for those of us who are already mummies

my sister and bil took so many newborn pictures of zane so im happy they were there but i hated my pic being taken as i looked terrible haha

good thread :thumbup:
my pregnancy was pretty much amazing with maddi and i would love it to be just the same, except less hospital trips and less sickness!
i will also make sure i'm not so sensitive, i had a horrid mw and i completely lost the ability to stick up for myself in pregnant, certainly not next time!
i'm also going to make sure i take as many bump pictures as possible! i have a few, but would like more next time :D
as for the birth, maddi was emergency c-section, so either way, i'd love it to be less stressful! and to not feel so worried when i couldn't bf mads, as i had no milk :(

Next time I will take alot of pregnancy pictures.
I will look into hypnobirthing
I will not have any drugs, expect for epidural if it becomes too much for me
I will make a journal

ohh the journal is a fab idea :D I would do a pregnancy journal on here I think :D

Yeah a pregnancy journal would be fab....Defo less sickness would be nice, but I can't really do anything about that. lol

I want to be less involved with family stress issues that may or may not effect me, lol, stay in shape and work while pregnant. That my goal for my second time around.

Hmmm, that is an interesting question.

Pregnancy:

* definately chill out more and really enjoy the pregnancy and will try not to worry about every little thing.
* will try to avoid 'googling' every little concern and winding myself up more
* buy nicer maternity clothes
* will take more pregnancy piccies
* maybe invest in a 3-D scan
* a pregnancy journal would be good

Labour

* will try to do it without an epidural
* will not beat myself up about the birth if it doesn't go completely to plan (last time, my placenta didn't come away on its own and I had to have it removed in theatre afterwards - even though it was just 'one of those things', I kept going over things in my head and thought, 'oh if I had done this...oh if I had done that' it wouldn't have happened).

xxx

Im pretty happy with my pregnancy so wouldnt do that any differently or wish it was any different

For my labour i would love a home birth with minimal pain relief (i had a epidural with River)

I'd love for my delivery to be much less stressful as i was pushing for near enough 3 hours and was minutes away from a emergency csection

I went into shock after i had River and dont remember her first 4 hours hours at all (other then the crying hystericaly and refusing to hold her which i still feel bad about) so would definatly love to be more relaxed and have skin to skin.

I'd also breast feed and wouldnt give up so easily

oh is on about filming the birth...on one hand hell no lol but on the other if the child acts up when they are older and say they hate me i could show them what i went thru hahaha

:rofl: My OH wants it filmed so he can have a family gathering and show them all the miracle of his childs birth. Over my dead body!!

I am pretty sure his family do not want to see my gaping lady bits! Nononononono.

:rofl: My OH wants it filmed so he can have a family gathering and show them all the miracle of his childs birth. Over my dead body!!

I am pretty sure his family do not want to see my gaping lady bits! Nononononono.

hahahaha

i would love to have it filmed (not like so you can see my lady bits) but like when you hear the mid wife say the baby head is out then when she hands you your baby then you face when first see the baby, if i ever did this i dont think i could show my child maybe when they are older i would ask them if they wanted to see it

I've never given birth, but the comments here are so useful!!

This is the best thread ever- it's getting me excited about giving birth!

Hope I get a BFP soon so I can appreciate it even more...

xxxx

Hi all, hope you dont mind me joining in so late on!! Im already mum to two year old Jayden and WTC no.2 as of june. Even though I was pretty active in my last pregnancy (did alot of walking) id like to try antenatal aerobics, yoga etc.
I never went to any antenatal classes at the hospital, not because I didnt want to but because I was no longer with my partner I felt too uncomfortable going by myself so will definately do that this year!
Im hoping for a VBAC this time around as all went totally wrong last time and no part of my labour was natural so I prey I can atleast go into labour myself this time! x

welcome to all mummys who have just joined and also im so happy that this thread is helping all mummies to be :)

Oh and whether or not we end up in NICU or not, I'd like a 'sooner' pic. I have a pic, but dont remember if it was taken on the day or the next day?!?!?

I was pretty out my tits to tell you the truth!

Oh and whether or not we end up in NICU or not, I'd like a 'sooner' pic. I have a pic, but dont remember if it was taken on the day or the next day?!?!?

I was pretty out my tits to tell you the truth!

i can imagine taking pictures was the last thing on ur mind that day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->