Food aversions, anyone else?

Reno

Mama to 2 boys
Reaction score
The list of foods I can manage is shortening by the day! Yesterday i was down to bread and fruit but this morning I can't even handle the smell of bread! Hardest part is having to prepare food for two kids at home! I want to curl up in a ball lol. All for a good cause!

Oh poor you! I also lived off a handful of foods for a few weeks from about weeks 6-9. I could eat cereal,yogurt and toast with honey.
I still have the odd moment of aversions but it is a lot better now!
I am still completely off chicken and any kind of minced meat.

I can no longer prepare the food in my house. Touching raw meat makes me feel that I also want to hurl lol. I actually can't eat many of my favorite foods, especially anything tomato based.

I'm with you. Mine keep changing but generally I've gone off all food. The only food I've managed consistently is ham sandwiches in a specific bread roll from a local bakers! On my worst days, I just eat 3 sandwiches as my meals! This last week I thought I'd give peanut butter a try as it's my favourite usually and thankfully I've found it OK on cream crackers. I figured it was a good shout as high calories and fat to fill me up a bit but small portion. I've been loosing weight so I'm hoping this might just help!

Hang in there, I think the food aversion has been the biggest shock to me. I expected sickness, fatigue, headaches etc but I'd never heard of food aversion in pregnancy, just cravings! So it took me by surprise :) Its a hard symptom to explain to people and it's harder to deal with than you might expect! I hope it passes in the second tri!

I'm with you there. Almost all food is off for me. I'll get small windows here and there to eat, but it can hop away as quickly as it comes!

Oh yes I know the feeling. The list of foods seem to change all the time and I can not stand the smell of most cooked foods. Today I basically ate pretzels, yogurt, an apple and string cheese.

Only 4-5 weeks but the first on the list is onions. Normally I love them but a definite no no. I had 2 mmc before my son so this is my 4th pregnancy and it's the same every time.

I am averse to almost all foods. Hope it passes in the next three weeks as it is US Thanksgiving and I will be super bummed if I can't eat all the regular foods.

I cut back to one cup of coffee a day as soon as I got my BFP.. It started tasting a little funny but I love my caffine so much I powered through at first. This morning I dumped it down the drain. And my daily breakfast of an egg over easy is creeping me right out.

The only aversion ive experienced so far is to coffee. I LOVE my coffee so this is a tough one to deal with. I switched over to decaf pretty much right after i got my BFP so it doesnt taste right either. Probably wont bother with it for a while.
As for food i have yet to find anything that revolts me. I can eat. Smell or prepare anything. I didnt have aversions at all with my DS. Just wicked fruit cravings. I ate alot of fruit lol. I think this time around may be similar.

I also went off coffee for a few weeks. I still can not brew it at home because the smell lingers forever but recently I have been able to have one from a coffee shop which seems like a win.
Also obsessed with fruit!

Out of interest - to those who've done this before, do food aversion tend to go away as morning sickness does? (Hopefully, I know not everyone!) or do they persist a bit longer? Do they gradually go or one day you suddenly fancy eating again? It's such a struggle not wanting to eat anything, I can't actually wait to feel normal again and actually fancy eating my usual loves of pasta, pizza and a roast dinner! I genuinely feel quite sad watching my OH tuck into his dinner every night. I hate the food he's eating but somewhere in my brain is the memory of loving it!

I have become extremely picky ,my nausea is so bad I often feel too sick to eat . Smells really bother me and it seems like my taste buds aren't the same things taste so differently . Cheese and fruits always sound good except for mangos. However if I'm craving something , I have to have it cause I won't settle for anything else !

Meat...most kinds of meat smell funny and taste funny to me this time?! I try to convince myself it's only pregnancy playing with my head and that I should eat it in moderation but I just can't!!! It makes me feel so sick!!! I think these things come in waves....I went through a faze of eating mostly fruit the last time and that is so out of character for me 😝 And sweets!!! This time it's all about salads 😂

Well the food aversions came at me full speed. For the last couple days NOTHING sounds good. Even the thought of certain foods make me gag now. Not cool! Oh well. Citrus fruits are ALWAYS a go
I can survive off oranges right? 😂

I'm on oranges at the mo too :) but specifically tinned ones! Also enjoying tinned pineapple which I normally hate! Pregnancy is bizarre!

I was good with oranges until this morning. Had one that was a little on the dry side and my belly was just not having it.

The thought of tinned oranges sounds so good right now!!! Shame I can't say the same for much else!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->