First Timer looking for others in the first tri to chat

Caviar thats grim that youve still got sickness I really hope it does pass, so now your in 2nd tri you doing any anouncements xx

Bee - Super happy for you that you found out you're doubling! Those are great numbers, you probably tripled in two days! This is my first, and I was warned I might be late. My BFF just had her first, and she was induced a week early because she's tiny and the kid was already 8 pounds at 36 weeks.

MK - just remember that you feel like crap because you're still pregnant! I hope you feel better :)

Star - that's a symptom I haven't even thought about yet, constipation. Does cheese make it worse because I LOVE cheese! I will be really sad if I have to cut down.

Ask - you are braver than me! I cant handle the cold. If it's icy, i stay indoors. Hope you enjoyed the hike!

Angela - sooooo jealous you're almost out of first tri! You ladies have to make another thread for us in the 2nd tri board so I can keep following you :)

Cav - I'm sorry you're not feeling well, how often do you eat? I know you're a pregnancy veteran, so I'd love tips on how to make MS easier to handle.

I got my first beta and prog result today! Progesterone at 19, no need to supplement (I was worried about this), and HCG was at 322!! That was on 4w+2 or 15DPO! That's a little high, right? Should I worry about ectopic or twins? Next draw is tomorrow.

Congrats Green! That’s a great number - I think 322 is within normal range. Mine was 250 at 4w+2. Were you doing clomid this cycle? I usually hate the cold too but the last few weeks have been FRIGID cold here and yesterday and today were around 40 and I’ve been getting cabin fever! Went for another walk today but this time stuck to the sidewalks that were no longer icy so I didn’t have to wear my big heavy boots.

I got my first beta and prog result today! Progesterone at 19, no need to supplement (I was worried about this), and HCG was at 322!! That was on 4w+2 or 15DPO! That's a little high, right? Should I worry about ectopic or twins? Next draw is tomorrow.

Sometimes twins have higher numbers but those arent too crazy high :)

And, since I had an ectopic before, what you'll see with ectopics is non-rising or fluctuating HCG. I think with mine, my first HCG was 85, then it was 66, then it was 130 and then 120.

Nope no Clomid. Also I bet it was your boots that made you so sore!

Thanks for the info, bee, that is reassuring. Well see what tomorrow brings

Welcome bee!!! Just caught up - was a busy weekend for me! Went to an event today and more than one person was like ‘wow you’re showing already!’... which is nice but I also just feel a bit fat most days. I know it’s a bump, too, but.. doesn’t help when people make a big deal out of it lol

I think it’s exciting that you are starting to show, Alligator! I can’t wait for that! I have a teeny bump and I already love it lol.

Green - that’s awesome that you conceived naturally!

Green - I think your levels look great! There is a huge range hcg numbers can be in depending on how far along you are.

Personal update: Starting to feel better. I'm not getting nauseous as often and I'm less tired now. Still heading to bed pretty early, but it's getting easier during the day. I have two more scans scheduled: the first on 2/6 for the NT test and the second on 3/28 for the anatomy scan. Can't wait to see the little bean again!

Ask4joy- Oh I have a bump, but it's from my last pregnancy XD;;;; lol I already look 12 weeks along

Personal update: I don't know what it is but tomorrow I am 5 weeks along and today fatigue hit me like a freight train! I slept like 7 hours and even got to sleep in a bit (my son slept 40 mins later than normal) but I woke up and felt like I had barely slept at all! my head was in a fog and I was struggling to not fall back asleep. Luckily, I work from home, and my son usually goes to his great-aunts on Mondays so I was able to take a small nap. Im still super tired but not at risk of falling asleep in the middle of the floor lol

Caviar thats grim that youve still got sickness I really hope it does pass, so now your in 2nd tri you doing any anouncements xx

I'm probably going to do one after my next ultrasound. I'm itching to announce though, but having lost babies in the past, I just want to make sure everything is going well. I can already feel flutters so that's exciting and I've heard baby's heartbeat on doppler, but I just want to make sure all the anatomy looks good before announcing, if that makes sense. My next appointment is this Friday so I'm hoping I'll get a scan date.

Hi I am 6 weeks pregnant don't have many symptoms at all and my doctor did my hcg at 4 weeks it was 2380 but he isn't doing another until 8 weeks is this all normal I am worried something is wrong?

Green that sounds like great numbers and no need to worry its also good news that you dont have to take progesterone your body is adapting already xx

Alligator Ive got a sort of bump but Im in that awkward phase were it could just be extra holiday weight Im carrying at the mo I cant wait to have a proper bump x

Jello thats great news about your scan dates already booked something to look forward to my scan is officially one week away today I cant wait to see little roachy again thats the nickname Ive given it for now as my last scan pic due to it being so active it looked like a cockroach lol xx

Bee tiredness has been my worst symptom that and constipation, I work 10 hr shifts and it takes me nearly an hour to get to work and an hour home I am so tired all the time and find it difficult to function even driving I dont feel a hundred percent which is scary everyone keeps telling me that it will pass and you get your energy back in 2nd tri around 14wks so Im just holding out for that and praying its true as with being pregnant I can drop hours in work but I feel its too soon yet however if this keeps up much longer Ill have no choice but to do it x

Caviar here's hoping your not waiting too long for your next scan Im sure all will be okay your now in the safe zone officially in the 2nd tri hun, I thought I felt a flutter other day but its surely too soon for me to feel them its nice your getting to that stage where you can feel them I cant wait for that xx

Welcome Bindi to the thread and it sounds normal to me hun they are good numbers you dont get your first scan till around 12 wks and your first midwife appt is normally around 8-10 wks they kind of just leave you alone till your out of the 1st tri I had an early scan due to getting my BFP through IVF but generally unless you have had complications or a loss you dont get an early reassurance scan xx where you from Bindi as its different though dependant on your country I can only tell you what its like in UK x

Angela- It is true! Second tri is commonly called the "honeymoon phase" because you typically feel your best during second tri. So, yeah, that's something to look forward to! But fatigue definitely comes back in once you get pretty large lol

Welcome Bindi! Those numbers sound great! There's a huge range for hcg numbers, I think for 4 weeks its something like 200 to 7,000, so your numbers are fine. Doctors typically don't see their patients until around 8-10 weeks, so there's nothing to worry about :) How far along are you? Typically symptoms don't hit until around the 6 week mark, however it can be earlier or not at all! With my first child, I didn't have any morning sickness at all. With this pregnancy, I've been nauseous since around the 3 week mark. So it's all variable.

It is so tough in first tri! Here you are, doing something huge and amazing and in many ways you have no idea if everything is okay and doctor's just say 'oh yes see you in a few weeks' and it's so unnerving! Even now - I think I have felt tiny flutters a couple of times but I don't feel baby consistently and I don't see babe again until our anatomy scan and I worry if everything is okay. I mean my morning nausea and sore boobs reassure me LOL. And i have a doppler and hear babe daily. But pregnancy is tough, you just want it all to be okay but it's entirely out of your hands. Preparation for parenthood, I am sure.

I will post a bump pic from last week (I take a new bumpie on Wednesdays so we'll see if there are any changes tomorrow, I feel like my body changes daily and depending on what I wear it looks different) if that's okay - i think it's definitely bump, and some bloat/fat lol.

Hey Bindi! Sorry to hear your doc isn't doing HCG again for a while. I feel you, I'm 5 weeks tomorrow. Welcome!

Alligator, yay for bump pics! I can't wait! So exciting that you can feel little one! Is it hard to use the doppler?

Yesterday's HCG was 1192! So happy! It's finally starting to feel real!

Hm my bump pic didn't post...here it is!!!

And in terms of finding babe, when I first started at 9-10 weeks it was hard and would take sometimes 10 minutes of looking and I couldn't find it all the time, now it takes me 10-20 seconds to find babe usually (he likes the same spot lol) and it's fairly easy for me but I might just be lucky!

Attachments

• 15 weeks.jpg
    15 weeks.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 8
Alligator that is a definitely a baby bump amazing xx

Green they're great numbers congrats hun so made up for you xx

I know what you all mean Im neaely into the 2nd tri but I know Ill be panicking until I get to the point where the baby can be born and survive x

Im constantly tired cant wait to get in 2nd tri to hopefully get some energy back xx Ive also had some more bleeding had to go for another scan and an internal they said the bleeding they think is coming from my cervix as there appears to be erosion which is common during pregnancy due to hormones and increase in blood they're sending me for a colonoscopy just to be on the safe side x

Angela I'm so sorry about the bleeding. That is certainly terrifying to see but I'm glad there seems to be a rather benign reason for it. Hugs!

Thanks hun I feel better knowing its common Ive googled it and it does seem common and knowing its not affecting the baby xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->