FLYlady Support Thread!

Tulip

Ruby <i>, Dils, Rowan
Reaction score
So I've come to terms with the fact that I'm a crap housewife and need some help. I joined FLYlady last week and my Babysteps are going really well! I have a shiny sink and hob, I swish&swipe the bathrooms every morning and think I'm getting into a good routine. I feel proud of my home!

(OK I'm sitting on my arse this afternoon as PITA baby has wiped me out).

A few have said they want to join with me, so who's in? :)

Meeeee!!! :happydance::happydance:

I shall now go and find out what it's all about :haha:

Me too :plane: Have got all clean sheets and duvets on the beds, clean towels everywhere and kitchen floor swept....still need to do hob but bathrooms are passable. Its gonna need a bit of structure as both boys v demanding today and we had attack of flying ants :cry: I HATE ants!

You've started already!! I really need to get my ass in gear :haha:

Nice one, it sounds like you've been busy, i've been to Bradgate Park and had a BBQ does that count :blush:

Oh and the ants are flying here too, yuck :growlmad:

if you walked to the cafe and back then definitely, there a real sloping camber on the path so yep would say today you flew!

think tomorrow you may have to be in for flight to count as although going out means no mess at home you cant be out all the time.....

Nic does it count that tomorrow someone is coming to clean our gutters and facias inside and out?

Hubby said last night that he's really proud of me, it's like living with a different person :cloud9:

OK ladies, flight plan for today:
Get dressed
Make bed
Swish n swipe
Empty dishwasher
1 wash load.
15 minutes exercise
15 minutes declutter
5 mins dusting in the living room

This is not going well due to Snoring Limpet baby. I have taken expensive (and extensive) steps to address it, which should resolve things in a week or so. Will swish and swipe and hang washing when he wakes. Then 15 mins exercise carrying him to bus stop. Dust and declutter this afternoon and we're done :)

Hubby said last night that he's really proud of me, it's like living with a different person :cloud9:

OK ladies, flight plan for today:
Get dressed
Make bed
Swish n swipe
Empty dishwasher
1 wash load.
15 minutes exercise
15 minutes declutter
5 mins dusting in the living room

This is not going well due to Snoring Limpet baby. I have taken expensive (and extensive) steps to address it, which should resolve things in a week or so. Will swish and swipe and hang washing when he wakes. Then 15 mins exercise carrying him to bus stop. Dust and declutter this afternoon and we're done :)

Washing done and out :smug: and thats as far as i got due to napping baby :haha:

I'm in! Just got to wait for poorly baba to get better first (my house has never looked so messy) I shined my sink yesterday whilst he was napping though :D

I shall be joining you in this mission!

Yesterday I managed to do the following:

Pegged out two loads of washing to dry
Hoovered lounge and kitchen
Cleaned hob in kitchen

So far today I have done a bit of tidying but had to go out and get shopping for impending parental visit. Not sure how much I'll get done over next three days as parents will be staying and then we are at a wedding on Friday but I shall try and do a little bit each day to keep my momentum up :)

Strange question but...how do you ladies clean your hobs? Is there a lesson for it?! Is it the same method as the sink? No matter what I do it never looks shiny (its stainless steel)

I just use Mr Muscle Kitchen Cleaning spray. Spray on leave to soak in and then clean with a sponge or kitchen roll. Does the job - we do however have a white hob.

I use ecover all-purpose to clean it, dry with a dry tea towel... Baby oil if required :)

Well done girls you're doing fab! great start Kimmy and Shaz, well, you always put me to shame. I've tidied D's room while he napped in my bed, his sofa is set up for nighttime dozing with babe-in-arms :thumbup: The only problem zone now is the pit of a master bedroom :)

e-cloth!! Use normal washing up water to clean if doing it flystyleee followed by e-cloth to buff. Or if it needs a clean up I use dettol multi-surface spray and sponge/nonscratch scour sponge followed by e-cloth. They are fabulous things.

Well poor effort today....have managed to clean hob and sink area, we have had folks in to clean gutters and fascias, have a load of washing to do once OH home with his gym stuff then might do a window or two whilst hubby baths the boys....windolene wipes :D

:plane:

Well done Mogs :D

Today I have:
Swish n swiped
Shined sink and hob
Washload
Nappy wash
Dishwasher load and unload
Tidy D's room
Put a loaf on
Descale the kettle
About to start an asparagus and mushroom risotto