For the mummies who had summer babies

shortie1990

Mummy to two under 2 :)
Reaction score
Aren't you glad you're not heavily pregnant in this heat!! It was 26 degrees before at 5pm when I went out!

And just so glad I'm not like 30+ weeks pregnant swelled up like a balloon like last year :haha:

It was awful wasn't it! Well, amazing to be pregnant but hard to endure the heat! I melted!

Last summer was awful! I was also balloon-like!

I had a May 2010 baby and it was really warm in the weeks running up to my due date, it made me feel even more exhausted! We went for a stroll today and I was sweating it was so hot - don't envy all the pg ladies in this heat x

It. Was. AWFUL!!!

Im gonna *try* and not do that again next time!

im right there with you! I had LO in july, and he was 6 days overdue i was more then ready for his arrival with this heat!

and i will add the heat here is a LOT worse then in the UK! today for example its 33C but the humidity means it feels closer to 38C. hot hot hot.

Noooo, I'm pregnant again after having my dd last July and am feeling the heat already. I think I'll be moaning a lot about it on facebook.

A year ago today was my due date. I had to wait another five days for LO to arrive. I remember sitting in a friend's garden with my elephantitis feet plunged in their little girl's paddling pool while sporting a lovely puce complexion and watching my friends and their OHs drinking wine and beer while I indulged in a sneaky nip of Gaviscon.

I'm the odd one out as i loved ever second of having a bump when it was hot & i will hopefully do it all over again soon.

I even managed the hottest glastonbury festival on record at 35 weeks pregnant & loved every second. every one was telling me i was stupid for going & i proved them all wrong.

I loved showing my bump off in summery dresses & shorts, bikinis etc & if i got too hot in the garden i turned the sprinkler on lol

Ahh i was my biggest in June and July (Aliyah was born 28th July) and i was so frustrated and hot all summer!

I am soooo having a winter baby next time! :dohh:

I had a winter baby (29th Dec) and let me tell you it is not as easy as you might think! A huge bump makes you unsteady enough without having to add in snow and ice while you waddle along!

Gah Ive almost forgotten how bad it was but then I look at photos and see how swollen EVERYTHING was. Even the midwives commented on how swollen I was. At 15 days late I wasnt too impressed with my LO.So glad I can enjoy this summer a normal size!

I'm the odd one out as i loved ever second of having a bump when it was hot & i will hopefully do it all over again soon.

I even managed the hottest glastonbury festival on record at 35 weeks pregnant & loved every second. every one was telling me i was stupid for going & i proved them all wrong.

I loved showing my bump off in summery dresses & shorts, bikinis etc & if i got too hot in the garden i turned the sprinkler on lol

That's what I thought it would be like! Lazy days on maternity leave, resting and pottering around the garden etc etc. But no, I was a whale, with tree trunk legs. Could barely walk up the garden path!

Summery clothes were good though, can't imagine having to wrap up for w winter bump!

i had my LO in may 10 and it was sooo warm when i was in labour and in hospital!! glad i avoided the summer being pregnant though i was soo hot today with no bump ect

I had Isaac in the middle of a super hot Aussie summer. The week he was born we were having temps in the high 30's and sone 40 degree days!!! Ouch!!! I was so hot and uncomfortable and couldn't sleep!

On the plus side, I was glad once he was here, it was easier to get up for night feeds when it wasn't cold.

Next time I'm hoping to be pregnant through winter and give birth in spring, perfect!

I had morning sickness through the hottest summer on record in Japan, day after day of 35+ deg which feels much hotter because of the high humidity here. On the plus side though I felt much warmer than usual in winter, April was the perfect time to have a baby weather-wise here. If we have another one I will probably try for similar timing.

This heat is awful, how can I be so warm at 3:30am??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->