First Timer looking for others in the first tri to chat

Welcome Bindi! :hi:

Congrats on the great numbers, ladies! :happydance:

Cute bump, Alligator! Definitely starting to show now :)

It is hard enough worrying about everything that is happening in the first trimester and when you add bleeding to it, it makes for a stressful situation. Hopefully that is where the bleed is coming from, Angela, but I can understand how you must be feeling :hugs:

Caviar here's hoping your not waiting too long for your next scan Im sure all will be okay your now in the safe zone officially in the 2nd tri hun, I thought I felt a flutter other day but its surely too soon for me to feel them its nice your getting to that stage where you can feel them I cant wait for that xx

Awe movement will be coming to you before you know it. You're so close to the second trimester now! xx

The main reason I haven't announced yet is because I posted too early during one of my previous pregnancies, ended up finding out later that I had miscarried and had to tell everyone that. Not only did it feel like I had failed somehow, but I had a lot of people claiming that I faked a pregnancy for attention, as if it weren't hard enough grieving without their negative comments. So now I just want to make sure everything is going well. I do feel my uterus growing... it is already almost up to my belly button (I always measure a little bigger in fundal height) and starting to get more noticeable. I have my appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll get an official scan date.

Caviar here's hoping your not waiting too long for your next scan Im sure all will be okay your now in the safe zone officially in the 2nd tri hun, I thought I felt a flutter other day but its surely too soon for me to feel them its nice your getting to that stage where you can feel them I cant wait for that xx

Awe movement will be coming to you before you know it. You're so close to the second trimester now! xx

The main reason I haven't announced yet is because I posted too early during one of my previous pregnancies, ended up finding out later that I had miscarried and had to tell everyone that. Not only did it feel like I had failed somehow, but I had a lot of people claiming that I faked a pregnancy for attention, as if it weren't hard enough grieving without their negative comments. So now I just want to make sure everything is going well. I do feel my uterus growing... it is already almost up to my belly button (I always measure a little bigger in fundal height) and starting to get more noticeable. I have my appointment tomorrow so hopefully I'll get an official scan date.

Omg people can be so cruel! I'm sorry you had to go through that Caviar!! :growlmad:

Good luck with your appointment today! Let us know how it goes!

Caviar how did your appointment go xx

Thats so cruel that people would do that a MC is hard enough without nasty people making it worse xx

Im officially 12wks today have my dating scan on Tuesday not long to go now xx how is everyone xx

Im moving onto the 2nd tri soon but is it okay if I stay and chat to you guys or if someone has started a 2nd try thread on here whats the name and Ill also move across to that one two would be nice to keep seeing everyones progress throughout pregnancy on here xx

So question guys Ive caved and am now wearing maternity clothing Ive also bought some too as my clothing is just too tight now anyone else caved too xx

Angela I’ve been in maternity clothes for weeks! They are so much more comfortable and make me feel much better about myself. It’s bad I can’t atop searching sales and buying cute stuff lol.

If my clothes were getting tight I'd definitely be wearing maternity clothes! I'm not quite there yet, but had a friend who is 7 months told me to start wearing them soon to get more wear out of them.

We should definitely get a group going we can carry on in as we all move on. I know there is a Aug babies group...but too many people in that thread for me. I have a hard time keeping up!

I'm struggling at this point in the pregnancy. My symptoms are waning, I'm not gaining weight or growing a belly, too early for movement - anxious for Fri for my next appt!

Alligator Im just as bad as you I have all these shopping apps on my phone and in quite a few of them I have stuff saved in baskets debating whether to buy or not lol

MKaykes I'm on that thread lol and you are right it does move quick I struggle to keep up I didnt check it for 2 days and it was on 5 days ahead xx

MKaykes Im sure all will be okay I have absolutely everything crossed for you hun please keep us updated will you be getting a scan how far along are you xx

I don't know if I get a scan on Fri. It's my first appt at the Women's Clinic, my first two scans were at the fertility clinic. So, I think if I hadn't had any scans yet they'd do one, but since they'll have my fertility clinic's records, I don't know. I'm planning to call tomorrow to see if my records were received so I'm going to ask what to expect at the appt, I was told it'll be 60 minutes.

I’ve spent a small fortune on maternity clothes but I feel so much more comfortable and happy about myself! And I can keep them for a second pregnancy or resell them later on. It’s worth a little splurge to feel good in your skin again! And honestly my clothes didn’t fit lol. Let alone now - it will be months before my old clothes fit again! Worth it!

We should definitely get a group going we can carry on in as we all move on. I know there is a Aug babies group...but too many people in that thread for me. I have a hard time keeping up!

I like this idea! I'm still kind of in-between the first and second trimesters, even though I'm technically second trimester now. The second trimester is kind of boring, in all honestly. The biggest part is finding out gender. Other than that there isn't really much to write about. The July group used to be that way too until they moved it to Facebook and now it doesn't seem to go as quickly. A second trimester group would be wonderful!

MKaykes the 60 min appt if in England they go through this big green booklet ask you loads of questions take your blood pressure weight and height its like a check up xx

Defo agree on a 2nd tri group if you start one MKaykes post the name of it here so we can all join it when ready xx

And Im same as you even though my tickers say Im in 2nd tri I dont class 2nd tri till either 13 or 14 wks xx

I would love to keep this going on a second tri board! It'll be a little while before I'm there, but I've been looking on that board and there isn't much going on there.

Okay well I will start a thread next week in 2nd tri when Ive reached 13wks and I'll put the name of it up here xx

My scan went really well baby is perfectly fine seen it moving and it was swallowing looked like it was sucking its thumb could see the jaw and nose and even its fingers and feet so lovely Im in love already xx

They checked the heart could see its ventricles forming and the brain split into 4 sections said all looks perfect. They did the down syndrome test checked fluid at back of head said anything over 3mm is a worry mine was 1.6mm so is perfect based on my previous bloods the scan my age and bmi they would put me low risk but I just have to wait for my new bloods to come back. Im so made up Im also ahead they said Im 12wks and 5days so new due date is 9th August xx

Attachments

• 20180130_220651.jpg
    20180130_220651.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
Angela beautiful scan, baby looks so sweet! Glad all went well. From what I understand the NT result is the bigger part of that test, the blood test accompanies it but given the low NT measurement I think you're likely low risk indeed, great news!!

Great news Angela!

If I think of it tomorrow I can start a new thread. What do you ladies think about doing it under the buddies section rather than 2nd tri so we don't run into the same between 2nd and 3rd?

I'm so glad I called the clinic to see what to expect at my first midwife appt. I was supposed to have been scheduled for a nurse appt first to get labs done and go over general pregnancy stuff. Luckily they got me in tomorrow so I didnt have to reschedule my Fri appt. But, because of this won't be able to get scheduled for an ultrasound so that'll have to be later.

MKaykes thats sounds great and yes I agree probably best in the buddy section so we're not going onto another thread once out 2nd tri I will definitely join if you make one xx gutted for you about your scan being delayed I hope everything goes well at your appt though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->