For those who take zofran

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by MagicalLeigh, Nov 16, 2011.

1. MagicalLeigh

MagicalLeigh Shanda - ttc #4

I just started on this yesterday. While it's working it does a great job, but it seems to wear off after about 3-4 hours. I'm only supposed to take 4mg every 6 hours as needed. Would it be ok if I took it after 4 hours? I could call my dr and ask but he takes sooo long to get back to me if it's not an emergency. I read online that some people take it every 4 hours so I assume it would be ok. How much and often do you ladies take yours? Thanks!

2. carter3737

carter3737 Well-Known Member

I started taking this last week and it doesn't work for me...it gives me a major headache and then I just get nauseous again.

My ob prescribed me the 8mg tabs and said to take 4mg and if it doesn't seem to work then to take the other 4mg an hour later. So maybe you'll be ok to take it.

3. MagicalLeigh

MagicalLeigh Shanda - ttc #4

It gives me headaches too! Luckily only a really small one today, last night my head was pounding and I was wondering if it was actually worth taking. Based on what your dr said I won't feel bad taking another 4 mg after four hours :) thanks

4. carter3737

carter3737 Well-Known Member

You're welcome! Good Luck!

5. minkie

minkie Pregnant with #4

mine gave me 8 mg every 8 hours i think? maybe 12? sorry not much help hope u feel better!! :hugs: