First time mommies!

How early are you guys buying mat clothes? At what week I mean.

I haven't bought anything yet..

I started needing them around 11 to 12 weeks but miscarried right after I bought some. So never really used them. I'll need summer things this time though so I'll prolly start shopping around 10 to 12 weeks online. A lot of my regular things will still work but will need pants and some cute summer dresses :)

Only the jeans so far at 11 weeks. I haven't been able to wear any of my jeans for sooo long. They were sooo uncomfortable!

I wear my same jeans, I just don't zip/button them and wear a long shirt over them. :rofl: I will probably get maternity clothes around 11 weeks.

Cheri it's so nuts to me that we are one week apart and in different birth clubs! Weh! The average baby comes at 41w1d so that puts me at october 1st.... Maybe I can make it work! :haha:

I'm due October 1, but I think he/she will come before. I think a lot of the birth clubs overlap. There are some end of September people in the group I'm in ( I think). I couldn't find a September 2015 group at the time when I was looking for one.

I wear my same jeans, I just don't zip/button them and wear a long shirt over them. :rofl: I will probably get maternity clothes around 11 weeks.

Haha. That sounds like me! Also, if that's you and your DH in the your picture, you guys look like a younger version of my husband and me. Cute. :happydance:

Sweet! I'm joining october too :D

Maternity jeans are gods gift to women (besides mr. gosling) I'm telling you! I can't wait to get some cute dresses but honestly we will probably still be wearing maternity jeans for a couple months post partum and it will be cooler then so long live the jeans!

Have any of you seen any cute dresses yet? I'm going to a bridal shower/bachelorette party next week and don't want to buy something non maternity obvipusly. I'm not super super girly so maybe that's the problem!

I hit Old Navy and spent about $90 on pants. Two pairs of maternity jeans, two pairs of long lounge pants, and a pair of lounge-y capris. I should probably try to track down more capris for this summer!

I went shopping with a coworker, so the cat is out of the bag to her. Someone needed to know, anyway, to help me with work tasks that are usually mine but that I shouldn't do since I'm expecting. She's selling me a TON of her stuff (she had her baby last summer) for $75 -- some maternity clothes, a side sleeper, a mobi wrap, and she's also giving me her breast pump. Score! :dance:

Wow you scored big time, Dill! That old navy deal was awesome but the coworker one even better! That's fantastic!

Ok sounds like you guys are a touch further along than I am. I'm not planning to buy anything just yet, at just 6 weeks, but about a month from now I was thinking jeans and a new bra or two would likely be the first things I'd need.

What I'm most concerned about wearing is the bridesmaid dress I'm expected to wear at the end of August! This will be interesting..

Wow you scored big time, Dill! That old navy deal was awesome but the coworker one even better! That's fantastic!

Ok sounds like you guys are a touch further along than I am. I'm not planning to buy anything just yet, at just 6 weeks, but about a month from now I was thinking jeans and a new bra or two would likely be the first things I'd need.

What I'm most concerned about wearing is the bridesmaid dress I'm expected to wear at the end of August! This will be interesting..

Oh yikes! Hopefully something comfortable that will fit you well! When are you shopping for it? Did you tell the bride?
I have a wedding to go to mid-August as well but I'm not in the bridal party. I can't wait to find a cute maternity dress for it BUT I'm not looking forward to being fat and sweaty gross in summer!

They've got them already :s I went with them a few weeks ago and everyone else ordered except for me (because I knew this was a possibility). It's a bit flowy so that's good, but it has an inner lining so that's what I'm concerned about.

I think after my dating scan next thurs I'll go back by myself and try it on again and see how stretchy it is an what my options are and then once I know that decide when to tell the bride. If I think I can make the dress work I'll wait till 12 weeks but if that's a concern I may need to tell her sooner...

Crazycatlady post a picture! One of my girls was preggers at the wedding but they all had different styles. I'm sure if it's just the lining you could do something to make that work. But at the end of August we are all going to be pretty big! :D

Here it is, hope this works. So I think the flowy part works, it's just the inner lining. I also hope she's not expecting heels.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 10
Worst case scenario, you can probably cut out the problematic bit of inner lining. As for the heels, it shouldn't be an issue if you wear flats, as long as they're the same color as the other ladies'!

I had that dress on 1 of the bridesmaids at my wedding. David's Bridal right? You can order them like 2 months before the wedding and they still get in on time :)

Yes carebear! How did it fit? Was the lining stretchy? I'm waiting till I know my due date more concretely after my scan on Thursday to go try it on again.

My cousin ordered a 12 and then it came in and didn't fit!! Was soo worried since my wedding was 2 months away but DB rushed it in and the 14 showed up. My cousin is a little bigger and it looked great on her. I should find a picture for you. Will have to do it from my computer (on my phone now).

Was the lining stretchy though? I tried it on before I was pregnant and it fit my normal dress size for me.

A good friend of mine is getting married this summer and she selected bridesmaid dresses made of jersey. They are so beautiful and soft.

She asked all the Bridesmaids their dresses at this store: https://thejerseymaid.com. Of course, its not for everyone or every bride. I think she linked them because they're customizable, so each BM can find her own "style".

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0290/4341/products/black-kellyclarke_1024x1024.jpg?v=1385585143

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0290/4341/products/gray_ashley2_color_1024x1024.jpg?v=1425482700

She was also thinking of planning a trip to the US to check out the "Satin Jersey" dresses at Anne Taylor. I just looked them up online, and they do have a beautiful selection and they look oh-so-comfy! https://www.anntaylor.com/jersey-one-shoulder-bridesmaid-dress/282551

https://richmedia.channeladvisor.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=52000652&id=230938&recipeName=app310x381

https://richmedia.channeladvisor.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=52000652&id=461542&recipeName=app975x1200

I think my belly is starting to poke out because of the baby now! I'm really excited, so far it's just been bloating/fat. If I'm already getting this "big" I can't imagine 29 more weeks.

I think my belly is starting to poke out because of the baby now! I'm really excited, so far it's just been bloating/fat. If I'm already getting this "big" I can't imagine 29 more weeks.

Oh nmpjcp! That is cute!

I've noticed a slight "bump" forming too. I moisturize every morning and have been feeling my uterus moving up. Its very exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->