for once a positive newspaper article about older mothers

sarahincanada

Love my lil miracle
Reaction score
heres an article today from a paper in the uk, I am sharing it as I felt it was fairly positive and contained some interesting points:

"Studies in the United States have found that having a child in your 40s increases your chances of living to be 100 by more than four times — thought to be linked to a more active lifestyle.

"A recent survey from the University of Iowa of IVF children aged eight to 17 found that the children had consistently higher IQ scores than those born naturally, and that the older the mother, the brighter the child."

"Widespread birth control became available only in the Sixties. Before that, large families were more commonplace. Countless generations took it for granted that women who didn’t die giving birth would go on having children right through their fertile years — well into their 40s in many cases. Charles Darwin had ten children with his wife, Emma, who gave birth to the last one when she was 48."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ve-evidence-suggests-make-BETTER-mothers.html

Great article Sarah. Had a number of very good points!

Loving it!

Although I still don´t feel old:muaha:

I love it! And soooo true.

My Grandmother had my mom & her twin at 44 and lived to be 96 and her twin sister who had childern even older lived to 102!

Awesome.

I am really interested in the higher IQ link. I wonder what the connection is.
Very interesting for sure.

FYI-I had a patient today that was 46 and 34 weeks with twins. Lovely lady!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thanks Sarah! It is a great article! and Good news as well!

Awesome.

Love it ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I love it! And soooo true.

My Grandmother had my mom & her twin at 44 and lived to be 96 and her twin sister who had childern even older lived to 102!

my grandmother had my mum at 40 in 1939, and she lived to be 92....so we are all going to live a long life :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Awesome.

I like the idea that while we may have fewer good eggs, when they stick it's cause they're really really good. :)

Awesome.

I like the idea that while we may have fewer good eggs, when they stick it's cause they're really really good. :)

my friend took a couple of years to conceive each of her children (mid 30's), meanwhile quite a few of her friends fell quicker but had MC's. She thinks when it takes time its more likely to be sticky, but obviously its not always the case. It breaks my heart when someone who has been TTC for years gets pregnant then MC's, thats just cruel :cry:

Awesome.

ready were they natural or assisted (if she shared with you)

so when we all have babies they will all be brilliant! :happydance:

that is a great article, balanced and realistic. Thanks for posting it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->