt goes. Sorry a FB post got you... I know the feeling. :wacko:

Terri, yes, Gone Girl is on my reading list! I couldn't decide if I wanted to just leave it on my Xmas list, or go ahead and get it myself, but since you guys have all been talking about it, I believe I'm gonna have to go ahead and get it now. Looking forward to an update after your Wednesday appt. :thumbup:

brighteyez, I'm so glad your stimming is going well and has gotten easier for you. :) Gosh, your ER will be coming up SO fast!

BabyW, so you're two days in, wuhu! Glad it's going well for ya'.:thumbup:

kfs, glad you're feeling better today... I know that feeling that you were having yesterday. Even though you were excited to start, at the same time, ya' do kinda sit back and think, Man, why do we have to go through this?? Sometimes it seems unfair, and it can be difficult to accept this fate. But once we have a bump growing, thoughts of all this stuff will go right out the window and it wont even matter anymore. :flower:

jkb, so tomorrow is day5 for your sweet embies. I guess they'll be giving you another report then, so be sure and keep us posted. :)

Hi to everyone else! I don't have much new to report, but I did get my P labs today to make sure I can start my Lupron tomorrow. I'm sure I can, because I know for sure I O'd on Monday. So anyway, moving right along. Ready to do this again. ;)

Oh, and see that crazy low dip in my chart... it freaked me out at first that morning, because I thought, no way AF is coming already... because if it had, it would've been too late to start my Lupron for my next FET. Thank goodness it came back up.

Hi everyone!!

Just checking in after my appointment this morning. I start my meds tonight. He is starting me out with 300 Bravelle and 150 Menopur. Also I was told I can mix the Bravelle and Menopur and take as one shot. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I was like are you sure that's ok, I've never heard that before lol. They were like yes, we're sure lol.

So now I get to join Babywhisperer, kfs1 and brighteyez73 in the injection club lol.

Brighteyez73 - Is your retrieval still on track for Friday? So excited for you!

Erin - What if that dip is an implantation dip? Do they have you start the Lupron even though it's possible you could already be pregnant? How long do you take the Lupron for?

I love to read but this time I cheated and went to go see Gone Girl in the movies since my husband wanted to see it. And all I can say is WOW!! I bet the book was fantastic because the movie was pretty great!

Amy, I mixed mine. It was awesome. One needle instead of 2? Sign me up!!

Amy - yay. So happy you're starting! I wasn't able to get bravelle because of my insurance but I has asked about that beforehand and she said to mix them all in 1 vial. Like Jcm said, one shot's better than 2!

Brighteyez - you're getting close!!!

Babywhisperer - glad to hear that you're doing well, too. When's your next appt?

Erin - phew! Happy your temp jumped back up.

Beagle - hang in there. We all have those days.

Bloods tomorrow and then bloods/ultrasound on Wednesday. I ended up telling just my immediate boss today and she was super sweet and said to take as many days as I needed and to let her know if I need anything. :)

Good morning girls. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Beagle, it sounds like you had a good one w/ all that productive yard work and delicious food. Your post made me hungry too. :) I'm looking forward to hearing how your appt goes. Sorry a FB post got you... I know the feeling. :wacko:

Terri, yes, Gone Girl is on my reading list! I couldn't decide if I wanted to just leave it on my Xmas list, or go ahead and get it myself, but since you guys have all been talking about it, I believe I'm gonna have to go ahead and get it now. Looking forward to an update after your Wednesday appt. :thumbup:

brighteyez, I'm so glad your stimming is going well and has gotten easier for you. :) Gosh, your ER will be coming up SO fast!

BabyW, so you're two days in, wuhu! Glad it's going well for ya'.:thumbup:

kfs, glad you're feeling better today... I know that feeling that you were having yesterday. Even though you were excited to start, at the same time, ya' do kinda sit back and think, Man, why do we have to go through this?? Sometimes it seems unfair, and it can be difficult to accept this fate. But once we have a bump growing, thoughts of all this stuff will go right out the window and it wont even matter anymore. :flower:

jkb, so tomorrow is day5 for your sweet embies. I guess they'll be giving you another report then, so be sure and keep us posted. :)

Hi to everyone else! I don't have much new to report, but I did get my P labs today to make sure I can start my Lupron tomorrow. I'm sure I can, because I know for sure I O'd on Monday. So anyway, moving right along. Ready to do this again. ;)

Oh, and see that crazy low dip in my chart... it freaked me out at first that morning, because I thought, no way AF is coming already... because if it had, it would've been too late to start my Lupron for my next FET. Thank goodness it came back up.

I think my date will changed for ER. It may be Saturday or Sunday, I will know for sure come Wednesday and will keep you ladies updated.

Amy - yay. So happy you're starting! I wasn't able to get bravelle because of my insurance but I has asked about that beforehand and she said to mix them all in 1 vial. Like Jcm said, one shot's better than 2!

Brighteyez - you're getting close!!!

Babywhisperer - glad to hear that you're doing well, too. When's your next appt?

Erin - phew! Happy your temp jumped back up.

Beagle - hang in there. We all have those days.

Bloods tomorrow and then bloods/ultrasound on Wednesday. I ended up telling just my immediate boss today and she was super sweet and said to take as many days as I needed and to let her know if I need anything. :)

I am getting close but I think the date for ER will be changed to a day or two later. That's cool you told you boss and she is cool about it. I haven't told my boss yet.

Hi everyone!!

Just checking in after my appointment this morning. I start my meds tonight. He is starting me out with 300 Bravelle and 150 Menopur. Also I was told I can mix the Bravelle and Menopur and take as one shot. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I was like are you sure that's ok, I've never heard that before lol. They were like yes, we're sure lol.

So now I get to join Babywhisperer, kfs1 and brighteyez73 in the injection club lol.

Brighteyez73 - Is your retrieval still on track for Friday? So excited for you!

Erin - What if that dip is an implantation dip? Do they have you start the Lupron even though it's possible you could already be pregnant? How long do you take the Lupron for?

I love to read but this time I cheated and went to go see Gone Girl in the movies since my husband wanted to see it. And all I can say is WOW!! I bet the book was fantastic because the movie was pretty great!

I thought I was but I think it will be changed to Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks JCM & kfs1!! Once again you girls calm my worries :)

kfs1 - I'm so glad your boss was understanding. That makes things much less stressful.

I work from home so that makes this process so much easier in regards to appointments and keeping things private. We have a large office set up here... however, my boss is my husband lol. Which is a weird dynamic on days that I want to be able to complain to my spouse that my boss was a complete dick today :haha:

Amy-Woohoo for starting stims tonight. I would totally do one shot versus two. It's really not that exciting to want to do double work. hee hee. I am so intrigued by Neil Patrick Harris' role in the movie. I want to watch it just to see him, but I won't. hee hee.

kfs1-Awesome for your boss being understanding. I still never told my boss. He doesn't get in until noon and he takes advantage of time all the time, so I had no problems saying I was sick or working from home. It's worked out for me in that regard. *sigh*

ERose-Nice jump. I'm temping starting tomorrow. I'm too much of a chart stalker to not let others stalk my wackadoodle, hot mess chart.

Brighteyez-Just keep your schedule open because they are changing things every day. Are you still on the every other day schedule? Maybe on Wednesday they'll put you on once a day and then you know the time is near. I think I did Ganirelix for 5-6 days.

booger-Yoohoo??? We miss your stories about your MIL? Come back and share a laugh with us.

Amy-Woohoo for starting stims tonight. I would totally do one shot versus two. It's really not that exciting to want to do double work. hee hee. I am so intrigued by Neil Patrick Harris' role in the movie. I want to watch it just to see him, but I won't. hee hee.

kfs1-Awesome for your boss being understanding. I still never told my boss. He doesn't get in until noon and he takes advantage of time all the time, so I had no problems saying I was sick or working from home. It's worked out for me in that regard. *sigh*

ERose-Nice jump. I'm temping starting tomorrow. I'm too much of a chart stalker to not let others stalk my wackadoodle, hot mess chart.

Brighteyez-Just keep your schedule open because they are changing things every day. Are you still on the every other day schedule? Maybe on Wednesday they'll put you on once a day and then you know the time is near. I think I did Ganirelix for 5-6 days.

booger-Yoohoo??? We miss your stories about your MIL? Come back and share a laugh with us.

Terri - I left it open, just will pull my time back if it's not on Friday and move it to another date. The nurse said on Wednesday they will be able to tell me a more accurate date. Yes I am on every other day right now. Tomorrow will be day 3 of Ganirelix so we shall see. Thanks for the wonderful advice. Just hope the follicles grow nicely and more of them.

Morning ladies!

Brighteyez, I'm excited that you're getting so close! Just keep us posted on your dates, and I can change your transfer date on the front page if needed.

Kfs, let us know how your appt goes today. I'm glad you were able to tell your boss. I know that makes it so much easier for them to just know, and to have their support. We have to be gone so much during a fresh IVF cycle, that it's just way easier!

Terri, I had a feeling you might go ahead and temp. I don't blame you... It certainly doesn't hurt to just temp and see how your natural cycles are going, after all this fertility stuff. Gives you some insight into what your body is doing when not on meds.

Amy, that was a concern of mine too. Starting Lupron and becoming PG made me nervous. My RE assured me that they see it happen a lot, and that it doesn't hurt since we find out pretty quick. But in general, it's not safe during pregnancy, and since I'm paranoid, I'm making them do betas since they can tell earlier than a hpt. I'm sure they think I'm crazy since they've reassured me multiple times, but oh well. They did a beta while I was in for my P labs yesterday and it was neg. 7dpo is way early, even for a blood test, but it gives me peace of mind since I started the Lupron this a.m. I'll do another in a few days. Realistically though, it's highly unlikely I'd be PG, but I just want to be safe, and the clinic is 5 min from where I work, so it's easy enough. Oh, and to answer your question, I take Lupron for about 10-12 days. I'll get AF sometime in the next week or so, and go in to make sure I'm suppressed enough. I start estrogen and decrease the Lupron, and continue on the low dose just to prevent O. I stop the Lupron on the day I start P, which is 5 days before my FET. So you started your meds last night, right? How'd it go??

Good morning ladies...another restless night for me. It was so awful. I worked in the yard Sunday so the back of my legs just ache. So I felt like I could fall asleep around 7:30. So we got in bed & I just couldn't get comfortable & couldn't go to sleep. Then my dog seemed to be restless as well. He had a lot of dreams & was growling/barking in his sleep. We were both miserable. Then I woke up at 2 & probably didn't fall back asleep until around 5 or 6. I feel terrible this morning. I do not know why I keep having nights like this. I don't know if it is the meds over the past few months or if I am just mentally exhausted. Another reason I am so looking forward to my retrieval & transfer is because I will be taking the rest of my time off around then. I have managed to save up 6 days. So I know one for retrieval...I am hoping to take the day of transfer & then the other 4 all at the same time. I think any other appointments that come in between or after I can just make my time up.

Erin - as far as possibly being pregnant, crazier things have happened... :) Time really does seem to be going by so fast for you. So in about a month or so you will be doing another beta. All weekend & yesterday I have just been counting down. It may seem silly to count down to my appointment, but me & my husband are just so excited. I just hope everything can work out with the timing.

Oh & as far as my post above...crazy dreams!!! I couldn't even begin to tell you about them they are so weird. Maybe it is the bcp? I think my mind just needs to relax. I plan to take a long bath when I get home. I did not have time to shave this morning & I have been wearing skirts because of weight gain. So just a reason to take a long hot bath.

I may get myself fired (not really). Just almost had a meltdown. Banker asking me to jump through hoops to get this closing done...he wants to take a simple process & make it complicated just so customer doesn't have to wait any longer...but the customer is the one who caused all the delays. Sometimes working with Commercial customers...people with money...is so frustrating.

So he ended up seeing my frustration & decided to take the lead on all that nonsense.

Ugh...so another day I am trying to get through.

beagle-You can do it! Maybe you need a day off just to yourself. It could be your medicine, but it's probably just a combo of your brain and everything that's going on. Maybe call out sick if you don't want to use vacation. Mental health days still count as sick.

Hi girls, sorry I haven't had time to read yet because of work. I will catch up when I get off tonight but, just wanted to give a quick update. They are going to biopsy 7 today and possibly 2-3 tomorrow. She said the 7 are doing great and the other 3 will possibly hang in until tomorrow. The lady was difficult to get to answer questions. She wouldn't say exactly how many are left just what she thinks will make it to biopsy and freeze tomorrow.

beagle-You can do it! Maybe you need a day off just to yourself. It could be your medicine, but it's probably just a combo of your brain and everything that's going on. Maybe call out sick if you don't want to use vacation. Mental health days still count as sick.

Sadly I only have PTO - personal time off - so it counts for both. It will be fine. He relaxed & I relaxed & now it is fine. Good news is another bank holiday soon...Veterans day on Nov 11th. Plus I think finally getting some info on Thurs will start to make me feel like I am really on my way, you know.

But man, I did not expect bcp to affect me. I don't think it is 100% them...it is everything. I am almost about to cry now from just frustrated exhaustion. I am about to talk a walk to the grocery store so maybe getting out of the office will calm me down. Plus since my husband knows how I feel he will let me get in the bath & relax & take care of dinner. I just talked to him & told him about my puppy's nightmares & he said he needed a good bath & ear clean so he wouldn't be so itchy (I have been saying that). And he said he would do that tonight. he almost never cleans the dogs...always me hinting at it...then I just have to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->