For those who use jars...

A

AppleBlossom

have you ever felt bad for using them? Or been made to feel bad? I give Grace jars still, she gets other meals like cottage pie and beans on toast etc but I still give her jars mainly because I don't have time to make meals which is why I don't have my dinner until she has gone to bed at 8.30ish. Just a few times recently I have read/heard things that have made me feel like a bad lazy mother for feeding my child from a jar (not necessarily on here by the way) and was just wondering if anyone else had?

I stopped using jars because people made me feel like that. Sometimes I still do though (very rare, but it happens)

I try to do homemade as often as possible but it's not always easy so I use Jars.Yes I feel crap at times but then again why?The shops would not sell them if they were bad.

You are on your own hun.Sometimes it easier to do a quick meal for yourself and Grace may not be able to eat it.She looks healthy and happy so stop worrying xx

I've never felt that way, actually quite the opposite as I do a few jars but a lot of homemade and my mom thinks I'm crazy for this :wacko:

I use jars but im very selective and read the back. I tend to use Ellas Kitchens b/c the stage 1 purees only have what it says on the front, not additives or anything. However, saying that, I do mainly use homemade food. I find it a lot cheaper and usually have a day where i have a puree fest and do lots and put it in the deep freeze.

If I had an OH here to keep an eye on her while I made proper meals I think I would do mainly homemade food. But obviously I don't lol and at her age now if you turn your back for a second she's trying to pull the tv over or get up the chimney via the fireplace :dohh: the reason why I can't eat my dinner in peace until she is asleep!

Ive never been made to feel bad about using jars but, if i do use them i feel quilty :blush: i dont know why?? as if they were that bad they wouldnt sell them :shrug: think ive just got in the habbit of doing all homemade.
Dont let any body make you feel bad hun theres nothing wrong with jars!!

I dont think they are neccesarily bad, I just think they are expensive!

Yeah, I usually try and get a bit done when shes napping or in bed. Does grace still nap? If she does you could always do the prep when shes napping (like cut it up and pop into the fridge) and then mash it up when shes asleep.

That being said, shes obviously thriving so jars mustnt be that bad! If you are both happy on jars then dont let anyone make u feel bad about it.

I normally buy my jars for a week at least which means like 20 jars at a time! The till ladies always give me these weird looks (or least least I think they do) and it makes me feel really guilty.

I feel bad all the time as he is now over a year and shouldn't be eating pureed food all the time. The problem is he isn't keen on finger foods except bread / toast. I've also thrown away loads of home cooked food that he refused so I don't cook bulk and freeze until I know he likes it.

But you know what, I work full time and don't have a lot of spare time and at least by giving him jars I know he is getting enough food and that its good lots of good stuff in it. The guys who make it have obviously researched what is good for a baby and lots of people feed their kids the jars.

Oh and I can't use the blender when he is in the house as he is scared of the noise!

i was thinkin about this earlier, people have commmented on me using jars but i dont care enough to get upset about what they think.

zane wont eat me cooking only his dads lol so zane does get home cooked meals but mainly jar food hes recently started on stage 2 he wudnt eat lumps for ages but wud eat finger food. this is like the whole bf v ff debate i tried bf and wen i cudnt actualy do it and zane hated it i switched to ff and i got alot of shit for doing so i still feel like i failed thanks to my mil and others.

long as baby is healthy and happy i think people shud keep their noses out.

The pouches i buy are 85p for one. 1 does two meals right enough but I can buy a butternut squash for £1 and get about 10 meals from it.

Yeah, I usually try and get a bit done when shes napping or in bed. Does grace still nap? If she does you could always do the prep when shes napping (like cut it up and pop into the fridge) and then mash it up when shes asleep.

That being said, shes obviously thriving so jars mustnt be that bad! If you are both happy on jars then dont let anyone make u feel bad about it.

She doesn't nap anymore... I don't know why! But when she did nap that was my house cleaning time and by the time I'd finished she would be awake. She likes the jars and they aren't doing her any harm, I just feel bad that I don't get the time to make her home cooked stuff as much as I think I should

She's happy and healthy and thriving, that's really what counts! Jars aren't a bad thing and I don't think you should feel bad for giving them :hugs:

She doesn't nap anymore... I don't know why! But when she did nap that was my house cleaning time and by the time I'd finished she would be awake. She likes the jars and they aren't doing her any harm, I just feel bad that I don't get the time to make her home cooked stuff as much as I think I should

Well dont feel bad about it, you're doing nothing wrong.

Can you once a month have an afternoon of cooking and make enough to freeze for the whole month?? Maybe get someone to mind grace?
It would save you a hell of alot of money too :) x

I guess I could, I usually buy her jars in bulk when there are offers on. She has things like beans on toast and sandwiches for her lunch so I only use them at dinnertime really unless I have time to make something else. So it doesn't really cost me that much but I suppose I could give that a go

a lot of what I give Hannah are very simple things that I can throw in the rice cooker and steam (chicken, broccoli etc.) Or I make batches up and freeze them and they last me a good month or so and only take a few minutes. She also gets a lot of fresh fruits cut up and cheese etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->