for those of us who are already mummies

Hm been thinking about some other stuff!

Next time I want to have Elyse paint my tummy or help do a plaster cast of it :)

If we find out the sex (though I wouldn't mind staying on team yellow next time) I want to have a party to make the big reveal :)

And next time I'm excited to do a nursery just how I want it <3 Elyse & I share a room, nothing too exciting in terms of painting and choosing furniture this time around.

I am going to hope like mad that everything works out as well as it did last time in terms of ms, being able to work, natural birth, and a healthy LO.

Aside from that I want to take more pics! LO was a month early and was born the day before I was supposed to have professional maternity pics taken so I don't have any *sniff* I would also like to do a cast of my tummy. Also because he was early and I was in another city I didn't even have a camera so I only have phone pics of LO when he was first born.

In terms of the birth, I want LO put on my chest and try and bf right away. I was in such shock last time - this time I want to be more focused on LO and spend more time cuddling right away. Also I want to be the one to wash him - the nurses did everything last time.

Ideally I would also like to have a better diet, but last time I had some serious food aversions (all seemed to be health food - hmmmm) so I lived on pasta and potatoes. I also didn't start my prenatals until I got my bfp, which I was angry at myself for. I had been taking them religiously, but TTC took a long time and I got lazy. Not this time - I am starting them as soon as I get the prescription from the doc in a few weeks!

Nothing about the actual labour tbh. I really enjoyed mine and I think I did really well :blush: I had no tears or anything either.
Next time round I'll be having a homebirth (hopefully in a birthing pool) and I'm gonna use a TENS for the early contractions.

I will not have pethidine
I will not even attempt to find out the sex
I will consider a home birth but if I do decide on the hospital I will not be pushed out of the door when I have a history of very very fast labours.

ooh I'd like to film the birth too.

my oh was on about filming the next birth as im always asking him questions about zanes birth like how he thought i coped and what things looked like haha

id love to do a plaster cast of my bump i wanted to with zane but never got round to it.

also the day of my induction a leak started in the front room so i couldnt go back home after having zane so i was very uptight and that also made breastfeeding hard as i was at my mums n had her new boyfriend just walking in and staring at me.

so im lookin forward to being able to go to my own home after, sleep in my own bed and feel comfortable unlike last night

Good thread!

I will stay at home as long as possible and sleep as much as possible too. Hopefully this will mean I won't need to have any Diamorphine as I had it to help me rest between contractions after only a couple of hours sleep in 4 days.

I will not eat like a pig after the birth either as I was a stone lighter than pre preg, but have whopped it all back on again now (loss was due to severe MS)

I'll take more bump pics (1 a week)

Hi its only 12 months since I last gave birth, but if there is one thing I want to do is the perineum massage. I had a hypnobirth in a water pool last time and it was great, so hoping that happens again. Might even consider a home birth (if I'm brave enough.)

Feeling a little bit guilty because i kept a pregnancy diary for my first baby and not even started one this baby.... Is that bad...? I've been too busy chasing my one year old ;o)

Hi its only 12 months since I last gave birth, but if there is one thing I want to do is the perineum massage. I had a hypnobirth in a water pool last time and it was great, so hoping that happens again. Might even consider a home birth (if I'm brave enough.)

Feeling a little bit guilty because i kept a pregnancy diary for my first baby and not even started one this baby.... Is that bad...? I've been too busy chasing my one year old ;o)

dont feel bad.

its never too late to start making a diary

Cross my legs when i hit 27 weeks?

:rofl:

i couldnt even imagine having my baby so early must of been very scary for u x

just watched one born every minute where this woman was pushing her los head out.

the mw was really coaching her thru and took it so slow, where as my mw just told me to push like mad up until she cut me then it was another push really hard again.

i hope next time i get a better mw who will help me breath and slowly push lo out not just get it all over with

oh and i will pack my hospital BEFORE igo into labour lol that wasnt a fun experince :rofl:

I'm going to cook my bum off while I'm pregnant and freeze everything. Hubby and I were just eating crap for months after LO was born and I gained more weight after the pregnancy than I did during. lol

I'm going to make even more bump piccies and might even get some professionals done.

Other than that I wouldn't do anything differently.

i was lucky as my oh was a chef before joining the army so id get a home cooked meal after hed finish work.

i packed my hospital bag at 28weeks lol then washed everything again and repacked at 38 weeks lol even tho wen at hospital zane pooed all over his babygrow and oh had taken 2 out of my bag and hadnt put them back in so i had to borrow some from the hospital. i wasnt impressed lol

what a fab post :D I have quite a few things that I would like to do different :)

My pregnancy was pretty plain sailing - although had BP issues towards the end - left work at 36 weeks - had izzie at 39 weeks (the day I was suppose to leave work) so that worked out ok but what would I change....

1. Take more piccies of my bump
2. Have a VBAC...izzie was emergency c-section due to the hospital being a pain in the ass :( long story short - will push for vbac next time :)
3. Have skin to skin contact straight away - really struggled to bond with izzie
4. Take more photos after izzie was born - was so out of it - went out of my mind :( luckily I have a photo of her when she was 2hrs old as I had my camera phone :D and my cousins etc took lots of pictures aswell :D
5. IF it looks like I cant have a VBAC (dont see why not) I will buy a pillow so I can BF izzie - I b/f her easily the first time - didnt hurt or anything but struggled after as I was in pain and unwell :(

These are the only things I would change - due to so many complications I would hope that second time around it would be very different birth wise :)

once everyone gets their bfps i will be watching closely to see if everyone got what they wanted from their second births :)

Oooooh totally forgot make pics when LO is born and I look a complete happy mess. lol We didn't took any pics until the next morning of our son (12 hours later). I was so overwhelmed by the whole thing that I totally forgot to make pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->