First Time Mom's - Due March/April 2013

Oh my goodness. I thought having nausea all day was bad. I can't imagine going through everything you're dealing with. At least you get to see your midwife Wednesday and can hopefully get some help. :hugs:

Anyways, I was starting to feel a bit better with the nausea lately. Was able to keep up with the eating and it was helping a lot. Then the nausea showed up again last night and it doesn't matter what I eat, it's not going to go away. I have a prescription for Zofran at the pharmacy though so I'm really hoping OH will pick it up for me so I can stop feeling so awful. I'm just wishing to throw up at this point it seems because then at least I'd get a bit of relief from the nausea.

How is everyone else doing?

Amanda - I also read that as ectopic, oh my goodness! :hugs: That must have been terrifying for you!
I hope the early scan goes well. I think I already mentioned it but I had an early scan too as I was having constant spotting and heavy cramping for the first few weeks - they did the internal scan first at 6 weeks but they couldn't see anything so I went back again at 7 weeks and they gave me a normal ultrasound scan and they said everything was fine. So fingers crossed for you as spotting and cramping can be perfectly normal.

I'm so jealous that you guys have all only thrown up a couple of times each :wacko: I am throwing up EVERY day, usually twice a day. Its just horrible :(
It doesn't seem to matter what I eat or when I eat it. This morning all I had was a slice of toast, and I threw up for five minutes after!

I've had a terrible weekend - I ended back in hospital yesterday. I was taken in by ambulance! I had been to work and been fine, and when I got home I felt suddenly unwell - I threw up, then got really feverish and starting shaking REALLY hard and couldn't stop, it was almost like I was having a convulsion!

They took me to the emergency room, and kept me in all night to observe me - I had to have an IV drip, I was hooked up to a heart monitor all night, had blood tests and urine tests etc - they think I have some kind of gastric infection and said it was my extremely high temperature making me shake so much :/ It doesn't explain the rash though - its still there and they just don't know what it is. It keeps going down and then coming back up again.

I'm worried about what me being so unwell is doing to the baby, the extremely high temperature I had can't have been good for it :cry:

In good news though, I FINALLY got my first midwife appointment - its on Wednesday, so I can tell them my concerns then I guess!

I hope everybody is well!

Oh my goodness! Huge huge :hugs: for all of that - the throwing up constantly and the hospital visit :hugs: I was going to say try not to worry about your high temp and the baby, but I know it won't make you stop worrying. I just hope you are feeling better soon, and baby is just enjoying their extra little bit of warmth!

Brittany, hope that your prescription helps you stop feeling so sick.

I'm ok...a little sicky feeling today but it was first day back to work so I was busy and didn't feel bad when I was at work. Hoping that when the kids start back next week and I'm busy a lot it's the same story. I also told my boss today as I have my scan tomorrow :)happydance:) and he is so lovely. I told him I'll be in about half 11, to which he said "don't rush! Take your time, grab a coffee...I'll see you at half 12 or 1" haha, love it!

That's great news Amanda!! I'm so pleased that you got to hear the heartbeat and saw a good image on the screen (that picture isn't great...!)

Hopefully that has put you at ease a little bit!

You're only 2 days behind what you thought! I was 5 days behind at my scan. They didn't change my due date or anything though since it's still early so the measurements could have been off.

Anyways, I'm so glad you got a scan and were able to see your baby and hear the heartbeat. I was especially amazed by the heartbeat. I could listen to that sound forever. Do you know how many beats per minute it was?

Sorry the scan picture didn't turn out the best. Will you still be getting a scan at 12 weeks? If so, I hope the person gets you a better image.

Happy 8 weeks doggylover, I just saw you got a new fruit today!! Tomorrow I'll be getting an olive. :)

Thanks Brittany! I was raspberry yesterday...but according to my scan I am skipping ahead to olive tomorrow!!

https://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p568/sljay1/17133cb1e2fe7a5b41188587caed7316.jpg

Scan went really well, saw a little heartbeat and midwife measured me at 8 +6, which is 5 days ahead of where I think I am! Not changing dates yet though, will wait until my next scan...in two weeks!!

How's everyone feeling?

I just got an olive today so I'm only 1 day ahead of you then! That's exciting.

I'm glad your scan went so well. What a cute little bean!! :cloud9:

Today, I got up at 3 AM when OH's alarm clock started going off and went to the bathroom to pee. I was about to flush when I got a whiff of my urine. It smelled like eggs!! So like any other preggo lady in the first tri I start freaking out because I'm assuming something is seriously wrong.

So here I am at 3 in the morning Googling urine that smells like eggs and eventually I came to the conclusion that I must have a UTI which I've never had one of in my life but I know my sister has had them and she would drink a lot of cranberry juice so I run back upstairs to get OH up so he can go to the store and get me cranberry juice. So OH got up and got around and then went and got me cranberry juice while I drank two glasses of water.

Eventually I stopped freaking out and fell back to sleep (how this happened I still don't know) and then waited patiently for my ob/gyn office to open. Apparently my doctor does not think it's a UTI since I have no burning or pain at all when urinating and the smelly urine only happened first thing in the morning. So she thinks it's more likely that I just ate something the night before that effected the smell.

I feel a bit better but I'm still stressed about it. I'm very anxious for my appointment Sept 11th. So that's how my day started out.

You made oh get you cranberry juice at 3 in the morning? And he actually did!? What a man!

I was convinced I had a uti as well this week, but the urine sample I gave at my appointment didn't flag anything up so... :shrug:

Hopefully yours is just something you ate, maybe reacting differently because you are pregnant?

Yes, my OH actually got up at 3 AM got ready and went to the store to get me cranberry juice. He has been fantastic with everything this pregnancy. If I tell him I'm craving something he goes and gets it. Of course, none of those crazy cravings have happened in the middle of the night. It also probably helps that he had to be up and getting ready for work in an hour anyways. I might of had a harder time convincing him to go get cranberry juice if it was like midnight or something when he was dead asleep.

Anyways, my doctor thinks that I just ate something that give it a funny smell especially since I don't have any burning or pain when urinating which is pretty typical of a UTI. I'm just thankful I haven't noticed any egg smells since. It was so bizarre.

How is every doing? I'm doing alright over here, counting down the days until my next appointment.

Awww such cute scan pictures Amanda & Sarah! :)

Amanda, your pic looks a lot like mine from my early scan - they don't bother much with getting a good one I guess coz they know they'll do that at the 12 week scan :)

I had my midwife appointment on Wednesday but it was just all form-filling. I didnt even get to meet my actual midwife coz she's on holiday! I'll get to meet her in the next few weeks as she'll come out to do a home visit apparently.

I did get my scan date though - 24th September. Yay! :)

I have still been feeling awful. I'm still vomiting everyday (I've now tried sea bands, which did nothing except make my purse £10 lighter) - the only thing that does help slightly is peppermint tea. But not for long!

Plus last night I was awake again all night with a raging temperature. And today my mystery rash is back! All over me. Even though all I've eaten today is toast.

I'm really tired of the whole situation and of not getting any answers - I was reading in my Bounty pack (Have you UK girls all got those yet? I LOVE them, I'm so excited to get the other 4!) that a high temperature can be very dangerous in pregnancy, so I'm really not happy that it keeps happening and the Drs aren't giving me any answers.

I'm planning on going back to my Dr tomorrow and demanding that they look into it more seriously as its been going on for over a week now :wacko:

On a positive note though, at least we're all edging ever close to the end of the first trimester! I personally cannot WAIT to get into the second trimester - I'm REALLY hoping things get easier then like everybody says!

I laughed so much your seabands comment!!! I used to get awful travel sickness and my parents insisted I wear them, but I always found them useless as well! Sorry you are still feeling crappy :hugs:

I got my bounty pack at my first scan, but haven't had a chance to look through it yet. I'm excited now!

The sea bands only helped me when my nausea got to the point where eating food did nothing to make it feel better. On days other then that they didn't help much.

One lady on here I know swears that sucking on some kind of sour candy all day helps her.

So far nothing has helped me much other then just snacking on something everytime I start to feel nauseated.

Not much longer before we're through with the MS.

What is the bounty pack? I wonder if we have something similar here in the US.

It's basically a huge pack with information leaflets and booklets about (from what I can see) every single possible piece of pregnancy information!!

I was given a bunch of booklets on info but it seems most of what I got was info on genetic testing. I'm guessing the stuff they gave me was stuff I needed to think about now. I guess I'll see if I get more booklets at my next appointment.

How is everyone today? I was actually surprised this morning when my MS was actually bad enough in the morning to make me throw up. Normally this happens in the evening but not today.

Brittany you sound so fine with being sick! Just like its an interesting little part of your day! You're much braver than I am, I feel so queasy this evening and am on the sofa in a sorry little heap!

Oh gosh, I hate being sick. I probably complain about it a ridiculous amount to my OH. It just surprised me so much that I actually got sick in the morning.

I have a question for you ladies though. Have you thought about what details about your pregnancy you will be sharing with your family and which stuff you ladies will be keeping to yourself?

I'm asking because I have found that since being pregnant it seems family thinks they have a right to know EVERY detail about my pregnancy and I don't feel that is right. I'm kind of at the point that I think if I share every detail about what I think or feel then there is nothing special for just OH and I if that makes sense?

So I'm wanting to sit down with OH and discuss what things I think family can know and what things I don't feel they need to because it won't effect them at all. Not to mention, I know I don't want a billion opinions on all my plans.

We haven't had that issue yet really. The one thing we did decide though is to keep names to ourselves until right before baby comes, if not until he/she comes.

I don't imagine our families will have strong opinions on anything else we decide, but we will definitely keep some stuff to ourselves, as you say things that are just for us because at the end of the day it is our baby!

I'm glad you haven't had that issue. I've just noticed that family members want to know everything like with my first scan, MIL wanted to know exactly how I felt about everything and I kind of felt that was rather personal and I was uncomfortable with her asking since we don't even have that great of a relationship. I don't think OH and I will keep the big things a secret like what the name will be, the gender, etc. but the more I think about it I think some of the stuff like how I felt hearing the heartbeat really don't need to be discussed in detail because it doesn't really effect them one way or another if that makes sense at all.

Ooh def check out your bounty pack Sarah, its sooo interesting!

We get 5 Bounty packs in total Brittany - like Sarah said they're full of information sheets but also they have little free samples of things (mine had stretch mark cream and caffiene free tea bags!) and vouchers for money off products we'll probably be needing! The first bounty pack also has the voucher inside for the second bounty pack, which I hear has more goodies in!

Then we get one on the labour ward, one on the maternity ward and one after baby has been brought home - those all have things like nappies/diapers, etc in!

As for telling family things, I don't think I'll really have much of a problem with it - I tell my mum and my sister pretty much everything but I guess we're quite close like that anyway, none of us really keep anything private frm each other.
My OH unfortunately doesn't have much family living, just a brother who lives far away, so we don't have any issue there.

I am starting to wonder wether we should keep names to ourselves though, as I'm getting so tired of everybody disliking my name choices! My taste is very different from my families and once they've said they don't like my choices it kind of ruins the name for me :wacko:

Speaking of names, have you girls all got ideas already? I'm finding it so hard! There are so many names I like but so few that I LOVE enough to want to use!

I wish we had bounty packs, they sound awesome!

I'm glad you're not having a problem with telling people things. I think the in laws are the ones I have the hardest time with. I don't feel close enough with them to be answering some of the questions they're asking.

Though I do agree with keeping the name idea to yourself. My SIL actually didn't tell anyone the name of her second child until after the birth. I'll probably tell people the name we pick early but I won't be telling people the other options because I don't care about their opinions. I would hate for someone to say they don't like the name I pick and ruining that name for me.

As for name ideas. I'm pretty sure if we're having a girl it'll be Emily Michelle. I'm having a much harder time with a boy name. I've got some in mind but nothing that I feel I'm in love with like what I am with Emily Michelle. We do know for a boy the middle name will either be Matthew or Michael. At least we still have plenty of time to get it figured out.

Luckily I am pretty close to my in laws, but also we don't get to see them often as they live in England. I don't think they would venture to any questions I wouldn't be comfortable asking, they are so sweet, bless them!

Emily is such a lovely name, so pretty, I really love it!

We decided on Alex for a boy years ago, as I used to be a nanny to a little boy named Alex, and we both just loved him, and the name! I wouldn't mind telling people that I don't think, but since we have chosen Aubrey for a girl, I think our families might be a bit less thrilled about that to start with. That said, my nephew is called Jacob and at first I really didn't like it, (and actually hoped the baby would be a girl as their girls name was Emily!) but now Jacob just suits him so well that I never even think about it. Hopefully our families will feel like that with Aubrey!

How's everyone feeling today? I'm definitely better than yesterday, but still feeling a little dodgy this evening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->