First time IVF - starting next cycle. Looking for buddies

Keeping gonal at 150 - apparently this is my magic dosage!

Good luck today going! I hope they get tons of eggs at your ER (and that the OHSS stays away)!

Thanks.

They got 11 eggs. Been pretty sick since but hopefully that's over now. They're doing 8 with isci and the other 3 normal ivf. Fx they fertilise!

Had my retrieval today, a little sore right now. From 17 follicles they retrieved 14 eggs, and of those eggs 9-11 were mature. They had to double check two for maturity, but as far as we know all will be icsi'ed. Little to no risk of OHSS for me, but I'm still going to be glued to my heat pad and guzzling gatorade until we get cleared for transfer.

Going, how are your embies doing? How many ended up fertilizing?

Got the call this morning!

Turns out 10 were mature eggies, and of those 10, 9 fertilised! I'm over the moon excited! ICSI fertilisation rates are supposed to be about 70%, so the fact we got 90% to fertilise is just wonderful and leaving me so very hopeful for this cycle!

Day 3 update: We'll be doing a Day 5 transfer. 6-7 embryos are growing at an excellent rate, all high quality (to the point where the embryologist doesn't know which to use for transfer), while 2-3 have started to slow down.

Hello everyone! I actually thought my original post didn't work as it was late at night and seemed to disappear. Can't believe this whole thread has developed and I didn't notice! I will catch up on all posts soon. I started the Gonal F today as I'm on CD2. IVF here we come.

I am about to start my first cycle soon too, in Scotland.

I'm hoping I don't over stimulate, I've got AMH of 34.

How far is everyone gone? Did everyone get two scans

I actually had my retrieval back on August 29th, and my 5 Day transfer on September 3. Just waiting for blood work on the 16th.

Which protocol are you doing?

I'm doing the antagonist protocol, expecting AF on the 23rd then that's the start of it all.... I'm so excited and terrified at the same time!!

Betas came back negative this morning. Just waiting for AF right now, then we might do TI until we've saved enough for FETs.

How's everyone doing? I'm going for egg collection on Friday. At the moment I've got 7 follicles and my lining is regular (this is a big achievement for me as I've had thin womb lining previously)

abennion - things are looking very positive for you. Fingers crossed

Thanks Leeze, although this cycle came back BFN. I started AF yesterday. Looks like we'll be setting up a FET in November.

Thanks Leeze, although this cycle came back BFN. I started AF yesterday. Looks like we'll be setting up a FET in November.

Sorry to hear that hon. That must be a downer after such positive results with the eggs. Are you going to do anything different this time? X

Best of luck with retrieval! It's over before you know it, and you'll have a good nap friday too. :)

We're going to talk to our RE during our follow up and see if she has any recommendations for next cycle, but we don't have anything planned yet.

We're going to talk to our RE during our follow up and see if she has any recommendations for next cycle, but we don't have anything planned yet.

Have you tried acupuncture? It really helps me relax and I got my BFP with my DD after 3 months of acupuncture. Who knows if it helps or not really!

I'm having a day 3 transfer tomorrow. 3 eggs had fertilised so am hoping for some good quality ones tomorrow

We tried acupuncture last year before we started even thinking about IVF, and I didn't feel like it was really doing anything for us (DH also tried it around the same time). We're going to try an endo scratch this time around to see if it will help.

Good luck with your transfer tomorrow! Are you transferring 1 or 2 embryos?

Hi everyone! :wave:

I'm a first time IVF-er as well. Or, I think that will be the plan. I have my consult appointment with my RE scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm not sure whether we'll be able to proceed directly with IVF, or if they're going to recommend a few IUI cycles first.. but I'm hoping to go directly to IVF.

Leeze - good luck with your transfer!

We tried acupuncture last year before we started even thinking about IVF, and I didn't feel like it was really doing anything for us (DH also tried it around the same time). We're going to try an endo scratch this time around to see if it will help.

Good luck with your transfer tomorrow! Are you transferring 1 or 2 embryos?

What's an endo scratch? I've never heard of that.

I had 2 embryos transferred. All 3 had developed normally and they called them "top grade". So we left one to see if it will develop to blastocyst and be frozen and put 2 back. Given my age (44) they said we could have even gone for all three. But I'd be too worried about triplets even though I appreciate that would be extremely rare

Hi everyone! :wave:

I'm a first time IVF-er as well. Or, I think that will be the plan. I have my consult appointment with my RE scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm not sure whether we'll be able to proceed directly with IVF, or if they're going to recommend a few IUI cycles first.. but I'm hoping to go directly to IVF.

Leeze - good luck with your transfer!

Welcome! It'll be interesting to see how your appointment goes. What an amazing job you do, by the way. I think it takes a really special kind of person to be a foster parent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->