First Timer looking for others in the first tri to chat

Glad you are feeling better today Alligator! Hopefully that bump will start to pop out soon! I can’t wait to have a bump!

Since we did PGS we already know we transferred a girl. :pink:

I think I’d find out if I didn’t know...I’m impatient and am not a huge fan of surprises...I get too anxious! :)

I also can't wait to have a bump! I told DH that just this morning. Whenever I complain about being fat the dear man says 'well I'm bigger!' which is true, hubby is a bigger guy haha but seriously dear, not helping. Just say 'no honey you look beautiful' haha men sometimes!

YAY Ask4joy, so exciting about a girl! I am convinced I am having a boy...just my mother's instinct. My mom thinks baby is a girl. Old wives tales (ramzi, chinese calendar) say girl but my acupuncturist strongly thinks boy based on my pulse. She said she's right about 90% of the time!

Angela I would TOTALLY find out the sex of the baby. It just makes everything easier in preparing. As a foster mom, I've hated not knowing what gender my potential kiddos will be. Obviously, there's no way to know for sure until you get a call about a placement, so you have to be prepared for both and in whatever age range. So with a bio kid I would most definitely want to find out the sex!

Hi ladies!

Took another test today, just as positive as last week so feel good about that! Next week Wed is the ultrasound and I just can't wait for it! Hoping all is good and it'll be so much more real then! Currently have my weekly acupuncture scheduled immediately after but think I'll reschedule for the next day as there is a 24 hr cancellation policy and the added stress of having to pay $80 if baby isn't growing will be just too much.

Co - glad to hear you've had more positives! Definitely not evaps, but if they are still really light I hope you can get a blood test soon.

Ask - same deal with the cm, I thought out was the vaginal progesterone and estrogen causing it, but must just be the pregnancy!

I'm hoping to keep gender a surprise! We also did PGS so I could find out now if I wanted to. We'll see if we stick to that plan, we're both kind of wish washy on it. I love the idea of the surprise, but like the idea of buying more clothes ahead of time. With not knowing I'll probably buy both boy and girl clothes, lol!

I will be finding out the sex for sure. I honestly don't know how people go the entire 40 weeks without knowing. I mean it is hard enough for me to wait the 20 weeks to find out (I usually get a private scan done between 14-16 weeks to find out LOL) so those of you that want to keep it a surprise have a lot more patience then I do. I like finding out the gender so you can prepare. I mean grey, yellow and green clothes are kind of plain to me. I like putting cute dresses on my girls and getting my boys clothes with cute sayings like "Daddy's Lil Monster" or something like that. Also it gives me more time to decide on a name.

At first I thought I was having a girl because in the past it was girl/boy/girl/boy however the Ramzi theory from my ultrasound at 6 weeks and my dates equal out to me ovulating very close to when we dtd both point to a boy so I'm confused this time.

Alligator out of curiosity how does your acupuncturist guess gender based on pulse?

That is interesting, Alligator. I've never heard of that before. It sounds like something that you'd have to have experience in though. I'm curious to see if it will be true for you!

Yes I think there's some training involved for sure, my acupuncturist is trained in TCM (traditional Chinese medicine). I took my pulse after and I don't notice anything lol.

Mkayakes goodluck with the scan I have absolutely everything crossed for you xx

Ask4joy my god its crazy what they can do with technology these days and you already know its a girl, its also made up my mind from what you said to get the test done xx

Alligator and caviar them theories sound really interesting been onteresting to find out if they have worked for you xx

Well I think Im getting a bit of MS now it comes in little waves feels like travel sickness like when you try to read something whilst in a moving vehicle

One of my best friends is pregnant right now and her doctor predicted boy based on the heartrate and she just found out on Sunday that it’s a boy. So maybe there’s something to that!

Angela - I hope I didn’t scare you! I’m sure your baby is just fine and healthy and that the test will give you peace of mind.

Ask4joy no you didnt scare me hun just made my mind up thats all that I should have it done just to get some reassurance xx

I dont mind what I have so long as they're healthy thats all that counts xx

Ive started to get waves of sickness now its not really bad but does make me gag and feel queasy xx

Holy crap Batman my bbs are so sore today! My whole right arm hurts because of it!

How is everyone else today?

That’s a good sign fostermom, especially if you don’t usually have it! I always get sore breasts after O but they’ve reached a whole new level lol. I’m on progesterone injections though.

Officially 5 weeks today! Baby girl is developing her organs - pretty cool! :)

Did you test this morning? Any progression?

No...I’m waiting. And it is true that I don’t typically get sore bbs before AF. It’s mainly just painful in my right bb put it hurts so much that my side and my back are aching too.

I am scheduling a doctors appointment today. Hopefully I’ll be able to get in before the end of the week.

The sore bbs is for REAL! Some days it's worse than others for me. Yesteday they hurt just being there!

11w and bb's still hurt. Poor Dh loves the new bigger look but they are a no touch zone lol.

Well today is just not my day. Right bb so sore my back and side ache. Fatigue hit me like a truck and now the nausea.

I finally scheduled an appointment with my primary care doctor to get some tests done. I’m hoping for progression on hpts though.

Well today is just not my day. Right bb so sore my back and side ache. Fatigue hit me like a truck and now the nausea.

I finally scheduled an appointment with my primary care doctor to get some tests done. I’m hoping for progression on hpts though.

Good luck with your dr appointment! FWIW, I'm exhausted and my bbs are huge. Not as sore as they were with my son, but definitely extra sensitive.

I'm going again tomorrow to have my blood drawn. It was at 905 last week, so it should be over 2,000 this week. That's the magic number that they're waiting for me to hit before they start scheduling appointments.

It'll be interesting to see what the number is. With ds, my hcg level was 8671 at 5w6d. I believe that's how far along I'll be tomorrow. Fingers crossed for good news!

Goodluck luck to both of you co foster and jello I have absolutely everything crossed that you both get good numbers xx

The MS is starting to kick in a bit now I get waves of nausea but it hits me in the evenings xx my bbs are not too tender just slightly but they are huge swollen up so much and my belly is so bloated that I can hardly get in any of my jeans theyre starting to feel uncomfortable to wear but the worst has to be the tiredness I feel constantly tired but then keep waking up during the night. I had an awful dream last night that I went the toilet and when I wiped there was bright red blood it seemed so real that I woke up and went straight to the toilet to check thankfully all was okay not a drop of blood to be seen. I guess Im getting more anxious as my scan is only a week away xx

Hugs Angela...dreams like that can be SO scary. I'm sure everything will be just fine. I hear it's totally normal to have dreams like that in pregnancy because our brain is processing the fact that we are growing something inside us. What I've read is that whatever we dream about is supposed to help us move on from those fears or thoughts so we can have more brain space for a baby. Just a thought. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->