for those of us who are already mummies

moomin_troll

mummy to zane and corey
Reaction score
what have u learnt from ur previous pregnancy(ies) and birth(s) that u will do differently next time?

next time around i will keep myself more active during pregnancy and stick to doing yoga, altho havin a toddler to run around after im sure will keep me active enough.

i will also be trying that perineum massage thing in hopes it works hahaha.

also during labour im hoping i will be able to be more active and walk around and not just go into a blind panic and spend me active time crying and shaking like a leaf.

and i will have to remember to breathe thru contractions! i kept holding my breath lol

For the pregnancy I want to keep working up till 40 weeks if I can. I went to 38wks with my first before starting mat leave because the job was pissing me off too much lol. I agree about keeping active too, so I'll keep doing the karate for as long as my MW lets me (minus the fighting bits of cause!) though I'm not sure if your allowed too because of your ligaments going soft. *shrugs*

I'll defo have another hypnobirth but instead of my birth plan being two A4 sides long like it was last time it's going to be:
"Hypnobirth
Don't give me drugs
Syntocinon
IM Vit K

The End"
I swear no bugger read the damn thing anyway, and it was all neatly word processed and everything :rofl:

Ditto with the perineum massage :thumbup:

I will take more photos when pregnant... I didn't find out until late last time, and I think I only have 2 photos with a visible bump!

I wont eat as much lol i pretty much did teh whole eat for 2 thing.

I want a home birth next time so also after an hour of contractions i will call the midwife and not get fobbed off since this time labour was 4hours and at 2hours in i was told stay at home and sit it out for a few hours then come in.

Of course will already having a Lo i wont do that whole sleeping like all day thing i did before lol

Also same as you to breath i also held my breath lol

Start baby wearing since i only jsut really started with Lo now.

my birth plan went down the pan but i was pretty open minded.

i havent looked into hypno birthing so i think ile have a look into that this time, i wanted a water birth last time so will try for one again i think.

i only had g&a and a peth injection which didnt do anything for me so was a total waste of time, so wont be having that again. i didnt use much gas and air i just bit down on the mouth piece lol

zane didnt have the vit k injection so next lo wont either, i also want to try breastfeeding i didnt last long at all with zane.

also same as lauren i didnt take many pictures of being pregnant or after i had zane, loads of him but not me or him so will defo be more camera happy next time

I'd like to do my birth mostly the same, but I'll probably go in earlier haha. With Ryan I stayed at home until my waters broke, and I was 8-9cm when I got into hospital and had to start pushing straight away.. so I think I should get there before! Especially if 2nd baby comes more quickly.

I only used gas&air (due to getting there too late for much else), but I'd like to just use that next time too, if possible.

i was induced so i want to be able to spend more time at home, just sitting around waiting did my head in lol

reading the posts so far i forgot how much there is to think about, i hope some wtt who are trying for baby 1 read this too

I agree about having more photos while pregnant. The only one I've got is from Halloween with me dressed up as a pregnant zombie :doh:

I am going to try and convince myself my due date is 2 weeks later than it is, lol, that way I wont get so stressed about being overdue ... and generally try and chill out more, I stressed the whole way through and this time I will try and relax a bit more.

Birth wise I will request an epidural and as much Morphine as possible lol, I tried the natural thing but I am just not cut out for it and gas and air just annoyed me.

Having watched the born every minute programmes on the channel four player I will also try and involve hubby more, bless him he was so good but everything he tried to do annoyed me so he just kept out of my way lol!

i'll try not to eat as much! i put on 4 stone when pregnant with my son!:shock: it wouldn't have been as bad but the weekend i found out i was pregnant was the weekend i celebrated reaching my target weight by losing 5 stone!:dohh:

my birth went pretty much how i wanted it to, it just took ages. but i think i'll defo do the perineum massage too.

the other thing will be to leave the birth centre when i want to. i had my son on the saturday morning but couldn't leave til the monday cause my mum wanted to clean my flat for me and get some shopping in first (i lived on my own). my flat was pretty spotless anyway but she wanted to catch up on her sleep on the sunday before she did anything!

More pregnancy photos...really have about two!

I want to keep active, I walked to work and back nearly every day in my pregnancy and I ate really healthy so hope to do that again. I craved oranges! LMAO

I want to use cloth nappies with #2, I have tried one with Joshua and Im convinced. Oh has agreed to use them for #2 but doesn't want to change to them yet. Kind of agree as we don't have the money to swap now.

Umm think most things I will do the same...although co -sleeping, hmmm can I cope with them both never leaving my bed LMAO

i co slept with zane and he grew out of it himself by 6 months, hes only in my bed now when hes just starting to feel ill. id love to co sleep again but i no oh doesnt want to.

ok silly quetion for someone not been through it, whats a perineum massage?

perineum is the name of ur hole basicaly if u didnt no that and massaging it is supposed to lower the risk of tearing/being cut during birth :)

Next pregnancy I definitely want a prenatal massage lol!!

I want to be more in shape the next time I get pregnant, gain less weight (eat healthier, less impulsively).. and stay active throughout it (though I did work on my feet til 37 weeks I didn't go on walks etc right to the end)

Next time I'm going to have a scheduled c-section (had emergency this time) and not rush my hospital stay :thumbup:

Next time I want a Boppy pillow for extra support while holding the baby initially.. I am going to get a change table next time, I thought I'd be fine without it but I have the squirmiest child ever.

woooo ive gota go for massages when pregnant! my oh would always moan when id ask him to do my back

I intend to stay at work as long as I possibly can; I'll be part time then anyway so it'll be much easier. Once I'd finished last time I felt like I could have continued longer than the 35 weeks I finished at, it just seemed the right time to finish, plus it was right before xmas lol :mrgreen: I certainly won't buy as much before hand and I'd like to make an attempt at keeping a diary of my pregnancy so I can have the pleasure of recalling it all later :cloud9: xx

Honestly ... i dont think id do anything differently, i felt last time my pregnancy and labour were pretty smooth sailing

Only thing i an pissed about is that i forgot my camera and to charge my mobile, so could only take 1 photo of Brooke when she was born, so thats deffo on my to do list :lol:

i will ban people taking my picture the day after lo is born as i looked like the walking dead after i had zane, my face just sunk. i shall have to keep my make up to hand lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->