First U/S has me worried...

well good luck!! I'd say regardless you should get another scan in a week to see if there is progress.

I just have a feeling.... I'm sure everything is good!

positive energy coming your way!

Kim

well good luck!! I'd say regardless you should get another scan in a week to see if there is progress.

I just have a feeling.... I'm sure everything is good!

positive energy coming your way!

Kim

Thanks so much. Just got off the phone with the doctor. She feels like it could go either way. Wants me to go in at some point today or tomorrow for blood and to make an appt for a scan on Monday. It's really hard, waiting. Not knowing, but still having that sinking feeling. It's totally gut wrenching.

I'm going to have my blood taken in about an hour, and then again on Monday. If my levels were 721 August 30 (they tripled in about 40 hours), does anybody know how I can find out what to expect from today's results?

Hoping for the best for you xo :hugs:

It's hard to say what your HCG should be like at this point, which is why they will be doing 2 tests again. HCG multiplies rapidly early on, then as it gets higher the time it takes to double increases from every 48-72h to more like every 96h. So it's really hard to predict what a "normal" number would be based on just the one since your last HCG reading was so long ago. You can see more info here: https://americanpregnancy.org/duringpregnancy/hcglevels.html

Hey Jillie

If it was me I would want to see numbers in the thousands range, but again everyone is different :) You can take your number on the 30th and double it every 4 days and see what you come up with? That's probably what I would do, but I'm an engineer hahaha

Fingers crossed for you!!

Kim

Thanks guys. I'm probably better off not knowing what they "should" look like because I'm sure I'll just get myself more worked up if they're not there. Ughhhhh

Will you find out today, or do you have to wait until Monday to find out todays results?

I'm really pulling for you, finger crossed. xxx

Thank you guys so much. All of your well wishing really means a lot to me. I will find out my first half of the numbers tomorrow morning. Like I said, not really sure what I'm looking for...

Well hopefully you get some sleep tonight.

I have a feeling that you'll just know when you get the first numbers. :)

I will be stalking this thread waiting to hear!

Kim

I had an early scan yesterday at 5 weeks the sonographer had me terrified kept going in and out of the room then switched to tvs and kept talking about my ovary and saying I have a lot of fluid and still hasn't mentioned a sac I was shaking and crying and she wasn't telling me anything just asked if I had any pain or bleeding (no) so another came in and said she could see a sac but didn't think it was big enough for 5 weeks (it was 5mm so only 1mm off and they grow 1mm per day,) and said I have excessive free fluid and there is something near my ovary and could be ectopic I'm terrified
I did explain that I had Ivf and had mild ohss and she looked at me like she had no idea what I just told her I'm so scared just waiting for hcg beta results
My conclusion I HATE EARLY ULTRASOUNDS ��

I had an early scan yesterday at 5 weeks the sonographer had me terrified kept going in and out of the room then switched to tvs and kept talking about my ovary and saying I have a lot of fluid and still hasn't mentioned a sac I was shaking and crying and she wasn't telling me anything just asked if I had any pain or bleeding (no) so another came in and said she could see a sac but didn't think it was big enough for 5 weeks (it was 5mm so only 1mm off and they grow 1mm per day,) and said I have excessive free fluid and there is something near my ovary and could be ectopic I'm terrified
I did explain that I had Ivf and had mild ohss and she looked at me like she had no idea what I just told her I'm so scared just waiting for hcg beta results
My conclusion I HATE EARLY ULTRASOUNDS ��

You poor thing, it looks like it's been a long road for you. That was totally unprofessional of the sonographer, for the record.

I'm currently waiting for a phone call my my doctor's office about yesterday's number. I really don't know what I'm looking for, like Kim said, I think I'll know if it's too low. If it's high enough, I still don't think that's a guarantee everything is ok, just a good baseline to start off on until Monday's second test and ultrasound. Does anybody have a time machine? Not only do I wish I could fast forward to Monday, but I'd like to be able to fast forward about a year... this is all just too painful.

Oh it's so crappy waiting I don't think they realise how hard this is :(
I got my beta result back it's 3655 wow it was only 137 a week ago lol I had a second scan at the private clinic where I had my Ivf and he said everything is perfect and as it should be at this stage and the fluid is from mild ohss from the Ivf and nothing to worry about I'm so relieved I have another blood test tomorrow :)

When will you get your bloods back?

Jillie - I am really pulling for you and all of us.

I had my 1st scan on Monday, was technically 6w0d but I know I ovulated cd17 not cd14 so really at most I was 5w4d. She could see the gest sac and yolk sac and found the bean right up against the uterine wall. But the u/s machine was not high resolution, very grainy and could not see a hb, I'm hoping it was just too early and she said this machine was not as sophisticated as others.

So of course I agree early scans are helpful but also cause more worry! I should've scheduled it for later this week or until I was at least 7w to not bring on so much worry. But it did rule out ectopic and blighted ovum, on the bright side. Next scan in 2.5 weeks. I am tempted to go back sooner!

hey Jillie

Thinking of you! I have been stalking all day to see your results!!!

Kim

Praying for you! This is such a stressful time. I am sending positive thoughts your way. :hugs:

I'm also here hoping to hear some good news! :hugs::hugs:

oh and have I told you that for this very reason and what you're going through, I am petrified to have my first scan... before my mc I was sooo excited for the scan but now... I'm so afraid of what they will and won't see...

big hugs for you... everything is still crossed here :) :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->