For the Reproductively Challenged xxxxx

Job hunt it sucking right now so I'm probably not going to be monitored for another cycle. I ordered my clomid and provera online today. By the time it gets here (who wants to pay for super express shipping) it'll probably be time to use it.
I'm hoping I find another job soon, but I still have my old job until April 23rd so I have a little more time still.

I hope you find something shlindz!!!

shlindz - Love that you had fun with those grenades!!!!! :shock:
but I've had a look at your chart and its not very helpful - I'd say Ov hasn't happened yet. but looks like you're DTD enough to cover it.

I'm just waiting for my IVF planning appointment on Wednesday - where we'll sit down with a nurse and talk dates - to decide when we're gonna start with the down-regulation.
We had our first IVF appointment to get us registered a few weeks ago and OH's :spermy: are crap but when 'prepped' for IVF they're OK. Its got a 1 in 3 chance of working and we get 3 cycles on the NHS so fingers crossed!

Thanks Kelly :hugs:

Cazd, I'm so stoked for you!!!! 1 in 3 are awesome odds. Can you explain what you mean by "start with the down regulation"? Wednesday isn't far away at all. You gotta let us know right away how the appointment goes!!!

And ya my chart is totally wonky this cycle. I'v never seen it this bad. The funny part is that my wake up times are fairly the same throughout, so it's not that causing the roller coaster. Hopefully it's my hormones balancing themselves out. This is still the first cycle on Met so maybe my body is adjusting. Haven't had any side affects from it in a while ***Thank goodness****

Woohoo for 3 free cycles! We would have had to pay for it out of pocket so I am happy it didn't go that way. Although I hope you don't need to do it either!

well the planning appointment next week is to discuss when we start IVF.
It starts on CD1 so probably won't be next cycle but the one after that.
Down-Regulation = daily injections from CD1 for 2 weeks.
this kind of induces the menopause! it totally dampens natural hormonal function so that in week 3 they can take over control of the cycle with more injections of other drugs. an IVF cycle is 6 weeks long. And if it doesn't work you've got to wait for your system to get back to normal before you can try again - so it could be a year before the 3 cycles are done :shrug:

Wow Cazd! Sounds like IVF= Hormone Havoc. :wacko: I didn't know so much went into IVF. I mean I knew it couldn't be very simple, but wow. Good luck at your appointment hun. Hopefully you get to start asap. :hugs:

Cazd some good news is most people don't have to wait that long, your body should get back to normal pretty quick unless you're the exception. I had a friend who did her egg retrieval then got bfn then 2 weeks later or 3 weeks later did a frozen egg transfer. Here's to hoping you won't need a second one anyway!

I'm not sure what they'll do at my clinic - freeze the embryos... maybe...
that'd be good 'cos then you can skip the down regulation and egg retrieval process.

oh and about the hormones.... the consultant said to OH that he should find an "outside" hobby :rofl:

Hahahaha an "outside" hobby. That's hilarious. When we were fist given the Clomid the nurse told DH to be "forgiving". I hope they freeze your unborn children Cazd. Not like you'll need them, because you are so getting PG first round!!! :happydance: I'm only thinking of your second, third, fourth, and fifth Children. Might as well defrost and pop em in when it's time. (lol only a true infertile would could speak of frozen babies in such a context)

:hugs:
I'm super excited for you Cazd!

They should freeze them all clinics I Have heard about do so try not to worry about it!

So I'm having a bad pma day. Startin to feel sorry for myself. I'm usually not like this, but I'v got a cold and I feel sick and whiny. So I came here, because if anyone will understand it's you ladies. Just feel like it shouldn't be this hard. When I imagined ttc I pictured having fun bding then getting anxious waiting to test then celebrating with DH while we argue over baby names. Ya it sounds a little cliche and corny, but I like corny. I didn't expect ttc to maake bding feel like a chore, or involve taking temps and soooo many meds. I didn't expect the heartbreak each cycle waiting to O and feeling so useless as a women when you don't. I guess that's how I'm feeling right now. Pretty useless. Can't get my own damn body to do what is supposed to be the most natural thing on earth. :cry:Sorry if I'm bringing everyone down. I just came back from an Easter dinner with the family and I hate answering all the are you pregnant yet questions and hearing all the bad advice. My all time favourite being "just relax and it will happen". Well Dammit I couldn't be more relaxed if I had a Zen garden strapped to my ass. Ok maybe a little over bored, but I'm sure you guys know how it is. Sometimes I wish we had never even told anyone we were ttc. We were so excited, but now we just feel ashamed. :sad1:
Thanks for lsitening to my rant ladies. I just needed to release all the emotions I'v kept bottled up today.

I hope you feel better soon shlindz, most of us have been there so we get it. I hated the just relax and it'll happen sentence to. Although oddly enough the month I totally forgot about ttc I got preggers but obviously my problems were different from what you have going on. Did you take the double up on clomid yet?

Thanks Kelly, I'm starting to worry I'll never O. First round of Clomid 50mg and follies didn't grow at all. Second round 100mg, no monitioring so I can't tell if follies grew, but still no O at day 24, with really eratic temps. I'm trying 150mg next cycle, but again no monitoring. We're not gonna go back to the fertility clinic until I'v found another job. It doesn't cost nearly as much as our American friends, but the driving to and from causes my husband to miss work, and I don't want to miss any of the work I have left either. I ordered my next prescriptions online. Some Provera and some Clomid. I'm a little iffy about it, but I'm gonna be examining those pills closely before anything goes in my mouth. lol I'v heard of stories where they'll send placebo pills that look like the real thing. Or they'll send the wrong pill in general. I don't want either of those to happen.

Why not just go to a pharmacy then instead of ordering online?

They are still a prescription med and my prescription is out. Some online pharmacies don't require a subscription because they are from countries that don't require prescriptions. Mexico is one of them. So if you order from Mexico it's a little sketchy, but hey us infertile's will pretty much do anything.
I read a joke the other day,

-How many infertiles does it take to screw in a light bulb?
-Screw in a light bulb? Do you think it will help?

I laughed so hard. There's this awesome blog written by a women who is having trouble conceiving. It's called 999 reasons to laugh at infertility. I'd post the link, but I don't think the rules of the forum allow it. A quick google search should work though.

Hey shlindz, hope you're feeling better. I would definitely be very cautious about any pills ordered off the Internet. Be careful hun...fx fx fx!

Thanks Tysonme. I'm gonna be very very cautious. I went with a pharmacy that others have suggested and trust. I know what the pills are supposed to look like too so I can physically make sure they look the same. Whether or not they are chemically the same I won't know until I try them. Still hoping I'll O and I won't have to worry :)

Me too hun!! So are you just waiting for the Provera to arrive and then you'll start or are you going to wait a little more? I know in an earlier post you said you were going to wait a few weeks...?

Oh wow... You've really made laugh! The joke is fab and the zen garden comment LMAO!
but hey... I'm sorry yr feeling down about it. Don't worry about moaning... We all love a good moan. and we totally know how u feel :hugs:

well... I've got some xciting news... I got spotting today. Last time I had that I got a lfp! So I'm testing tomorrow. But if it's neg it's ok cos our appt is at 1:30! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->