Flying at 27w6d

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
I have no issues with flying and have made several flights already during my pregnancy, my question is more concerning the admin side of things.

I am due to fly to the UK in a few weeks and for the outbound flight I will be 26w3d - no problem with airline etc etc...

The return leg (10 days later) I will be 27w6d.

I have got the following from the airline website...

Expectant mothers can be accepted for travel up to 27 weeks (inclusive) without a medical certificate.

When travelling between 28 - 35 (inclusive) weeks a medical certificate issued by a doctor or midwife confirming the number of weeks of pregnancy is required confirming that the passenger is fit to fly. This document needs to be issued within the 5 days prior to departure.

Pregnant passengers cannot be accepted for travel on or after week 36, and therefore all return flights must be completed no later than week 36.

So my questions are....
At 27w6d do I need a letter? perhaps not by my reading.
If asked how pregnant I am and I reply 27 weeks will that cause me issues if I don't have a letter.
Is there any reason why I shouldn't say 25 or 26 weeks, are they really going to check up.

A few additional points:
Currently my bump is small and I can easily just look a bit podgy.
The flight is less than 90min long.
I have had no problems with my pregnancy so far.
My doctor is here in Switzerland and will give me notes but they will be in German and useless to most UK medical professionals.
I don't have a UK doctor and getting an appointment could be tricky.

I've wondered about this too. If you're not showing too much then hopefully you can get away with it anyway... I'd just give the airline a call to double check because it's going to be next to impossible for you to get a note within 5 days of going back I would have thought. I was flying for a good while and just tended to have a big coat or loose cardigan on so no-one would tell by looking at me that I was pregnant, I could easily just have been pudgy and hopefully they'd be too afraid to ask!!

Good luck hon xxx

Think I have decided just to say I am 25 weeks and let them try and question it if they must!

I flew when I was about 6 1/2 months but I looked like I should have given brith a month prior. I just called up my doctor and asked for a note, stopped by a few days before hand and grabbed it. On my outgoing flight I had no problems.... On the way home, they did not want to let me fly because they thought I was a "hazzard" to the flight. They were going to make me see the medical staff at the airport to ensure I was capable to fly. They thought the doctor was Lying on the note because I was so big. The manager came over and let me go by with no question what so ever. I would take a note just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->