folic acid prescription

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
my sister works in the pharmacy where i picked up my folic acid prescription, i'm not ready to tell my family i'm pregnant, do you think the ladies at the pharmacy might bring it up casually in conversation with my sister?

Probably not, they get hundreds of prescriptions every dayx

its a very small pharmacy and they commented to me being my sisters sister, asking how she was (as she's been on holiday) and they are also going out tonight for a meal and bowling with my sister

They might then to be honest. Don't think they are meant to but might say something assuming your sister knows. You could just say you are going to start trying soon as you need to really be taking it 3 months before conceiving ideally x

I probably would have gone somewhere else... But I'm sure they can't spill the beans. X

I probably would have gone somewhere else... But I'm sure they can't spill the beans. X

i would have if i could but there are only 2 pharmacys where i live and she works 5 days in 1 and 1 day in the other!!! i didnt think they would recognise me as her sister as we dont look alike and i've only been in twice in the 5 years shes worked there

Well, confidentiality should matter but in the event someone says something your sister likely will avoid it lol

As for the folic acid, my doctor told me to stop taking it once I got pregnant. Said there is more than enough in the prenatal vitamins.

could you not just buy some from a store until your ready to tell her hun? Thats what i would have had to do if i didnt need a higher dose. xx

I don't think legally they can share with anyone what type of prescriptions you are on. Small town or not - there are still laws on that.
Also, I was taking prescription folic acid before I was even pregnant. My Dr. wanted me on that while we were trying - so being on a prescription folic acid does not 100% mean you are pregnant to anyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->