For those starting BLW and wanting to give up.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I started BLW when my LO was 26 weeks. For the first few weeks, nothing really went in her mouth (when everything else is put straight in her mouth.. Why not food!) and if it did, she would gag and be sick and just spit it out. Up until 9 months (so 3 months of BLW), she would have days where she would eat, days where she wasn't interested. I was tempted so many times to try TW as it just didn't seem to be working for us.
But, in the past couple of weeks, everything has changed. She is now a brilliant water, she will eat anything put in front of her and she's demolishing it. I made a Sunday dinner at weekend and you wouldn't have believed she was 9 months old, sat at the table eating the exact same meal.
Whereas before, she was having food as and when, we have now started giving her 3 meals a day and she is loving it.

Just wanted to share because I don't know if it was just me who thought that BLW was a waste of time at first.

Thanks, im really not sure whether to do blwl the gagging and being sick is really putting me off :(

So good to know.

I'm glad bc my LO just wouldn't even look at offered food. I gave her carrot in her hand and it seemed to crack her up but she didn't put it in her mouth. But anyway, it's still early for us!

My LO didn't take off with eating until after 1 year, but he was a preemie so he was a bit behind.

He still doesn't eat a lot, he stuffs his mouth and chews on it for a while, but then spits most of it back out. He needs molars, I think.

Some is getting through though, the proof is in the diapers!

So glad you've had such a great experience! Our experience was very much the same. There wasn't a whole lot of eating for the sake of hunger in the beginning. Took about until 7.5 months for her to really be eating enough that her poos changed noticeably and not until 9 months, exactly like your LO, before she was eating enough to really satisfy hunger and eating for the sake of eating. But now at nearly 16 months, it's such a pleasure to see her eat! She eats things that some adults I know won't eat - pickled beetroot (which is a fav), pots of olives, brie, seaweed, had a bit of grandma's smoked salmon panini when we were out at lunch recently. It's amazing. Certainly, there are days when she isn't as interested in food, and that's fine, we just roll with it. But mostly, it's such a pleasure to see her eat real food. For those worried about gagging and choking, my daughter gagged a bit for the first maybe 2 weeks, but she's never choked and is rarely sick. In fact, the only thing she ever gags on anymore is water! Just goes to show you it's not about offering finger foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->