First time IVF - Started Lupron last Thurs - Would Love some Buddies

TGIF!!

I had my suppression check and all looks good, so I will be starting on Gonal F 125u and Menopur 75u. My Lupron will be reduced to 5u. I'm so excited! I still feel like a mess most of the day, but am really happy the process is moving along.

And thanks to Terri I was able to figure out how to have my FF chart in my signature. Time to start temping again ... here comes the roller coaster. I keep trying to put a pic in for my profile, but it never seems to work. I think I'll try from my phone.

In terms of MILs, mine is great (thank goodness), but my ex-MIL was a total nightmare, so I can totally relate - and it was awful. Probably the MOST passive-aggressive human being I have ever met.

Again, TGIF :happydance:

I used to take Nuvaring! yay!! I loved it too because I didn't have to remember that it was there. Although, because it was a special name brand prescription I remember paying more for it. The BCPs that I took were free-generic and I think Obama has made all BCPs free (or something?).

Sorry everyone is so emotional on all their drugs. That has to be terrible.

My appointment is next Wednesday with the doctor. I'm on break for at least this month. My husband is off gallivanting at his college for a football game, so I'm just worrying about me this weekend. The weather is in the mid 60s, and I just got my motorcycle back from the shop so i'll be going out riding tomorrow. Yeah!

Hi to everyone else. If I don't check back in, have a great weekend!

Terri - I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend - take good care of yourself. And, of course, keep us posted on how your appt goes!

Thanks girls! Erin -yes!! Thanks so much. All reminders on numbers are welcome and very much appreciated. I used your case as an example for my hubby because, he was a little freaked when I told him 21! I asked are you upset. He was like no not at all but that's alot to take in. ;) crazy man. All I could say was " I warned you!"

I will say it can be overwhelming how varied ever person is with ivf. Even with great retrieval numbers we can end up baby less. Ivf really teaches us patience.

Baby whisperer-yay for getting started! Hope tomorrow is a breeze for you.

Terri- me time can be the best. I love to rent a good girl movie and just chill with a cocktail. Or go for a mani/pedi! Can't wait to hear your gameplan Wednesday.

Woooohooooo Jkb!!! That's great! I had 12 eggs retrieved. 5 were mature and all fertilized. 2 made it to day 5 and the other 3 were growing too slow to freeze. So, we transferred the 2. One of them was a "beautiful" embryo and the other was a slow grower behind about a half a day. One of them obviously stuck! ; )

I remember Moni transferred a slow grower too and little chimmi hung on!

My doc originally prepared me for "don't be super bummed if half don't make it to day 5 because that happens most of the time." I was pretty down about not having any extra just in case but it worked out ok. Waiting the 5 days is tough but it looks like you have lots to be positive about so hang onto that! I wasn't given the pgs option. So I'm not sure how that works into the result. Booger and Erin did that I think?

So now you just chill out and get yourself as back to normal as possible before your transfer! Yipeeee!

Erin, was it zofran? I'm thinking hubby might call it in today. Isn't 700 crazy? As if I didn't pay enough just to actually get pregnant!! Oy ve!

I actually look like I'm already showing! Between the P and my injections of blood thinners my stomach is so swollen. I can't button my pants! Haha I get to stop the P in a couple of weeks thank god. It just kind of seeps right outta me at this point. Plus it's tinted blue from the estradiol pill in there as well. Thank god for liners! The shots have to stick around til 20 weeks. My stomach has no more empty non bruised space. Injecting a bruise bleeds for like 15 mins. I feel like my blood is plenty thin and I have no more patience for controlling my blood flow to my uterus. Ok, I'm done complaining. My dr is so out there but it worked, so I'll listen.

BabyW, happy injecting! I hope time flies!

Oh and Terri, I can't put this book down! I'm hooked!

26 were retrieved. 23 of those were mature and 21 fertilized! I think I'm still in shock. The dr said they would check them again until Sunday and I will get an update then. Jen and moni- can you remind me of your numbers? When the dr told me all I could think about was she had told me to be prepared for probably half to not be mature or fertilized. I haven't told my hubby yet. Yesterday he was like 26 wow that's ALOT. He's gonna be surprised.

As far as the BCP and lupron go- it was bad on me too! Mainly the lupron made me sleepy like crazy!!

Wow! Awesome, that's a lot!!:happydance:

Yay BabyW, it's finally here! :) Keep us updated on your progress!

Ok, Jen and Terri, I guess I'm gonna have to buy that book ASAP! Time to put in an amazon order.

Jen, I'm not sure if Zofran was it or not, but you may as well try it if your DH is calling it in! I hope it will help!

Last time I believe I had 14 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized, 3 transferred. No frosties.
This time I had 17 retrieved, 14 fertilized and 3 transferred, 2 frosties.

If you guys finish the book in time you can catch the movie in the theater. I always fall asleep etching movies but with books I'm ok. It's a weird phenomena.

Hello!

For those of you who did PGS, would you mind sharing how much it costs? We are now considering it and I most likely won't be able to get the financial info from the doc until after the weekend. I'm really curious to know how expensive it is. Thanks!

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. :)

Hello!

For those of you who did PGS, would you mind sharing how much it costs? We are now considering it and I most likely won't be able to get the financial info from the doc until after the weekend. I'm really curious to know how expensive it is. Thanks!

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. :)

I think it is going to be different depending on the clinic, but for me IVF is about $10K (not including meds) & adding PGS is going to be about $3K.

I'm halfway through it! I love reading. I wanted to see the movie when it came out but I fall asleep too! That's why I always have to wait til it's out on DVD so I can restart it when I wake back up! Lol

By the time dvds come out I forget I wanted to see it. Hee hee. I'm almost done. I'm at 82%. I'm going to try to finish it tonight.

I'm debating whether I should temp this month. I like being on break. I also think AF has moved out of town but we'll see what the rest of the evening brings.

Hi ladies:) hope everyone had a good day!

Knit girl- Pgs is 3k for me as well. I'm in North Carolina. That covers up to 8 embryos. If you elect to screen more than the 8 it is $300 for each additional one. I had asked what if we only have 4 then is it discounted from the 3k and they said no�� my dr requested my insurance to cover it and they actually agreed to. She said she has only been able to get it approved 2x before. They approved it for me because I have had 5 documented miscarriages and the dr feels it is due to genetic abnormalities.

Terri- I vote no temping. Enjoy your break 100% and when you're ready pick it back up.

Knitgirl pgd is 5k at Cornell. IVF is 10,500 but ah, icsi are extra. My meds are covered but the u/s and b/w are not. We were told all in 25-30. Ouch. For some reason my Dr only suggests pgd if you've had several losses or have a known abnormality trait. My friend kept having mc's at 8 weeks and found out thru pgd that 2 of her chromosomes transpose and she would never carry full term so they did donor egg and have healthy twin boys. She's grateful she realized thru pgd that donor egg was their path. The joy to get that bfp and have such a healthy pregnancy and healthy boys after so many misses was so wonderful for her.

How is everyone's weekend?

I mixed up the menopur with no issues but it did sting. The u/s revealed my lining was 5.8 which they like to see under 5 but they said my bloods looked good and to start tonight. I have 4 nights of 150 menopur and 300 Gonal F before I go back for b/w. Thanks for all of your support. It was easier than I thought. Having you ladies here gave me the confidence. Just to know that I'm not alone took a lot of the anxiety away.

How many nights did you ladies stim?

Teri I hope you're relaxing and enjoying the weekend.

Funny thing happened tonight. Dh took his Doxy on an empty stomach and we were out with friends at our club and he got such bad hiccups. Like very loud and every 20 seconds. We had to leave early bc he was mortified!

Yikes. I hate how expensive all of this stuff is. My RE hasn't mentioned PGS yet but I think I need to see how things go first.

Babywhisperer - yay. You did it. I'm starting tonight with 150 menopur, 225 Gonal f. Sorry about the menopur stinging. :( Erin - didn't you have a trick to fix this?

Terri - I say take a break from temping if you're really taking the month off. I have to tell you it feels nice (even though I know you love temping and I love to stalk your chart).

Are you guys all talking about the book gone girl? I read it already so I'll save my comments until you're done. :)

Yes, kfs! I finished it last night. Whoa! Now I'm mad that I finished it because I liked it so much. Craaaaazzzyyyy

Terri, maybe just accidentally forget to temp this month.

BabyW, I did Stims 11 days

I did Stimson for 9 days.
So I got the day 3 report and all 21 embryos are doing well! She said 20 looked great and the other one was doing good but just a little behind. They won't check them tomorrow but will update again on Tuesday.

Knitgirl-We are reading (or just finished reading) Gone Girl. I can't believe how fast I got through it. I usually don't read pleasure books when I have school stuff to read, but this semester hasn't been that rigorous and since hubs was gone, I had some alone time to just read and read. What a great book! Next I want to read Goldfinch, but it's supposedly 750 pages long. I'm going to have to ask my sister if it's REALLY good or just ok. I'm not spending months reading a book for it to be just ok when there are others I really want to read that are good.

BabyW-Glad your first day of stims went well. I stimmed for 10 or 11 days. It's the perfect amount because when you're really tired of it, it's done. hee hee.

kfs1-Hope tonight goes swimmingly. I think ERose and I agree that after you mix the menopur, let it sit for a minute or two before injecting it. You can mix it, do your Gonal F, and then do your Menopur.

I'm not going to the bar to watch football today. I'm just going to stay at home and save my few dollars. The Cowboys play at 4:30 and I'm worried that if I invite my husband to the bar with me, he'll drink uncontrollably and spend lots of money, so I'm not inviting him and I'm not going. Last week I got mad at him because I ended up driving home when he offered to drive TO the bar. If you know you're going to get drunk, why offer to drive? I am learning more and more lessons about my 39 going on 22 year old husband. Re-diculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->