first trimester testing

pinkjoelle

Reaction score
how do you guys feel about those test you can do at the end of the first trimester to check if theres any problem with the baby? My bf is all for it, he wants to terminate the pregnancy is the risk is high on down syndrome, im not shure.. and besides its so expensive, 390$, I rather buy a pretty crib.

Are any of you girls doing the test?

we are doing it -- it is covered by my insurance, so there is no cost to us for it. if the results were negative, then we would continue with further testing to see if we can figure out exactly what it wrong. (the screen we are doing tests for multiple different chromosomal abnormalities)

The struggle to have the test is hard when I had my other 3 children even though testing here is free other than a blood test I didnt bother as I wasnt in the high risk category.
This time I was in the high risk so I had the nuchal scans and the accompanying blood tests which scary as hell I am glad I did, thankfully the blood and scans came back negative so I didnt have to worry about that. Now later in my pregnancy I am having regular growth scans and under a consultant as I have had a previous premie my last child my son, so to help put it in perspective for some of you new mums going through it all, if yr in an at risk category then for peace of mind go for it, otherwise if yr not then pregnancy has many other facuets to worry about and to top it all as pregnant mums and all those hormones ranging on and off we worry about just about anything xx

We're doing it so that we can get a good look at our bubs :)

We would not terminate unless there is no chance the baby could/would survive anyways.

If you have to pay that much for it, I'd skip it. It only detects a problem like 1-4% of the time, that's a really small percentage, and even then there is a high rate of inaccuracy. It's an emotional roller coaster if you get a bad result, and you have to then pay for more testing that may prove that nothing is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->