For those who use jars...

Me too!!! I always preview a long post to make sure it sounds ok too......:dohh:

Dont feel bad , i used jars to wean the girls but by 7-8 months they would eat what we eat ( without the salt and added things)

Id probably swap to what you eat and give her a little of that as she is nearly one but im just going by how my girls eat they stopped pureed food from about 9 months.

But then its what makes you feel happy doing :)

I stopped using jars cos they didnt agree with Maley what with her being a vomiter.....i wish she could have a jar now and then.....so much easier when out and about...

Ive had eyes rolled at me when i get out my homemade stuff though....made to feel like im a fussy mum who doesnt want to give her child jars....cant win.....god some mothers are too critical of each other ay.....

oh bexy certainly don't feel bad, do you no i look at the jars and thing, my god that looks sooooo much better than what i make - you ask emily - my homemade pasta vs hipp! much better imo :rofl:

we do both - mainly homemade, but because i have the time - she's healthy and doing wonderfully, thats all that matters xxx

I saw this and had to comment on it....I must be the worst mother in the world, Chloe lives off jars and packets. ~I joke that its cos I'm so bad at cooking but these comments do hurt.

Why should I be made to feel bad for feeding Chloe food designed for babies?

I am so glad there are other mums on here using jars/packets. I brought the annabel karmel books and the recipies look so daunting! I did try to do a carrot puree and banana puree but they looked a bit gooey. Freddy loves the Ella kitchen ones and i find i never have the time to cook him veg and fruit.

I saw your comment. Grace loves jars and always finishes a whole one. I just think if she enjoys them, they are more convinent and realistic to use in the time frame I have and she is gaining weight and happy I see no reason why I should feel bad for using them :shrug: I would love to have the time to cook meals (although I'm a terrible cook) but I just don't. They make them for babies and they sell them so they can't be that bad. I have checked every label because I always look at salt content in everything and there is no crap added in them as far as I can see because otherwise they wouldn't be allowed to sell them for you to give to babies in the first place. And Holly I think they package them and take the air out which is why they don't go off as quickly :)

I once spent 2 hours cooking and pureeing/mashing various things and she refused every single one of them!

Why bother when I know I can get a jar of pasta courgette and tomato out of the cupboard and have a full, happpy baby in 5 minutes?!

I have given jars before and I have some as back up, however I do prefer to give courtney something fresh and I know exactly what has gone into it... plus they are so much more expensive. And they dont particularly agree with courtney either. HV advised when I was weaning to do all my own stuff because how sensitive courtneys tummy is! But they are no way bad at all!

i may be a little dumb here....
but are jars not 100% pureed things?
Correct me if im wrong..... im not "here" yet :)

In short.. no. Most of them anyway. Some are.

The single ingredient ones...atleast here are just the fruit/veggie and water. Sometimes it has Vit C..to prevent browning of the fruit. But some of the meals can have all kinds of things in them

I've never been made to feel like that, majority of the time we'll do homecooked but if we're out, we use jars or tom'll have what i'm having, :)

I use jars and sometimes do homemade. I live on my own too and it is soo hard to get time to make homemade and most days i dont get my tea untill 10 when leo goes to bed and sometimes i just dont. recently ive been tryin my best to do more homemade because the jars are working out soo expensive for me. but i use both anyway and i dont feel bad for it - and you shouldnt feel bad either! x

i mix a bit jar and homemade, i give rhys some rice pudding with my pureed fruit in,
but mostly i do one huge batch of veg and shove in the freezer.
mostly beacause i think jars taste and smell rank imo lol and when i'm feeding i like to say 1 for rhys 2 for mummy :rofl:

i dont think you should feel guilty at all hun, my daughter rosie ate sausage and beans heinz tins most days as 14 yrs ago there wasnt the variety there is now,

the jars like hipp organic dont have preservtives because they are vacumed so she's still getting all the itamins etc.
i think its what works best for you and your child.
i wont pigeon myself into a homemade only hole cos knowing me tomorrow i'll change my mind.
xx

I wanted to do homemade, bought an Annabel Karmel book, made and freezed food - AJ just wont eat it :dohh: He wont eat baby cereals (the boxes) and cant feed himself enough finger food to fill himself up..he's just not fast enough!
Poor lil mite was starving, one day I was given a couple of jars (already had some as back up) and thought 'why not?' Poor lil thing was that starving he practically inhaled it!
Since, moving on to jars, he eats, is more settled, sleeps through and were both a lot happier at 'food' time.

To answer OP...yes, I do feel bad in a way, as its not how I wanted to feed my baby. But he's happy so I'm happy. And hundreds of babies are fed this way!

If you want my opinion I'll give it, but it's only from what I've found myself.

I realised that if I had enough time to sit on here, I had enough time to get dressed and do my make-up and make dinners.... Just me though! I used to say I didn't have enough time when in reality I just couldn't find the 'want' to do it..

But when I'm on here I can keep an eye on her lol when I'm in the kitchen she is free to rule the roost aka destroy the lounge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->