five year old missing!!

Why can't he just do the decent thing and tell them where she is, for god's sake let her come home :cry:

If he is guilty when he says he isnt, is down right cruel. The poor family has already been through enough without having to go through a detailed trial.

That said, maybe it was an accident, where he didnt mean it kill her.

Does anyone know yet what has caused the police to believe it was this mark guy? Or have they not released any of the info.

Originally i thought he had handed himself in...but obvio not if he pleaded not guilty.

Just hope the family can one day get the closure they must so desperatly need.

This was put on the facebook page.

The judge made an order under the Contempt of Court Act that none of the evidence mentioned should be publicly reported.
But he added that Bridger's barrister's statement that Bridger was "probably responsible" for the death of April and that the accused was not guilty of murder could be reported.

I feel so sorry for the family having to go through this trial. Lets just hope the police have enough evidence.

"probably responsible" says to me that is alot more to what happened then we know

If he is guilty when he says he isnt, is down right cruel. The poor family has already been through enough without having to go through a detailed trial.

Wouldn't he then be charged with man slaughter? I don't think he has admitted anything.

Why does it matter if it was an accident? A child is still dead and her parents have a right to know where she is and to put her to rest.

Oh i know that!!

I dont have any simpathy or anything for this man or anything.

I guess i was just thinking out load. Trying to find some answers. If hes probably responsible for her death then why is he pleading not guilty.

Like a lot of people who originally joined in with this thread, where and still are very effected by this story. Myself, i was sure todays plea would be guilty, so just trying to figure out whats happened.

Will they eventually let out the details of whats gone on? Like the evidence etc. I'm not sure how it works.

But im dreading hearing the details if they do :(

When they say he probably caused it does that mean he has admitted something?

Ive still been following the story as much as its been told, since this thread went quiet.

I cant believe whats happened today!

My question is if hes not guilty of murder, yet probably is responsible for her death, then what the hell happened???

I have the same question!

"Probably responsible" for her death seems a bizarre statement, when given the absence of a body the police must have had some damning evidence!!

Can anyone shed some light? It just makes no sense to me

Sometimes you can be charged with murder, but the plea of not guilty is on the grounds of it being manslaughter instead...not that you're making a plea of not guilty to everything, just not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility...if that makes sense?

I think it's good that nothing is being reported on until it's done, it's not right that the press has the potential ability to sway a jury in any case. I presume it all becomes public knowledge once the verdict is given.

Sometimes you can be charged with murder, but the plea of not guilty is on the grounds of it being manslaughter instead...not that you're making a plea of not guilty to everything, just not guilty on the grounds of diminished responsibility...if that makes sense?

I think it's good that nothing is being reported on until it's done, it's not right that the press has the potential ability to sway a jury in any case. I presume it all becomes public knowledge once the verdict is given.

i don't know though if he was going on the grounds of manslaughter he would pleaded not guilty to murder, but would of probably pleaded guilty on the abduction and concealment charges.

He is being charged for three separate offensives and will be charged separately for each one therefore can make separate pleas for each charge

I can understand him pleading not guilty even if he has done it....I'd be more surprised if he had pleaded guilty tbh. But if you plead not guilty why woul your own defence barrister say you were probably responsible for her death?

The only thing i can think of of maybe he admits her being in the car and driving off perhaps she got out at some point and ran away, never returning home therefore is probably dead and he is therefore responsible for her dying but didn't actually kill her IYKWIM

im sure we will have some more details when it goes to trial.

I get what you mean Chell but think the police must have pretty damning evidence that she's no longer with us or he wouldn't ever have been charged with murder.

I can understand him pleading not guilty even if he has done it....I'd be more surprised if he had pleaded guilty tbh. But if you plead not guilty why woul your own defence barrister say you were probably responsible for her death?
Because murder has a requisite mens rea element - to intend to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

He's running the Ian Huntley defence essentially - and it's an incredibly difficult one to succeed with, but it does occasionally work.

Because murder has a requisite mens rea element - to intend to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

He's running the Ian Huntley defence essentially - and it's an incredibly difficult one to succeed with, but it does occasionally work.

So is he effectively pleading guilty to manslaughter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->