flowers

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
how much would you budget for flowers? i want one bouquet for me, two buttonholes for groom and best man and top table flowers, i want black, white and pink roses

ETA: and also what about photographer/someone to take video of the whole day?

x

Its hard for me to say budget as our currencies aren't the same. But, see if you can find any local people who just got out of school for either florists or photographers. Might not be crazy good (like Jaq's hubby, look at Katy's pictures!!!!) but you can get decent talent for relatively inexpensive.

My friend is doing our pictures for us as a wedding gift, and another friend who dabbles in gardening is doing my flowers. Although I am only doing my bouquet, my girls bouquets and we're not sure if P is doing boutoneers for his guys. :)

I have just spent £400 on flowers but that includes my bouqet, 4 bridesmaid ones, 3 flower firl baskets, pew ends x 10, 2 arrangements for the alter and one for top table. That florist is quite cheap tho, but does lovely flowers!!

Just booked my photographer yesterday and is costing £450 plus mileage for full day coverage and a memory box with 70 6x4 pics in, The album will be £100 on top of that. That is a friend of my uncles though and a really good deal. Google wedding photographer in your area and have a look through, that's what i did till i got offered that xx

Flowers - for buttonholes, bouquets and top table arrangement, you should be able to get for 250. However, with your colour scheme, black roses etc, you might be better getting silk flowers?

Photographers can cost from 500-5k so shop around to find someone within budget, I'll google some for you xxx

https://www.johnprendergastphotography.co.uk/carbon/index.htm (from 875)

https://www.nadineleephotography.co.uk/ (from 500)

https://www.hervephotography.co.uk/index.php

thanks babes, were getting married in darlington so have just looked for wedding photographers there and it seems about 500ish, extra for the video though i bet x

Im paying £250 for:
1 bridal
5 adult B'maids
1 groom buttonhole
2 father buttonholes
2 brother buttonholes
1 stepfather buttonhole
3 grooms men button holes
1 man of honour buttonhole

and then ive saved another £50 for the reception roses (im putting them in antique looking jam jars with black ribbon round them)- Ill be going down to the flower market early the previous day to pick up loads of roses.

Im also using the BM's bouquets in vases for the reception- just dotted everywhere.

...not sure on videographer- the best man is doing ours with a small digi.

2 flowergirl baskets
2 bm posy's
1 bride bouquet
10 table arrangements

all have added butterflys,pearls and decoration.blue and white roses the lot is £150

She is amazing and you wouldn't think they are wooden x

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wooden-dreams/150636084976936

Videographers are usually 500 upwards. We are 1400 for 2 cameramen, 3 cameras, and for them to film OH at home getting ready, me getting ready at venue and staying up until the 4th dance x

im gna have to wait till feb arent i :( im a bit gutted cos i wanted a horse and open cart but if i wait till feb i'll be able to afford one but will have to have closed cos itll be freeeeezing x

I just emailed around LOADS of photographers telling them my budget was £350 and asking what they could do for me. I found a lovely man who will do 5 hours photography with all photo's on a disk for that! I found some who said they could do it for £250 but I didn't like them as much.
This guy was at Salmesbury Hall wedding fayre too, so I have a lot of trust in him.
It may seem cheeky to ask, but sometimes you have to be to get a good deal.

That's a fab deal and definitely worth being upfront!! x

flowers im seriously considering doing myself now, iv watched youtube videos on how to do it and its actually a pi** take how easy it is!! I actually now am a little horrified at how much these florists charge!

I will have around 70 guests, so 7 centrepieces for 7 tables and iv decided on candelabras with a small amount of flowers and crystal droplets...and im going to look for a fresh flower market and do it myself with my sisters and mum the night before- there will be 7 of us so will be one each to do in the evening- guna be easy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->