First time IVF - starting next cycle. Looking for buddies

An endo scratch is where they irritate your endometrial lining the cycle prior. Apparently there is a 70% success rate with the embryos attaching after it is done. I should have more info on Friday. Congrats on the transfer! Very exciting :)

An endo scratch is where they irritate your endometrial lining the cycle prior. Apparently there is a 70% success rate with the embryos attaching after it is done. I should have more info on Friday. Congrats on the transfer! Very exciting :)

That sounds interesting. I haven't heard of that. If this cycle doesn't work then I'm going to ask my consultant about it. Definitely sounds worth doing

Hi! Am doing OK. Trying to stay positive but also preparing myself for a BFN as the stats are against me (age 44). But hoping I could be one of those lucky few. Am quite bloated and have been since ER. Had some fluttering in the right place yesterday but realise it could be from the meds/hormones. Am really tired but not sleeping too well..keep waking up around 4am to go for a pee..testing on Sunday and determined to wait. Normally I'm a POAS addict but am trying hard not to this time

Caved in and tested this morning. 11dp3dt..BFN. gutted. I know there's a slight chance it's too early but it was one of those tests that tell you 4 days early..thank goodness I've got my little frostie

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Leeze. Any huge turn around since the test?

I'm so sorry Leeze. At least you've still got that frosty though!

Thanks ladies. Going to see the consultant tomorrow to discuss next steps. Anyone else got any updates? X

We're taking a break until I get back down to a healthy weight. Trying to see if that's going to help any. We'll be doing an FET once my BMI is down, and my RE has agreed to do an endo scratch.

I had my baseline bloodwork and u/s last Friday. Monday is the HSG and then next Thursday we meet back with the RE to review the tests and decide if next month is going to be a medicated/monitored IUI or IVF. I have mixed feelings toward both options.

We're taking a break until I get back down to a healthy weight. Trying to see if that's going to help any. We'll be doing an FET once my BMI is down, and my RE has agreed to do an endo scratch.

Wow. I guess that's good motivation to eat healthy and exercise etc, both of which potentially will help with chances of a healthy bub. I was at my fittest before DD, I usee to go swimming most days and ate lots of fruit and veg. This time round I haven't been anything like as disciplined. Maybe you'll inspire me. I can't stop eating chocolate at the moment!! Good luck. Have you got a plan? X x

I had my baseline bloodwork and u/s last Friday. Monday is the HSG and then next Thursday we meet back with the RE to review the tests and decide if next month is going to be a medicated/monitored IUI or IVF. I have mixed feelings toward both options.

Have you ever had an HSG before? I got pregnant with my DD the same cycle I had mine. Apparently it can make you 30% more fertile for the next 3 cycles even if there aren't any issues with your tubes. Will you try naturally this cycle? X

My update is that we saw our consultant on Weds and are going ahead with our FET asap so I start the meds at the end of this month in preparation for the next cycle to be the FET. I've been feeling quite sad the last few days and there seem to be babies and pregnancies everywhere. My consultant said he is concerned about there being possible problems with the structure of my womb lining and that nothing really can be done about that. In better news, he said my frostie is 4AA which is apparently the best they could hope for at the stage it's at.

Have you ever had an HSG before? I got pregnant with my DD the same cycle I had mine. Apparently it can make you 30% more fertile for the next 3 cycles even if there aren't any issues with your tubes. Will you try naturally this cycle? X

No, I haven't had an HSG before. I had heard that they can make you a bit more fertile, exciting that side effect can run into the following cycle as well! We're not trying this month, no. (I'm a two lady household so there isn't any natural tries for us.)

The HSG came back clear. So now we're just waiting for Thursday's appointment to review everything.

There can be a lot of mixed feelings with gearing up for another cycle. You are definitely not alone there! Crossing my fingers for a successful FET next month!

Hi all! I'm starting birth control tomorrow to suppress hormones. Just had a blood test done today. I am absolutely terrified of needles but oh so excited to hopefully conceive at the end of all this. I am very nervous about OHSS...

I just keep seeing all the babies around and smiling though because I feel as though this is our only hope and it will happen.

No, I haven't had an HSG before. I had heard that they can make you a bit more fertile, exciting that side effect can run into the following cycle as well! We're not trying this month, no. (I'm a two lady household so there isn't any natural tries for us.)

The HSG came back clear. So now we're just waiting for Thursday's appointment to review everything.

There can be a lot of mixed feelings with gearing up for another cycle. You are definitely not alone there! Crossing my fingers for a successful FET next month!

Great news re the HSG coming back clear. Sorry for making the assumption you were a mixed sex couple. I should be more aware of this personally as I was in a long-term same sex relationship myself about 10 years ago and we had started discussing babies when I faced up to the relationship not working out.

Do you mind if I ask if you're going for an anonymous donor or someone you know? Purely I'm being a bit nosey because this was something my ex and I couldn't really agree on.

I've just been googling endometrial scratches and have emailed my consultant to ask about it. It does pretty much feel like last chance saloon for us with the FET. We've only got one frostie, I'm 44, and we're paying privately for this so it would be a lot of money to start it all again when the stats are against us..mind you a friend of mine recently had her second child at 48 through IVF. Although it was a.donor egg.

How will you decide if it's IUI or IVF? X

Hi all! I'm starting birth control tomorrow to suppress hormones. Just had a blood test done today. I am absolutely terrified of needles but oh so excited to hopefully conceive at the end of all this. I am very nervous about OHSS...

I just keep seeing all the babies around and smiling though because I feel as though this is our only hope and it will happen.

Welcome! I was really scared of the needles too, but once I did the first one I was fine. It was much easier than I thought.

Stay positive. That's definitely a good idea. I alternate between being happy seeing babies and also feeling quite envious.

Great news re the HSG coming back clear. Sorry for making the assumption you were a mixed sex couple. I should be more aware of this personally as I was in a long-term same sex relationship myself about 10 years ago and we had started discussing babies when I faced up to the relationship not working out.

Do you mind if I ask if you're going for an anonymous donor or someone you know? Purely I'm being a bit nosey because this was something my ex and I couldn't really agree on.

I've just been googling endometrial scratches and have emailed my consultant to ask about it. It does pretty much feel like last chance saloon for us with the FET. We've only got one frostie, I'm 44, and we're paying privately for this so it would be a lot of money to start it all again when the stats are against us..mind you a friend of mine recently had her second child at 48 through IVF. Although it was a.donor egg.

How will you decide if it's IUI or IVF? X

Oh no worries! :)

We've actually used both anonymous and known donors. We started with anonymous, but it's terribly expensive and not as effective (frozen sperm only live approx 24 hours vs up to 5 days) So for a while my wife's brother was our donor, but that ended up not working out for a few reasons. So now we're back to anonymous. At first, picking a donor felt like SUUUCH a huge deal - height, eye color, weird nose, cute chin, yadda yadda yadda. I feel like between having to switch donors so many times AND having deeply loved four very special little kiddos, while not especially loving their genetic histories, now I know it matters very little where the genes originate. So picking a donor now (we had to pick a new donor for next cycle) was hilariously cavalier. Both of us were like 'eh.. whatever. Just go with that one" as opposed to our first donor who was chosen after a week long discussion and excel sheet comparison. I'm not even joking. We're super dorky like that.

I believe my RE wants to go for an IUI first, just because. I'm fine with that, but I really would prefer doing only one before moving on. At this point this will be my 6th IUI so I really don't have a ton of faith in them. My wife kind of wants to do the IUI, too, as it's less invasive. I agree - but I'd rather bet on the odds, personally. So, if nothing comes up from the tests, I think the recommendation will be the IUI.

I'm glad your RE seems open to the endrometrial scratch. This whole 'what do or don't I try' cycle can be really difficult. I hope you don't have to worry about that and the FET is successful. Any idea when that cycle begins?

Welcome! :flower:

That does sound funny with your excel spreadsheets! I can understand what you're saying. I can imagine anonymous brings more benefits in terms of you and your wife feeling more in charge of decisions and not having to consider anyone else. That makes lots of sense

I emailed my consultant and he strongly recommended against the endometrial scratch because of my age and issues with my womb lining. I'm currently on CD9 and will start meds around CD20 with a view to having the frozen embryo transfer on my next cycle so in about 5-6 weeks time

I can see the benefit in trying the IUI before IVF given what you have to put your body through for IVF. But also understand the possible impatience of wanting to.move forwards with IVF. A friend of mine that I met on here when I had DD had twins through IUI! When will you start? Wll it be your next cycle? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->