First Timer looking for others in the first tri to chat

I would love any advice on how to work with morning sickness. All I can think about is don't throw up, don't throw up.

Ginger is meant to be fantastic arrow, so try snacking on anything ginger like ginger nuts biscuits, dry ginger, flavouring water with it etc.. also have you tried sickness bands they work for some people xx try changing your vitamins some people say that helps too xx

Is it really bad Arrow I feel for you xx

green - no real advice as I literally tried everything..ginger, saltines, apple cider vinegar, tums, eating regularly, not eating, preggy pops, sea bands, chewable prenatal tablets...I tried it all. Nothing worked. I was mediated, on diclectin, and that took the edge off a little bit. It didn't start to taper off til about 12weeks, then 13-14 weeks I really turned a corner and I feel a lot better now, mostly myself (still some actual morning sickness where I feel a bit ick until I eat and still struggle to brush my teeth without being sick, but the rest of the day I feel better).

If it's really bad speak to your doctor about options, stay hydrated, eat what you can and take it a day at a time <3

Angela - that scan is amazing! So cute! Glad everything went well! My 12 weeks scan is on Tuesday.

Arrow - try ginger candies or ginger ale. MS sucks and unfortunately we just have to get through it :hugs:

Thanks Jello and goodluck for Tuesday you will love it jello I really cant wait to meet mine again the love I feel already is unreal for this little peanut I went out and purchased some more baby stuff today seriously need to stop buying lol xx

Greenarcher - I've always had to be put on medication for MS. Mine was always too bad to cope on natural methods like seasick bands, ginger ale, lemon, saltines, toast, mint, etc. Diclegis was a lifesaver for me and it is the only medication specifically approved/made for MS. Definitely worked better than Zofran or suppositories... both of which I've tried before. Even the vitamin B6/Unisom combination that they recommend didn't work because Diclegis is slow release so it worked longer than taking the combination separately.

I will note that I think MS for me is FINALLY easing. I've felt much better the last few days than I have in weeks.

Green- Seabands and just having something to suck on (hard candies/popsicles, etc.) helped me the most with my son!

I'm 6w1d today :) I had nausea hit right at 6 weeks on the dot last time so I'll be interested to see if I get nausea this time and when. I've been fairly asymptomatic minus a few small ones. First of all, Im not emotional, at all. I dont cry at movies or anything but the other day I got really weepy at like the stupidest youtube videos a few times in the day. And then I was at a Birth Workers networking meetup thing with another Doula buddy of mine and I was talking to a midwife and I swear, she smelled like she had bathed in wine! When she left, I turned to my friend and was like "holy cow! She reeked of alcohol!" and my friend was like "Really? I didnt smell anything!" So, maybe she didnt actually lol. There was wine at the event so maybe she had just had a glass but man, it was super strong to me. I also was taking my Thyroid pills and I could smell those as well which has never happened.

Sorry about the terrible MS Archer! I wish I had some advise.

Bee Bee, my sense of smell has been heightened too, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

I started the buddies thread: 2nd tri and beyond Due Jul/Aug/Sep 2018

Sorry about the terrible MS Archer! I wish I had some advise.

Bee Bee, my sense of smell has been heightened too, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

I started the buddies thread: 2nd tri and beyond Due Jul/Aug/Sep 2018

Tonight, my son had a particularly ripe poopy diaper and I got really gaggy and barfy. It was awful :(

I still have a heightened sense of smell. I have it my entire pregnancy unfortunately :( The neighbors were bbqing the other day and I smelt the food cooking from their grill... made my mouth water lol.

Mkaykes I'll be heading over to the 2nd trimester thread :)

Archer, if you want to jump in now, feel free! It isn't on the 2nd tri board, more of a general chat thread in the buddies section.

Archer I agree its for the whole process the other thread not just for 2nd tri xx

Bee and caviar I feel your pain was working with a colleague yesterday and I could smell his BO it was really turning my stomach &#55358;&#56610;

My sense of smell is out of this world right now and almost all smells make me sick to my stomach! Luckily my nausea has eased up considerably, so it's not such a detriment anymore, but man it sucks sometimes.

Anyone else having wicked food aversions? I can't eat any meat except pork and a lot of the things I used to eat all the time (hello I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!) make me gag. I've been relegated to pasta, fruits, veggies, and crackers. I feel like I'm going to gain so much weight! :(

Jello the only meat I can eat right now is beef, and most veggies are gross. I'm basically living on dairy and carbs, and haven't gained a pound luckily! That is the main reason I'm confident there is still a baby growing in there! If I weren't pregnant I'd have gained 10 pounds this month! I'm really hoping that eases up and I can expand my diet, I'm already a super picky eater.

Hello, I'm so with you! All I have are aversions, no cravings. All foods sound horrible and the smell of certain ones will make me gag. I miss enjoying food :( I'm going to be with you on the weigh gain, I'm pretty sure. I'm eating pop tarts and crackers and drink milk like there's no tomorrow

Hellojello - Yes! The food aversions are awful. I'm so hungry but can never think of anything good to eat. I've already gained 15 lbs so I'm not looking forward to how all this junk food is going to look on me by the end of pregnancy :(

Im preaching with you all too I just really dont fancy eating stuff I use to really enjoy so much so that Id rather go hungry but like you archer Im loving milkshake and ice cream I didnt care for either before pregnancy so Im guessing my body is craving calcium right now xx

Just another thought for all you guys who have tickers how mad is it that all our tickers now show actual babies that look like babies makes me so excited xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->