First Timer looking for others in the first tri to chat

I'm feeling in such an unknown state until I see the ultrasound. 8 more days unless it's rescheduled again.

That's how I felt too. Sorry you're going through this! :hugs:

Hopefully it doesn't get rescheduled again!

Thanks for keep listening to me moan! Right now weather looks good for next Monday.

Had my scan today - I’m 9 weeks and baby girl is measuring 9+1 with a strong “girl” heartbeat (as my doctor called it) of 180! Doc also said she was “dancing” to Walk Like an Egyptian that was playing in the room! Ha! I have vivid memories of dancing to the song with my brother and parents as a very little girl. So happy and excited!

Congrats! Did you get to see the dancing? So exciting!

I had heard the heartbeat didn't mean much this early, obviously you know she's a girl, but I was trying to not read in to the heartrate for our unknown 😊

I saw her wiggling around! I was surprised my doc said that as I’ve read that research doesn’t really support it. Maybe she was just making a joke of it since we already know it’s a girl. :)

I finally got a burst of energy tonight! I got all our dishes done (a week of piling up) and made myself dinner and apple crisp! Had some music on and started dancing around the kitchen.

It felt great, I've been so lazy!

Ask4Joy thats amazing news congrats Im so happy for you that it all went well xx when will your next scan be xx

MKaykes send some this way as this week has been awful for me I feel sick all the time and constantly tired xx

Great to hear, Ask4joy!

Mkaykes I envy your energy. 13 1/2 weeks here and still feeling tired. Where is that second trimester energy everyone keeps talking about? :rofl:

I'm 15 weeks and still feeling tired! That being said I feel a lot better, because I'm not constantly feeling ill..that is so draining. But a full work day really takes it out of me, I've noticed. Trying to keep up on housework is tough, I'm hoping I have some energy tonight as the kitchen is in a state (DH was on his own last night and if it's up to him dishes and what not just pile up), so I'd like to get it tidied and perhaps even to a light vacuum and dust. That can wait til Saturday though, but I'll feel better if I get the kitchen in a better place, at least!

Caviar and Alligator Im with you on the energy front Im so tired all the time which is harder as I work full time aswell my DH is the same so lazy if I dont ask him to do stuff it doesnt get done and if I do ask it gets done in his own sweet time thats if I dont get impatient and do it myself and if he does do something without me asking he calls me up almost like he wants praise for it and told he's such a good boy. Thats my moan anyway lol xx

Im in a bit of a pickle guys Aldi a store in England are doing a baby sale week starting tomorrow with being a first time mum I have nothing at all and the stuff is really good for really cheap and will sell out by tomorrow DH is saying go and buy the stuff ASAP even though its like we're jinxing ourselves getting it before we're in 2nd tri as we dont know when they'll do another baby week and if worst happens we either keep in storage for future or he will sell it all online and get our money back xx

Hey all! I just got my BFP today, and I'm so scared! It took us two years to conceive, and I'm worried about MC. How did you guys deal with that fear? Any tips or advice for someone not even 4 weeks pregnant?

I'm going to go back and read through the thread and learn about all of you!

Green congratulations!!!! It’s an exciting, and anxious time.

For me, having had a loss, it was tough. One day at a time and positive affirmations are all you can do. Chances are still very good (even at the earliest) to have a pregnancy carry to term, and have a healthy babe. Each day that passes your odds get better. Remind yourself that you are pregnant and your body knows what to do. And at the end of the day.. what will happen will happen. You can choose to embrace the moment and enjoy, and find joy, or worry. Either way your outcome won’t change. It’s easier said than done but something i repeated to myself enough that I finally believed it! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!!

Congrats Green! How exciting!

It's very hard to not worry. I started out just assuming it wouldn't work so would almost say it was/is disbelief more than worry. Going in to my two ultrasounds was very nerve wracking though, worrying there would be no heartbeat and it'd all be over. Thankfully we still had a heartbeat going in to the 9th week!

Like Alligator said, one day at a time!

Woohoo! Congrats Green! Great to see you here! I remember we started TTC around the same time. What a journey to get here!

As MK said...you are going to worry. When those thoughts come into my mind I try not to dwell on them. I’ll say a little prayer and practice gratitude for this pregnancy and baby. Positive affirmations. I think of all of the reasons this is working rather than focus on all the what-ifs. Not sure if that’s helpful but that’s just how I’m trying to deal!

Will you be going in for a blood test soon?

Thank you guys! It's so awesome seeing names I recognize on here still :) Blood test to confirm will be Friday, and scan is scheduled for Feb 14 cause I'm a romantic dork

Welcone Green and congrats I know what your going through my fertility journey was a long one I think I recognise your name from fertility threads I have been on I have also had an MC. The worry wont go away but just take each day as it comes also I found taking pregnancy vits doing everything I should a help like no caffiene or alcohol stearing clear of certain foods, no heavy lifting etc.. has helped as I think to myself I have done absolutely everything I am supposed to so if the worst happens then I have no blame there was nothing I could do xx the first scan does help though seeing the heartbeat as once you see that your chances of an MC dramatically decrease xx

Welcone Green and congrats I know what your going through my fertility journey was a long one I think I recognise your name from fertility threads I have been on I have also had an MC. The worry wont go away but just take each day as it comes also I found taking pregnancy vits doing everything I should a help like no caffiene or alcohol stearing clear of certain foods, no heavy lifting etc.. has helped as I think to myself I have done absolutely everything I am supposed to so if the worst happens then I have no blame there was nothing I could do xx the first scan does help though seeing the heartbeat as once you see that your chances of an MC dramatically decrease xx

Drinking coffee does not cause miscarriage. Lifting heavy weights does not cause miscarriage. It is advised that a woman not lift heavier than she is used to lifting because during pregnancy one's joints and ligaments become looser so one can get injured easier.

Miscarriage is caused when the body rejects the fetus as a foreign entity. (the body does not know if a pregnancy is wanted or not). Or when there are issues such as chromosomal abnormalities.

Women do not do anything wrong that causes miscarriage.

Good luck with your pregnancy!

It’s true that most MCs are due to chromosome abnormalities, but stating that lifestyle factors cannot contribute to miscarriage risk is false.

https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancy-health/caffeine-during-pregnancy/

https://www.parenting.com/article/seven-most-common-miscarriage-causes

I hope lifting doesn't hurt baby because my toddler is 30 lbs and I frequently carry her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->