For Symptom Spotters

KittyKatBabe

Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I don't know about you but since my losses each month I am a lil gaga with the symptoms. Trying to remember the difference between pregnant and non pregnant months, I think its because with the losses I just want the feeling back and to have a healthy baby. So with that in mind I do (despite not wanting to all the time) symptom spot. I log it with Fertility Friend and Countdown to Pregnancy, some months I wonder if I have overcompensated my symptoms to try and build up my need to be there again and get the same feelings. But anyway I was wondering what people class for the following;

Cramps - I have mild tingling and burning sensations, pulling etc in my tummy area, they are there most of the day and i can forget they are happening.

Gas - I know this isn't a nice one, but as well as 'trumping' a lot every day I seem to be burping a lot and have a feeling of 'heartburn' in chest.

Frequent Urination - What is classed as frequent? Would you say once an hour, 2 hours? Night waking does it have to be more than once?

Fatigue/Exhaustion - How tired is tired?

As you can see girls I am probably over complicating the process but I just wonder if I am classing stuff as symptoms when I shouldn't be.

How does everyone else feel about symptoms?

X:wacko:

Cramps - I think this one is tough on FF, because it doesn't differentiate between types like CTP does. I class anything that counts on CTP as a cramp-type feeling (twinges, dull ache, pulling, pinching, all of them) as "cramps" on FF. :shrug:

Gas - I think this is kind of dependent to how you normally are. I know I tend to get pretty unfortunate gas pains when I'm gassy. But, if its significantly more than you are used to... I'd say yes!

Frequent Urination - Again... I think it depends on how often you're used to going. I generally go pretty often normally. But, "frequent" for me is when I'm going several times an hour and have to get up even once at night (when I normally don't). If you usually only go 3 or 4 times a day, I think even double that would be "frequent" in that case.

Fatigue/Exhaustion - :rofl: I tend to think that you'll know you're exhausted if you are! I class it as those days that I could pretty much curl up and sleep again no matter how much I've slept!

I over-analyze too! I can't help it! I find myself thinking "Does this count? Is it enough to be considered a symptom? Is this truly more than normal? Or am I just noticing more than normal?" That sort of thing! It's hard to make heads or tails of! LOL

I think Megg has got it pretty much spot on. I think you have to compare it to how you are normally. If you are usually a gassy person then you know whether the amount you are getting is unusual for you. At the moment I'm literally trumping every 10 minutes :blush: I am usually up and down to the loo but I know that what I've been having is more increased than normal.

When it comes to cramps on FF if I have anything that I can really certainly feel as a defined cramp I will tick it, it is easier on CTP as it gives different kinds of cramps listed.

Tiredness I think if you feel more tired that usual, could fall asleep at any time and sleep is not satisfying you then to me that is fatigue.

I'm just making it up as I go along :shrug: like you I do worry that I am over analysing things though I must admit.

Well Im 6dpo I think and dont have any major symptoms - but I note mine all through the cycle, so if I feel more tired than yesterday then I note it down, I find I tend to wee more after and around ovulation, am hoping that starts up again so I can symptom spot again!

Thanks girls, as i say its true. I have been dieting so it could be that which is adding to it. But this is where I am at the min, but I am thinking its down to ovulation more than what I wanted it to be lol

Urination - usually every couple of hours for me then if I am boozing I would say a bit more. But I am peeing within the hour and more if I drink more, I have been woken up 2 nights on the bounce in the early hours wanting to pee.

Gas - past 2 days I am pumping like mad (oh yes lovely I know lol - usually do this more as I get closer to AF a lot closer).

Cramps - twinges and cramps in lower part but tbh these could be just from all the other things which have gone on.

Headache - a lot of headaches for a couple of hours last 2 days

Bloaty tummy

Fatigue - on/off last 2 days

But as usual did some digging and all of these can be symptoms of ovulation too, so I am guessing as that happened this week then this is what it is for me. Shucks!

I don't wana put a dampner on things..but the one month our donor couldn't make it, I STILL symptom spotted constantly, then I'd remember 'oh yeah, I cudn't possibly be pregnant' lol. So I think sometimes we see what we wana see yano!! Because the month I got pregnant, I had NO symptoms at all!!!

I currently have cramps, peeing alot, hungry, so tired..so we'll see lol

I fully know what you mean, I just think its impossible for me to not though, but with my first innocent pregnancy I just got a feeling right near AF, I just wish I had that back if that makes sense.

Good luck all and baby :dust: to us all, with extra special stickiness. x x

Have a nice weekend all of you I am off to watch CBB. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"