First time mommies!

smh.. you guys are a bad influence! I just went to Target and bought two crib sheets and a onesie set :haha:

My dilemma is now this: do I hit Old Navy and pick up some comfy first-second tri maternity jeans tomorrow on my lunch break, or do I go to Walmart and see if they've started selling their winter stock baby items on sale yet, and grab some house pants/pajama bottoms while I'm there?

I say get the maternity pants...you'll need those sooner!

I haven't bought anything, will probably wait until I know the gender. Except maybe some maternity clothes and nursing bras in the next few weeks! The nice thing for me is I have a ton of family /friends/people from church with you kids who can pass along things to me, especially the ones who are done having kids. Of course I'll get some things new, but I see no problem with second hand! Babies grow out of things so quickly!

I got my hcg results back today. On Monday it was 692 and Wednesday it was 2214! More than doubled! So thankful. :)

Melewen you're so cute :rofl: I'm going to have to keep myself from going to Ikea for a while. I just love all their baby stuff (well...ALL their stuff) and know I would just get carried away buying things

I don't know what I'm going to do about bras! I looked up the brand that I have been wearing for probably close to a decade (they're so consistent - I don't have to try them on) and they don't make anything larger cup-wise in my band size! That means bra shopping. :cry: I hate hate hate hate hate trying on clothes, especially bras. Dressing room mirrors and lighting are cruel.

Ah Dill! :( I'm sure it'll be okay. Do you ever have an attendant help you? Oh maybe you could just measure your bust yourself and find the right bra that way?

There aren't any retailers here that have attendants (nearest Victoria's Secret is 400 miles away)... and so many bra manufacturers are so random about their sizing that measuring never seems to be a sure thing. It's like jeans ... last time I went shopping (admittedly, thinner then) for new jean brands to try, there were some where 0 was too big, and others where 8 was too small. Yikes.

Yeah what are you guys planning shopping/maternity clothes wise?

I am thinking I'll need maternity jeans and a new bra soonest but I'll hold off for a while before anything else?

I haven't bought anything yet. Going to wait till we find the gender... unless I see something adorable, and I may not resist. I'll stay away from the stores for now ;)
I'm good for bras!! I have two that were always too big anyways and now they're perfect! Definitely going to need mat jeans. I don't fit in any of mine. As for workpants, I had two pairs that were big and they fit nice now too. But soon I'll have to give in and go shopping... I hate clothes shopping too...

Hey first time mommy here estimated due date is 30th September which is so good as no one I knows birthday is around that date 😂 my symptoms have all calmed down a bit in my 10th week I'm just getting ligament stretching pain now ahhh and extreme mood swings! I suffered really bad morning sickness that even smells were making me sick urgh!
Happy and Healthy 9 months for you all! Xxx

Ladies I can confidently recommend you hit up destination/motherhood maternity with a quickness! :haha: we went when their denim was BOGO 50% off and got some awesome pairs, dark skinnies and lighter ripped cuffed boyfriend jeans. Love them both! They were quite affordable too and the attendant promised they would work all the way to post partum. I'll probably get some dresses, a couple tops, and some shorts along the way but the jeans are super solid. AND they're so comfy when you're crazy bloated

It looks like Old Navy is having a sale, too, up to 40% off. Guess I may be buying jeans today!

I have to chime in! Has anyone bought from pinkblush maternity?! You all should check it out! They're stuff is super cute! And I ordered from there with my last pregnancy before I MC and I loved everything I ordered!!!

Nmp great idea! End of season items! What's your name btw?

My name is Cheri... I didn't really think my moniker through very well. It's the possible initials of my future children. Haha.

Hi all, can I join in? Just got my bfp yesterday!

Went to the dr today and got it confirmed, most likely due date is nov 1 and they are sending me for a dating ultrasound.

When are you guys due ? This is out first and we are very excited!

I'm due October 1! I just had my first appointment this past Tuesday, and we have the next one April 14th. We may be able to find out the gender then!!

I've already had to get a new bra. I'd already gained weight before I got pregnant. :( Bah humbug.

Kohls is really great for seasonal sales if you have on available. We've found so many warm baby things, and they are so cute. My mom recommended warm things and tons of onsies to start with.

I'm with you guys on the second hand items. I'm going to try to buy as much from other people as I can.

Cheri it's so nuts to me that we are one week apart and in different birth clubs! Weh! The average baby comes at 41w1d so that puts me at october 1st.... Maybe I can make it work! :haha:

I'm holding off on maternity wear. I'm due the first week of October, so the bulk of my pregnancy will be in DRESS season! Thank goodness! So I'm getting by with belly bands and thrift store finds until I can invest in beautiful maternity dresses that can get me through the spring, summer and early fall.

Just got back from Motherhood Maternity. No sale right now in the Canadian store :( but I did get a really cute pair of jeans :thumbup: no more sweatpants for this girl

I'm holding off on maternity wear. I'm due the first week of October, so the bulk of my pregnancy will be in DRESS season! Thank goodness! So I'm getting by with belly bands and thrift store finds until I can invest in beautiful maternity dresses that can get me through the spring, summer and early fall.

I'm also planning on lots of dresses! I really prefer to wear them in general when it's nice out, but I think they look especially beautiful with a pregnant belly! :) Can't wait to have my little bump in my sun dress.

How early are you guys buying mat clothes? At what week I mean.

I haven't bought anything yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->